The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

splitting Night/Day cycle nodes

Insizer

So now that we have a physical model for Earth with nodes sprinkled across it. Roughly half of Earth's nodes are on Earth's night side and roughly half are on the day side at any given time, so could we now have them mirror this? I am suggesting that at any given time one half is day missions while the other is night missions, after 4 hours they switch.

It would also be nice if the level preview image you see when selecting nodes would show if the missions were during the daytime or nighttime.

22 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Yeah do this, we have a SPACESHIP, (or rather shuttle) why can't we just go on the nightside whenever we want ?

Exactly, it adds more immersion imo. 

15 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Yep, don't see why they haven't done it yet.

Makes it easier to farm plants for Titania's Apothics.

And it would have made a world of difference during "save the forest" event (the official name of which I forgot) The Cicero Crisis event, which you can still play btw.

Edited by Insizer
thanks secret9005 for reminding me of the name

Just now, secret9005 said:

Wasn't here when it happened so IDK what would be the difference.

It was an event where you had to scan plants to make anti-toxins, input said anti-toxins into large pumps the grineer where using to pump toxins into the earth's forests, and then defend it the pumps while they neutralized the toxins. The best anti-toxins (which would net you the most points) required a combination of night and day plants.

1 minute ago, Insizer said:

It was an event where you had to scan plants to make anti-toxins, input said anti-toxins into large pumps the grineer where using to pump toxins into the earth's forests, and then defend it the pumps while they neutralized the toxins. The best anti-toxins (which would net you the most points) required a combination of night and day plants.

Well I always see another console that says something like insert antitoxin or something. If I remember correctly, there's no use for them now. So how about giving better rewards for using an antitoxin while they're at it. Gives a whole new dynamic to Earth Sabotage (for newer players).

16 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Well I always see another console that says something like insert antitoxin or something. If I remember correctly, there's no use for them now. So how about giving better rewards for using an antitoxin while they're at it. Gives a whole new dynamic to Earth Sabotage (for newer players).

Actually you could always craft but now you can use those anti-toxins, don't recall when DE put using them back in though. But it doesn't really change the outcome of the mission aside from some Lotus voice overs and a colour change on the injector from green to blue fluids. 

4 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

Actually you could always craft but now you can use those anti-toxins, don't recall when DE put using them back in though. But it doesn't really change the outcome of the mission aside from some Lotus voice overs and a colour change on the injector from green to blue fluids. 

Exactly, doing them doesn't really reward all that time scanning plants. Maybe an extra reward or two based on the antitoxin used? There just really needs to be an incentive to use them because crafting costs are just tedious to get if you're rewarded nothing.