The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What i think they should do with valkyr prime.

Aphelion_Sole

So, the easiest way to do Valkyr Prime would be to base it off of the deluxe skin, however, if it looked like the deluxe skin then what would be the point of having it. So this is my idea. Valkyr Prime would only have a BP, Systems, and Neuros, no chassis. The lore behind it would be that the chassis for Valkyr prime was never made as the orokin fell before they could complete her, so instead of a chassis, you would use a built regular Valkyr to fill in the gaps. So it would look like regular Valkyr with slight texture changes and shiny bits, but would fit lore wise. And equiping the deluxe skin would show what the "full" Valkyr prime might have looked like. Deluxe skin still has a purpose, still have a sexy Valkyr.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

if the original valkyr (valkyr prime) was incomplete, then valkyr's deluxe skin will be non existent. they will have to base it off the gersemi skin because the mass produced frames were based off the design of the original, although not to the same degree. 

We still have no idea of the primes came first or the regulars. IT could have got Ger valkyr - valkyr prime - alad valkyr from ger valkyr. 

Isn't it common knowledge primes are the originals and the rest are just inferior copies?

They could base it off the deluxe skin. The skin shows what valkitty looked like before salad and the prime would be like that but with gold bits and other additions. Its no different than Ash being primed or Atlas or any other. 

4 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

We still have no idea of the primes came first or the regulars. IT could have got Ger valkyr - valkyr prime - alad valkyr from ger valkyr. 

The Primes were the original Orokin creations, the regular versions are Tenno-made imitations.

whatever they do tho they cant base it off of the deluxe skin, doing so makes it pointless and thats a waste of a good skin.

It will most likely be based off the Gersemi skin due to being what valkyr looked like before Alad V. It'll probably look somewhat reminiscent of it with the classic Orokin gold here and there. 

1 minute ago, Plushy said:

Isn't it common knowledge primes are the originals and the rest are just inferior copies?

They could base it off the deluxe skin. The skin shows what valkitty looked like before salad and the prime would be like that but with gold bits and other additions. Its no different than Ash being primed or Atlas or any other. 

The problem is that the skin would become pointless

8 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

IT could have got Ger valkyr - valkyr prime - alad valkyr from ger valkyr. 

This seems like right line. Alad Valkyr is actually stripped off Gersemi Valkyr. It would be reasonable to base Prime version on her deluxe skin, since description on her skin says clearly "before Alad V there was Gersemi Valkyr".
Aaand, while I was writting this, people above mostly said the same thing.

Though, I would love to see Valkyr prime just because I would be intrested to see what DE would pull out for her abilities - since all current abilities are product of torture and experiments

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

9 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

Im saying if they go in that direction of stating that valkyr prime was not finished, not saying that it is, im saying WHAT IF. Keyword IF.

IF valkitty prime was incomplete to begin with, there would be no normal valkitty for salad experiment on because there wouldn't be a prime it was reengineered from. 

22 minutes ago, Plushy said:

Please explain how! I just can't follow your line of reasoning.

Lets say you never bought the skin, valkyr prime comes out, and it looks like the germ skin. You would get valkyr prime, but would you ever get the skin? No, because the frame already looks like the skin, so there would be no reason to buy it because you already have a pimped out version of it for free if you farmed it.

Lets say you never bought the skin, valkyr prime comes out, and it looks like the germ skin. You would get valkyr prime, but would you ever get the skin? No, because the frame already looks like the skin, so there would be no reason to buy it because you already have a pimped out version of it for free if you farmed it.

But I don't think you can do it any other way. Gersemi Valkyr is the way real, regular, Valkyr looks. And it's logical that primed one will be based off that one. You make the point there, but it's inevitable. I guess someone would buy deluxe skin if primed version looked way different (which I personally doubt, since primed versions are not too much different from their regular versions)

29 minutes ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

But I don't think you can do it any other way. Gersemi Valkyr is the way real, regular, Valkyr looks. And it's logical that primed one will be based off that one. You make the point there, but it's inevitable. I guess someone would buy deluxe skin if primed version looked way different (which I personally doubt, since primed versions are not too much different from their regular versions)

Hopefully they do something similar to what i thought of, or they decide to just make valkyr prime look completely original.

