Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void 2.0 sucks

Telogor

I know there's a megathread right there, but I'm pretty sure DE doesn't look at it very closely, and I'm so pissed that this warrants a complete topic.

In the old Void, I had a very large stockpile of keys, so many that I could never run out of T1 or T2 keys.  I could easily replenish my stocks at any time: do an Excavation of the appropriate level, and I get a guaranteed key in rotation B, one of 5 or 6 in the drop table.  I could farm for these at any time and picked up plenty while farming Cryotic and Fusion Cores.

In the old Void, I could easily farm whatever Prime parts I wanted, and there were always people who wanted to come along.  One person could provide Prime parts for 4 people, and 4 people could get together for non-endless missions and turn one key from each into 4 or 8 parts.

In the old Void, if you didn't have any of a specific type of key, there was generally someone hosting the mission in Recruiting, especially for hot missions like T3/4 D/I/S.

In the old Void, I could easily get a new prime weapon in a few sessions of dedicated grinding, and usually got the whole Prime Access within a week, or a month at most if RNG sucked and I had very little time.

In the old Void, ducats were plentiful.  Between the trash parts you got when farming for the new ones/ones you didn't have and being able to speedrun T1/2 C in about 2 minutes, there was never any reason to let Baro's stock slip away due to ducat cost.

In the old Void, there was key stockpile maintenance at any time, and one farm for one part.  Maybe you hated it, but there was a clear objective, and once you achieved that objective, you were fully rewarded.  It felt rewarding, and it somehow made the grind feel worth it.

But this flawed-yet-decent system changed.

In the new Void, your key stockpile is useless.  I have over 920 useless Relics, just sitting in my inventory gathering dust until I have nothing better to do than farm ducats.  You have to farm new relics for every new prime part, so Void burnout is being replaced by Kiliken, Callisto, Xini, and Mithra burnout.

In the new Void, you have to farm relics and traces in order to even have a chance of farming Prime parts.  Good luck finding people to come with you, since they basically have to have the correct relic enhanced to the right quality so you're not completely wasting your time.

In the new Void, if you don't have a specific relic, you're screwed.  Good luck finding it.  If you're really, really lucky, you can take a junk relic from the same era as someone who has the right relic, and the other person's relic might have your part.  I wouldn't count on it, though.

In the new Void, I have only 3 of 11 new Prime parts, 2 commons and an uncommon.  Rares haven't come up in the 10 or so Radiant runs I've done.  I haven't been able to put my shiny new Tigris in the oven because I still don't have the BP.

In the new Void, I actually have to farm ducats, because every single prime part is preceded by a dual-layered farm.  Ducat prices were not dropped enough, and ducat value wasn't increased enough.

In the new Void, relic stockpile maintenance is useless, since none of your existing relics can drop new Primes.  There's now a three-layered farm for a single part.  First, you have to farm the relics, which is as much of a grind as farming an entire part was in the old Void.  Then, you enhance the relics for a better chance at an uncommon/rare part.  Then, you can finally farm for the part in a group with random people instead of your Alliance members, since there are so few people who have the right type and quality of relic.  Then, you can REPEAT THE ENTIRE FREAKING PROCESS AGAIN BECAUSE YOUR PART STILL DIDN'T DROP, BUT THIS TIME YOU HAVE TO FARM MORE TRACES, TOO.  You hate every minute that you don't spend farming for the part itself, because you know that there's another step you have to do, even if you do get the right relic or get enough traces.  Even when you do get your Prime part, it feels like a relief from the endless farm cycle rather than a reward.

