Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Youtuber's Glyph

Top_Gun_1999

8 hours ago, Vyra said:

i don't think its fair, other people also would like to have their custom glyphs.. but even WARLORDS need to PAY real cash to get their clam emblems into the game.

I think it's fair that people who spend time promoting someone elses product get samples of that product....

17 hours ago, Meliq said:

I think it's fair that people who spend time promoting someone elses product get samples of that product....

lol
means when i play and just enable "twitch stream" i should get samples of the product? damn son...
they do nothing less than others do.. the only difference is the streaming...

exclusive items are bad... you will see ( or already see ) many people complain about exclusive items...

also youtubers already make thousands of dollars in a month ( watch the documentary about it ).. i don't think they need any more reward...

Edited by Vyra

4 hours ago, Vyra said:

the only difference is the streaming...

Yes, and that alone makes it a huge difference. One is a guy playing a video game. One is promoting while playing a video game. The other has DE getting absolutely nothing unless the player pays while the other gives the game exposure.

While certain channels do make a good chunk of money off videos, WF YouTubers may not get that much. Remember that a lot of people use AdBlock/uBlock Origins, and people that don't often skip ads, and YouTube still takes their cut. Either way their revenue is irrelevant to the contribution that they gave to the community.

And it's only natural that people want things that they can't have. Complaining is bound to happen, especially with Warframe's community.

Edited by TotallyLagging

3 hours ago, Vyra said:

lol
means when i play and just enable "twitch stream" i should get samples of the product? damn son...

exclusive items are bad... you will see ( or already see ) many people complain about exclusive items...

also youtubers already make thousands of dollars in a month ( watch the documentary about it ).. i don't think they need any more reward...

You're weirdly salty about the whole thing.  DE always supports people who promote their game and helps players.  If its in game, there's the guide program.  Usually it's just a title, but they've recently added some extra cosmetic swag.  If it's out of game (content makers/guide writers) they have a partner/fansite program.  You get listed on the warframe website at the fansite link (look up top) and get sent all the new stuff as it's released.  Now they've added glyphs, which is a pretty DE thing to do.  

Can also check out the fansite link to get an idea on what the available (and soon to be available) partner glyphs look like.  If you want in, just create about the same amount of content and guides as Mogamu (the op's glyph) or Flare (my glyph).  Easy enough right? :)

5 hours ago, Vyra said:

lol

They are also building an awareness of a new system that will entail cost. they make it cool.  So - yes, if you twitch stream and get a huge following then you would probably get samples.  This is how promotional items and marketing works.

On 8/31/2016 at 3:53 PM, Arithin said:

You're weirdly salty about the whole thing.  DE always supports people who promote their game and helps players.  If its in game, there's the guide program.  Usually it's just a title, but they've recently added some extra cosmetic swag.  If it's out of game (content makers/guide writers) they have a partner/fansite program.  You get listed on the warframe website at the fansite link (look up top) and get sent all the new stuff as it's released.  Now they've added glyphs, which is a pretty DE thing to do.  

Can also check out the fansite link to get an idea on what the available (and soon to be available) partner glyphs look like.  If you want in, just create about the same amount of content and guides as Mogamu (the op's glyph) or Flare (my glyph).  Easy enough right? :)

the thing is they make money already... ( watch the documentary on how rich youtubers are actually )

Edited by Vyra

On 8/30/2016 at 3:49 AM, Vyra said:

i don't think its fair, other people also would like to have their custom glyphs.. but even WARLORDS need to PAY real cash to get their clam emblems into the game.

So do twitch streamers  and youtube content creators they all payed plat for their emblems to be uploaded this is just a little extra thanks DE can give them for promoting their game. Now at one point we'll probably be able to upload custom glyph's  but of course we'll have to pay with plat for those unlike, content creators :p

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

Here is the best one for you - from Wgrates, a twitch streamer, who's awesome just like people around him. And yes, he is a dog, playing using a paw-board.QX2tYKK.jpg

P.S. Can't make the forum profile use the glyph picture though sadly :( - YAY, it updated!

Edited by Kyrkus