The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower keys vs. Relics system

Doxorn

Greetings,

First of all, there is no salt here, we are out of stock.

Back before Relic system there was Tower key system. All good rewards was in defense/survival C rotation. I constantly ran and ran the same missions to farm the new prime stuff that came out. Still I only got them after at least 2 months of farming. Yes, 2 months, I am not a hardcore gamer but neither a causal. I only had to farm the primes because keys was not a problem. I always had some or others had some.

Then the Relic system came! A sea of salt swept across the universe. Then Digital Extremes deceided to try a dangerous alchemy and add new prime stuff into new relics which players have to farm. The result was... more salt. Yet, it happened. I farmed the new relics. Refined them or not. Ran several fissure missions. After not a full week. I made 500+ platinum only by selling the new prime stuff via trade. Futhermore Nekros Prime will be finished in 2 days. Already got Tigris prime. Only missing Galatine Prime blueprint for the set. All this in 1 week with the Relic system.

So for me: getting 500+ plat and all new prime parts except 1 part within 1 week VS farming for 2 months only to get all new prime and getting nearly no plat during the farm.

I choose Relic system. It did very well reduced the grind and I got a lot of ducats also while farmed for Void Traces :)

This is for players who think Tower key system was better:

"Tenno, Tenno... Why must you always work against- progress? I'm trying to bring us all together. Things could have been different if you tried to work wi- with me."

Edited by Doxorn

To be honest, this new relic system is way better than the old system. It made the grind have some kind of a progression system which require you to get the relic then farm the traces and get prime parts in the process then refine the relic for the needed part then you just hope for the best. I find it way less boring this way than before. 

Because it basically caved to all the people who want everything right now, and made it less social by adding a "bumrush to the end" aspect, as well as removing the "taking a bunch of noobs along for an adventure" aspect if they literally have no keys of x era. Yes, its maybe rewarding.. but it's also just as boring. It needed to be tweaked, not turned into simply a different kind of grind.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Cpt_Rebellion said:

To be honest, this new relic system is way better than the old system. It made the grind have some kind of a progression system which require you to get the relic then farm the traces and get prime parts in the process then refine the relic for the needed part then you just hope for the best. I find it way less boring this way than before. 

I love the new system.  I had 30 minutes to kill and have been trying to collect prime frames for selling, so I thought why not jump in to a PUG see if I can get that last part I need so I can make a little plat.  Grab my Axi key, jump into mission, finish mission... Nekros prime BP... from one of my PUG member's relic.  Run a second mission, Galantine prime BP from a different PUG members relic.

No looking for group, no hoping everyone has a key and isn't just lying to leach.  Jump in hunt whatever I want, maybe be lucky and get something I need.

I love the new relic system except for the relics retaining their loot pools  

I first liked the idea behind the relics keeping their loot, as it removes that rush to obtain items before they go into the vault.  however now that new gear has come out and my 100+ relics all have nothing I want, I realized this ends up punishing veterans as our current relics now serve no purpose towards getting new gear.

We need a system that either allows us to crush relics down for shards, helping to power up new relics we gather or give us the ability to trade in old Versions for the new.