TL;DR: In short, the new Void system is the worst of both worlds: you have to farm for rare things, and then you have to use the rare things to farm for more rare things.  Even going with the (overestimated) "generous" odds of 20% chance for the right relic and 10% chance for the rare part, that's still a 2% chance when you put the two together.  Where have we seen 2% before?  Oh, yeah, that's the chance for a rare part drop in the old Void.  The farm hasn't been reduced one bit, and it's dramatically increased for the people most dedicated to the game, those who have farmed everything for countless hours and have the stockpile of Void keys.  When DE puts these huge, annoying grind walls in front of new stuff, it creates a bad situation for us veterans, especially those who only play the game for the new content.  We get three options:

1. Slog through the grindfest after DE ruined our mitigation technique and resent DE and the game for it, increasing our chance to leave the game permanently
  2. Buy the new stuff, play with it for a little bit, and run out of things to do, leaving the game until the next content update
  3. Just give up on the game that seemingly gets worse for vets with every update, and leave the game permanently.

There were dozens of good ideas to fix the old Void system that would have worked far better than the current one: pseudoRNG (increasing chance of rares with more rewards received), a Prime trader (buying the parts with tokens gained by running Void missions), giving more/better rewards on long missions, giving a choice of rewards, etc.  Instead we get yet another half-baked system from DE, one that screws over most of the serious playerbase.

--------------------

P.S. If you want to know what prompted this massive feedback post, I finally got a pair of Radiant Axi T1 Relics farmed up.  I ran them both in full squads, and got 7 commons and 1 uncommon.  I only got to keep two of them.  (at least I could have sold them for ducats in the old system, but nooooo...)  The worst part was the second one dropped TRIPLE. BLOODY. VECTIS. FREAKING. BARRELS.  With a 57.0% chance of at least one rare across all 8 relics, I get triple Vectis Barrels, which is only a .4% chance for any given Radiant run.  The new system is supposed to help prevent bullcrap like 7 commons out of 8 relics, but I've had no improvement in the Prime farming experience.  Between frustrations at no new relic drops and crappy drops I can't even convert to ducats, I'm more demoralized than ever with the prospect of trying to farm a new Prime frame and a new weapon I actually care about.  I've put in the time, and I have almost nothing to show for it.  At this point, working at McDonald's would give me more Warframe progress than actually playing the game does.

Edited by Telogor

I found the new system was easier to obtain specifically what I wanted (but only because of certain sources posting drop chances/locations). It's definitely a bit of a kick to the teeth of older players who stockpiled a ton of keys with the knowledge that they could be used to obtain new items every prime rotation. Now most of my considerable stock as well sits collecting dust. Running multiple 4x radiant relics for a rare that you grinded your butt off to get nothing but commons and uncommons is pretty demoralizing though. We could definitely do with a void trace buff to ease the grind on that particular step, as even with a booster, it still feels low to receive for example..14 from a mission.

5 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

My friend. while you think DE appear to not look closely at the Megathread, did you stop to think that the majority like the new system over the minority who prefer the old ways?

data to prove that claim

5 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

data to prove that claim

Look above. 6 people (including myself) vs 2 people (including yourself). Sure, these results are only on a simple Forum, but I have no substantial evidence to back me up. It's not like there's a Megathread on why this new system is great... is there?

33 minutes ago, letir said:

There is hundred topics about that, your pissed opinion isn't really new.

It also wrong, new system is better.

So there are hundred of topics about this bs, the megathread is pretty much full 25 pages of pure hate, you have angry people left and right screaming for a change, yet you're calling everyone wrong for not liking the same thing that you like? - That's amazing.
While the old Void did have some problems, the fact is that this is a complete trainwreck - a disaster. If this system was so much better and etc, people wouldn't hate it so much. Maybe someone will say that the majority of the players are okay with the new system (I doubt it), the fact remains that there's a very large number of people that are just unhappy with this change. Myself included. 

I don't know, if they could just add the old system to the game as well as keeping the new one, everyone would be happy... but you can't have that. Also, we could then see which is more popular and just better.

1 hour ago, Telogor said:

I know there's a megathread right there, but I'm pretty sure DE doesn't look at it very closely, and I'm so pissed that this warrants a complete topic.