1 hour ago, Plushy said:

I don't recall any official source with regards to "primes" being the original model for either weapons or Warframe's.  We're just assuming because most Tenno constructs are cheap knock offs that lack the gold trimming that "prime" equipment came first.  However, it very well could be a matter of the normal warframes and MOST of their weapons being the mass produced models, while prime equipment was elite grade, honor/royal guard level stuff.  I mean, our lisets/orbiter don't exactly scream "Orokin" either, and I doubt we constructed those and just had them sit around for millennia.

As for which model Valkyr Prime will be based on, I'm thinking the deskinned (base) model, only much more "solid," both for the sake of consistency and because prime frames always have the exact same figure as their non-prime counter parts, they just tend to have extra aesthetic "meat" stuck on them to obscure that fact  (you can see where these bits are by using the immortal skin on a prime warframe, the extra bits don't recolor/skin to match.)  Besides, the Gersemi model has rail thin arms, which are ugly as sin in my opinion.

Edited by Littleman88

5 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I don't recall any official source with regards to "primes" being the original model for either weapons or Warframe's.  We're just assuming because most Tenno constructs are cheap knock offs that lack the gold trimming that "prime" equipment came first.  However, it very well could be a matter of the normal warframes and MOST of their weapons being the mass produced models, while prime equipment was elite grade, honor/royal guard level stuff.  I mean, our lisets/orbiter don't exactly scream "Orokin" either, and I doubt we constructed those and just had them sit around for millennia.

As for which model Valkyr Prime will be based on, I'm thinking the deskinned (base) model, only much more "solid," both for the sake of consistency and because prime frames always have the exact same figure as their non-prime counter parts, they just tend to have extra aesthetic "meat" stuck on them to obscure that fact  (you can see where these bits are by using the immortal skin on a prime warframe, the extra bits don't recolor/skin to match.)  Besides, the Gersemi model has rail thin arms, which are ugly as sin in my opinion.

Off topic a bit here but the Liset looks more like the rails which we know were Orokin made. There's just clearly a difference between the towers of gold and beautiful architecture on the moon and in the void meant to show off Orokin wealth and genius versus things meant to be more functional than pretty like the Liset and the rails.

6 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I don't recall any official source with regards to "primes" being the original model for either weapons or Warframe's.  We're just assuming because most Tenno constructs are cheap knock offs that lack the gold trimming that "prime" equipment came first

https://warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

The last line under the "WHAT IS A PRIME?" heading says:

"Non-Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are based on Orokin technology, however they are not genuine Orokin articles."

To be based upon something, that something had to have existed before it. The codex entry for the Burston Prime also implies this.

11 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

As for which model Valkyr Prime will be based on, I'm thinking the deskinned (base) model, only much more "solid," both for the sake of consistency and because prime  frames always have the exact same figure as their non-prime counter parts

The Gersemi skin description claims that this is what Valkyr looked like before Alad V got his hands on her, it would be lore inconsistent to have the Prime, original valkyr based off what Alad V did to Valkyr centuries after the Orokin had vanished. 

19 minutes ago, WorldCreator123 said:

https://warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

The last line under the "WHAT IS A PRIME?" heading says:

"Non-Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are based on Orokin technology, however they are not genuine Orokin articles."

To be based upon something, that something had to have existed before it. The codex entry for the Burston Prime also implies this.

The Gersemi skin description claims that this is what Valkyr looked like before Alad V got his hands on her, it would be lore inconsistent to have the Prime, original valkyr based off what Alad V did to Valkyr centuries after the Orokin had vanished. 

You forget that game play > lore.  PERIOD.  Also, good luck explaining why Valkyr Prime, the supposed "first model" is a pissed off raging feline, because you can bet your shiny metal infested @&$ her abilities ain't changing.  Also asks us to question, after the Tenno become aware of whom they are, why she's STILL pissed off.

