The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a reason to play endless missions

TheBrightKing

So im one of these guys who enjoyed staying on a survival for a long time

Now it has no reward so everyone leaves at 5 min what im trying to say is that it should have some sort of reward so im suggesting a cosmetic reward; a special syandana, a badge, cosmetic things obtainable for staying long times on surv or defense.... that would be a reason for some people to come back to these missions and the people who dont want would not need to do it to have top equipment

Edited by mstriker
Ortography

So, a cosmetic item you'd have to complete a long survival/defense to collect, then never touch it again because you have the reward after doing it a single time?

I, too, enjoyed long survivals, but cosmetics aren't a good incentive. They'd all be gotten really quickly and rather easily, leaving no reason to go back through and do them again.

DE has made statements that they never intended players to run long missions like that and that, while they won't stop players from doing so, it's not officially endorsed or supported and players are on their own if they choose to play that way. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from going into Recruiting and getting a group of like minded players together that want to run long missions.

Edited by Ceryk

8 minutes ago, mstriker said:

Now it has no reward so everyone leaves at 5 min

FWIW, endless missions now all reward Relics, be it on Rotation B & C only or e.g. Neo on A and Axi on B & C,
so there's at least some incentive to stay until the first Rotation C.

2 minutes ago, mstriker said:

a cosmeric reward; a special syandana, a badge, cosmetic things obtaimable for staying long times on surv or defense

But, what would keep you doing these missions once you've gotten those rewards already?

How about some kind of scaling rewards, i.e. after the first C,
you get additional goodies added to the reward list, like Potatoes (at an initially low but growing %),
Ducat bundles (again growing), built Formas (maybe), a pool of certain Rare Mods, or something.

Also, increase mission completion Credit rewards based on how long you stayed,
increase resource and Mod drop chances while the mission is going on / ramping up.

1 minute ago, KittyDarkling said:

I like this line of thinking ^

i feel like it makes sense, they want us to leave who better so send after us then there best, and maybe add more and more bursas/manics as time passes as well things with good drops that are interesting to fight

3 minutes ago, Larred said:

i feel like it makes sense, they want us to leave who better so send after us then there best, and maybe add more and more bursas/manics as time passes as well things with good drops that are interesting to fight

Yeah make it more challenging with the time

7 minutes ago, Larred said:

I was under the impression you meant forced one of the stalker/harvy/rusty-three assassins you have a mark for to come after you. It'd make sense since they are actively hunting you and you've stayed in the same spot for quite a bit of time and drawing quite a lot of attention to yourself. Additionally if people don't want to stay long in endless missions, this reward wouldn't be necessary with beacons, and randoms attacks already existing.

More Manics would be good though too.

Edited by KittyDarkling

2 minutes ago, KittyDarkling said:

I was under the impression you meant forced one of the stalker/harvy/rusty-three assassins you have a mark for to come after you. It'd make sense since they are actively hunting you and you've stayed in the same spot for quite a bit of time and drawing quite a lot of attention to yourself. Additionally if people don't want to stay long in endless missions, this reward wouldn't be necessary with beacons, and randoms attacks already existing.

More Manics would be good though too.

i meant both XD

Relics are basically keys. A relic used on an endless fissure mission should open a fissure every five minutes/waves. I really don't see why they took that away. If that's to "meta", reward relics, void traces, forma bps, useless mods, etc., something to encourage people to stay (it would have to be more than star chart survivals). They way it is now, I really hate to say this, is laughable. My solution may be nonsense, but they turned void grinds into fissure speed runs. That's the game now; finish the fissure mission as fast as possible. They basically took us out of the frying pan and put us into the fire.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Don't word so good.