In the old Void, I had a very large stockpile of keys, so many that I could never run out of T1 or T2 keys.  I could easily replenish my stocks at any time: do an Excavation of the appropriate level, and I get a guaranteed key in rotation B, one of 5 or 6 in the drop table.  I could farm for these at any time and picked up plenty while farming Cryotic and Fusion Cores.

In the old Void, I could easily farm whatever Prime parts I wanted, and there were always people who wanted to come along.  One person could provide Prime parts for 4 people, and 4 people could get together for non-endless missions and turn one key from each into 4 or 8 parts.

In the old Void, if you didn't have any of a specific type of key, there was generally someone hosting the mission in Recruiting, especially for hot missions like T3/4 D/I/S.

In the old Void, I could easily get a new prime weapon in a few sessions of dedicated grinding, and usually got the whole Prime Access within a week, or a month at most if RNG sucked and I had very little time.

In the old Void, ducats were plentiful.  Between the trash parts you got when farming for the new ones/ones you didn't have and being able to speedrun T1/2 C in about 2 minutes, there was never any reason to let Baro's stock slip away due to ducat cost.

In the old Void, there was key stockpile maintenance at any time, and one farm for one part.  Maybe you hated it, but there was a clear objective, and once you achieved that objective, you were fully rewarded.

But this flawed-yet-decent system changed.

In the new Void, your key stockpile is useless.  I have over 920 useless Relics, just sitting in my inventory gathering dust until I have nothing better to do that farm ducats.  You have to farm new relics for every new prime part, so Void burnout is being replaced by Kiliken, Callisto, Xini, and Mithra burnout.

In the new Void, you have to farm relics and traces in order to even have a chance of farming Prime parts.  Good luck finding people to come with you, since they basically have to have the correct relic enhanced to the right quality so you're not completely wasting your time.

In the new Void, if you don't have a specific relic, you're screwed.  Good luck finding it.  If you're really, really lucky, you can take a junk relic from the same era as someone who has the right relic, and the other person's relic might have your part.  I wouldn't count on it, though.

In the new Void, I have only 3 of 11 new Prime parts, 2 commons and an uncommon.  Rares haven't come up in the 10 or so Radiant runs I've done.  I haven't been able to put my shiny new Tigris in the oven because I still don't have the BP.

In the new Void, I actually have to farm ducats, because every single prime part is preceded by a dual-layered farm.  Ducat prices were not dropped enough, and ducat value wasn't increased enough.

In the new Void, relic stockpile maintenance is useless, since none of your existing relics can drop new Primes.  There's now a three-layered farm for a single part.  First, you have to farm the relics, which is as much of a grind as farming an entire part was in the old Void.  Then, you enhance the relics for a better chance at an uncommon/rare part.  Then, you can finally farm for the part in a group with random people instead of your Alliance members, since there are so few people who have the right type and quality of relic.  Then, you can REPEAT THE ENTIRE FREAKING PROCESS AGAIN BECAUSE YOUR PART STILL DIDN'T DROP, BUT THIS TIME YOU HAVE TO FARM MORE TRACES, TOO.  You hate every minute that you don't spend farming for the part itself, because you know that there's another step you have to do, even if you do get the right relic or get enough traces.

TL;DR: In short, the new Void system is the worst of both worlds: you have to farm for rare things, and then you have to use the rare things to farm for more rare things.  Even going with the (overestimated) "generous" odds of 20% chance for the right relic and 10% chance for the rare part, that's still a 2% chance when you put the two together.  Where have we seen 2% before?  Oh, yeah, that's the chance for a rare part drop in the old Void.  The farm hasn't been reduced one bit, and it's dramatically increased for the people most dedicated to the game, those who have farmed everything for countless hours and have the stockpile of Void keys.  When DE puts these huge, annoying grind walls in front of new stuff, it creates a bad situation for us veterans, especially those who only play the game for the new content.  We get three options:

1. Slog through the grindfest after DE ruined our mitigation technique and resent DE and the game for it, increasing our chance to leave the game permanently
  2. Buy the new stuff, play with it for a little bit, and run out of things to do, leaving the game until the next content update
  3. Just give up on the game that seemingly gets worse for vets with every update, and leave the game permanently.