Like every other prime in the past, Valkyr prime will have the same silhouette as Valkyr base just with added bling.  They'll pad her up some at most (to look like armor, not this skeleton they claim to be her original look which is ironically thinner) but don't expect the Gersemi model + bling.

Edited by Littleman88

24 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

You forget that game play > lore.  PERIOD

Nothing I said affects gameplay, just that the lore consistency might be a bit off. 

25 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Also, good luck explaining why Valkyr Prime, the supposed "first model" is a pissed off raging feline

That's something that DE may have overlooked when they decided to give Valkyr her background lore, though i suspect DE may have something up their sleeve to explain it, like maybe there was some kind of experiment back then, which would also give them the opportunity to base the prime look on the normal, un-skinned version and make it lore consistent. That, or they just ignore it.

13 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

you can bet your shiny metal infested @&$ her abilities ain't changing.

Except they probably will, but not in the sense I think you're getting at. It's quite common for frames to get reworks/changes just before the prime version is released, and Valkyr's kit could use some changes so hysteria isn't the only ability that's actually useful.

16 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

after the Tenno become aware of whom they are, why she's STILL pissed off.

Second Dream spoiler:

Spoiler

"Wait what, I'm not actually in the warframe?! So I endured all that torture and i could've cut it off any time I wanted if I had just known?! Well phew! No need to be mad now."

There's no reason that after you find out she'd be any less angry, if anything it would've made her angrier.

36 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

good luck explaining why Valkyr Prime, the supposed "first model" is a pissed off raging feline

Valkyr was always a berserker fighter. After the alad experiments she was more animistic and less controlled.

38 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

don't expect the Gersemi model + bling

That's exactly what i expect and what everyone else should as well. The timeline is "orokin create valkyr prime" -> "tenno immitate with gersemi valkyr" -> "alad makes stripped valkyr" -> tenno copy stripped valkyr"

1 hour ago, WorldCreator123 said:

Hide contents

"Wait what, I'm not actually in the warframe?! So I endured all that torture and i could've cut it off any time I wanted if I had just known?! Well phew! No need to be mad now."

There's no reason that after you find out she'd be any less angry, if anything it would've made her angrier.

This anger would carry to the other frames then.

And you:

47 minutes ago, friendofvampires said:

Valkyr was always a berserker fighter. After the alad experiments she was more animistic and less controlled.

That's exactly what i expect and what everyone else should as well. The timeline is "orokin create valkyr prime" -> "tenno immitate with gersemi valkyr" -> "alad makes stripped valkyr" -> tenno copy stripped valkyr"

Don't bank on it.  More precisely, don't bank on the Gersemi model.  That's what I was getting at.  At best, they'll have a reskin of the standard Valkyr model, plus adornments to look more "whole."  Seen the Valkyr Graxx skin?  Something like that, less Grineer, more Orokin.  On top of that, think Nyx Prime, where she has more frame (beyond just gold) added to her lower torso, thighs, and back compared to standard Nyx.    But the actual Gersemi model for Valkyr?  Not a chance.  It's a deluxe skin, not something that works with the Immortal skin (which ALL primes thus far have access to for a reason.)  Doesn't matter where it fits into the lore, Prime's are about matching the original in game model to make it recognizable, but visibly more fabulous (except Frost.)

Oh, and Valkyr "always being a berserker fighter" is news to me.  I remember everyone's argument against her going Prime was that her original self was peaceful, so the abilities would need a complete rework.  But whatever, her always being a berserker of sorts makes more sense (Orokin needed warrior gods, not pacifists.)

Mostly, I'd make the wager people here are clinging too much to the damn lore (again, and only for this sole Warframe) when there's little reason to believe DE will suddenly change tune and adopt a deluxe skin as the basis for a new Prime.  Nope, we'll get something akin to Excalibur -> Prime reskin plus Nyx padding additions, like every other recent prime.  Less exposed wiring for sure.  The spine?  Can't wait to see what they do with that, as I doubt it's a "tack on" bit, but part of the base model.

Edited by Littleman88