Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Reflection improvement suggestion, because its bs atm

Tenedranox

The ability may or may not sound cool to reflect incoming damage, but as far as the state of enemy scaling is, it always has been total bs in higher levels.

The reason why is simple: Tenno deal damage equal to enemies health, enemies deal damage equal to tenno health and the difference between those are high and become much higher in higher levels. Reflection damage is as dumb as dojo duels, but the other way around.

So my suggestion would be to make it more recognisable when reflection is being used (im lookin to u titania):

First of all, make it finisher damage ignoring enemies armor. Against Corpus and Infested it may doing OK, but against grineer its hilarious...

Furthermore its pretty dumb when u are blocking all u can, with Reflection build in and the enemy who is shooting on u is still killing u, draining all ur energy and gets away alive. I would expect that if u are building for reflect u should at least be able to kill an enemy by reflection without dying. So i would appreciate it if Reflection grants additional channeling efficiency while blocking or even remove the energy drain effect completely. This may solve the energy problem, but u still get nothing out of it when u are playing a not hard tank warframe, because they will simple shoot u off regardless.

So in addition to the %-reflection of incoming damage u are reflecting, i would suggest that enemies take damage equal to same percentage of health+shields/max.health+max.shields lost, multiplied by two.

To make it more clearly and less mathematical: if a bombard shoots at u, chunking away half of ur potential health, the relfection would kill him completely.

This suggestion may sound op in some ears, but think about it.

Make reflection a nish to build around! So are u with me? What would u suggest?

This is one of many things who need improvement, one of them are DoTs being so small in a horde/fast paced game.

Damage reflection should be based on the enemy EHP so it scales with every type of enemy and their current level, as of now, it makes abilities like shatter shield and titania`s thorn buff quite useless.

3 hours ago, Dragonblack175 said:

-painfully snipping a poorly-written, yet surprisingly well thought out, idea-

I dunno about reflection instakills, but the energy drain is definitely annoying.  It's not even really worth reflecting as it is right now, IMO.

And I dunno about dealing DOUBLE damage, but it should definitely be based off of percentages rather than raw damage.

43 minutes ago, Dogefighter said:

I dunno about reflection instakills, but the energy drain is definitely annoying.  It's not even really worth reflecting as it is right now, IMO.

Well instakills would only occur when u take heavy damage. I thought (relatively) long about it and settled on to this suggestion. I totally agree with ur opinion on this.

46 minutes ago, Dogefighter said:

And I dunno about dealing DOUBLE damage, but it should definitely be based off of percentages rather than raw damage.

So u know bombards arent ya? How many bombards is ur life worth? I would be happy about at least two, i also thought about more but concerns like urs hold me back.

10 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Well instakills would only occur when u take heavy damage. I thought (relatively) long about it and settled on to this suggestion. I totally agree with ur opinion on this.

So u know bombards arent ya? How many bombards is ur life worth? I would be happy about at least two, i also thought about more but concerns like urs hold me back.

Well you have to consider:  Bombards are there for a reason.  They make the game more challenging, which is good.  Their issue is that far too many can be out at one time, and that their rockets have slow travel time but high tracking.  Limiting their spawns to, say...three or four at a time, and giving them a slightly faster ogris with minimal tracking would be ideal, since most of the time we don't see the rockets until too late anyhow.