--------------------

P.S. If you want to know what prompted this massive feedback post, I finally got a pair of Radiant Axi T1 Relics farmed up.  I ran them both in full squads, and got 7 commons and 1 uncommon.  I only got to keep two of them.  (at least I could have sold them for ducats in the old system, but nooooo...)  The worst part was the second one dropped TRIPLE. BLOODY. VECTIS. FREAKING. BARRELS.  With a 57.0% chance of at least one rare across all 8 relics, I get triple Vectis Barrels, which is only a .4% chance for any given Radiant run.  The new system is supposed to help prevent bullcrap like 7 commons out of 8 relics, but I've had no improvement in the Prime farming experience.  Between frustrations at no new relic drops and crappy drops I can't even convert to ducats, I'm more demoralized than ever with the prospect of trying to farm a new Prime frame and a new weapon I actually care about.  I've put in the time, and I have almost nothing to show for it.  At this point, working at McDonald's would give me more Warframe progress than actually playing the game does.

Okay, so I read the whole post and I now want you to read my toughts about this topic:

Also...

"Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die. Which will it be Tenno?"

2 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

Okay, so I read the whole post and I now want you to read my toughts about this topic:

Also...

"Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die. Which will it be Tenno?"

Did you actually read his post? Because if you did, you'd know that he didn't get lucky with the rewards... yet you came and linked him to your thread where you pretty much say "Well RNG was with me this time around! I got all the parts within a few runs. Suck it, old Void system!". Like, that doesn't mean anything... What if I told you that I was able to get the new primes from the old system with just 1 or 2 days of playing? Will that justify removing the new system? I don't think so... Like I said, what you're saying is that you just were lucky with your rewards and that's it.

Made a thread on my experience with the prime part farming.

You also forgot to mention how much faster we do fissure missions. Most of the good rewards back then was at T3 Survival Rotation C. Now 20 minutes for the part you want, only to be disappointed in not getting it? Not everyone has that much time in a day to grind 3-5 Rotation Cs. Sure burning through relics is faster, but you get a chance at your reward faster too.

1 minute ago, secret9005 said:

Made a thread on my experience with the prime part farming.

You also forgot to mention how much faster we do fissure missions. Most of the good rewards back then was at T3 Survival Rotation C. Now 20 minutes for the part you want, only to be disappointed in not getting it? Not everyone has that much time in a day to grind 3-5 Rotation Cs. Sure burning through relics is faster, but you get a chance at your reward faster too.

Seriously guys... What gives? Not have time for a few Rotation Cs? Ohh... but you have time to farm 11 new relics, huh? So that means what? Instead of playing 5 hours of Void Survival, you're playing 5 hours of Hieracon... And after those 5 hours, you go and farm tracers for another 30 or so minutes. Right. You don't have the time...

3 minutes ago, -S-I-L-V-E-R- said:

Seriously guys... What gives? Not have time for a few Rotation Cs? Ohh... but you have time to farm 11 new relics, huh? So that means what? Instead of playing 5 hours of Void Survival, you're playing 5 hours of Hieracon... And after those 5 hours, you go and farm tracers for another 30 or so minutes. Right. You don't have the time...

Don't tell me you don't need to farm for Keys back then. Sure you can stockpile them. But still you had to farm them.

Just now, secret9005 said:

Don't tell me you don't need to farm for Keys back then. Sure you can stockpile them. But still you had to farm them.

Except we need to farm 11 new cabbages right now... where before, you weren't forced to farm keys from ground zero. Also, with KeySharing, you could've gotten at least 4 rewards from a single key, meaning that you weren't burning them so quickly. 

You might (and it's really up to RNG, so a BIG MIGHT) get the reward you want faster in terms of farming for "it", but if you add the time you play farming for those Relics, those Tracers, it's likely a more time consuming thing. 

17 minutes ago, -S-I-L-V-E-R- said:

Did you actually read his post? Because if you did, you'd know that he didn't get lucky with the rewards... yet you came and linked him to your thread where you pretty much say "Well RNG was with me this time around! I got all the parts within a few runs. Suck it, old Void system!". Like, that doesn't mean anything... What if I told you that I was able to get the new primes from the old system with just 1 or 2 days of playing? Will that justify removing the new system? I don't think so... Like I said, what you're saying is that you just were lucky with your rewards and that's it.

I can't take you seriously. You said this like RNG was not a thing back in the Void Key system. And I wasn't just lucky with the new system. I got 2 of every new part except Galatine prime bp. Is it just luck? Your critism is more like crying like "I don't want to farm new relics!!!! I wan't to use my stockpiled Relics to be able to farm all the new shiny stuff before everyone else!! I don't want a change! It's scary.".

And yes, I read the whole post. EVERY. SINGLE. WORD.

I was just played Warframe like always. However I don't get people's whining because they don't like their new toy. It's more better since you farm out new relics and even if you miss a special relic you can always trade it for another, for example I traded all of my Axi N3 to Axi G1. Because of RNG. And while you farm Void Traces you can use your old Relics to farm Ducats.

As for all 4 people bring the same Radiant Relic your chances are quadrupled for getting that single item you need.

For example back in the old Void system Ash prime blueprint was on T3 Defense C rotation. You had to do 20/40/60 waves of Defense only to have a tiny little chance for Ash prime bp. Oh and do it over and over again.

With the Relic system you can just farm out 100 Void Traces (5-7 short mission) refine your Relic and get a full squad of that Radiant relic. And if you don't get that rare reward you needed at the end of the mission, the other 3 player still has a chance for that rare prime stuff. That 5-7 short mission in equal in time to a 20wave of T3 defense. Then you only run it 3-4 times to get the rare prime part. That is like a 4x 20wave T3 defense.

How is it worse than having to run over and over again more than 10 times 40wave of T3 defense to get 1 stuff you need, instead of running different kind of missions for a shorter peroid of time? Less boring and better for people who don't have time for 20-40-60 waves of Defense or minute Survival because they have duties in real life.

22 minutes ago, -S-I-L-V-E-R- said:

Except we need to farm 11 new cabbages right now... where before, you weren't forced to farm keys from ground zero. Also, with KeySharing, you could've gotten at least 4 rewards from a single key, meaning that you weren't burning them so quickly. 

You might (and it's really up to RNG, so a BIG MIGHT) get the reward you want faster in terms of farming for "it", but if you add the time you play farming for those Relics, those Tracers, it's likely a more time consuming thing. 

Funny you mention traces, cause it's not really needed. A radiant just makes the chance 10%, but then again RNG is RNG. Did you even read my thread though?

@Doxorn has more or less the same experience as me and some of the others that posted here. It's clearly better.

@secret9005

@Doxorn

Yes, because if both of you are lucky with new system that pretty much means that it's better. Like, you weren't lucky before - so you were unhappy, and now you are... And you think that everyone that's pissed for not having this system work in their favor is obviously in the wrong. Well it's not that simple. 

Now, I'm fully aware that none of these comments will change anyones opinion - not yours or mine. But let me tell you something, you guys only base your arguments on a single thing - that you were lucky with the rewards this time. That's it. That's the reason you neglect all the bad things about this system. It's fine to have an opinion, but you're both biased. 

- I'm not gonna try and sum every problem out there as there are quite a lot. Just look at the 25 page Megathread or the countless of threads just like this one here. 

Again, if it was so freaking fantastic, you wouldn't have this hate. 

@-S-I-L-V-E-R- I can't seem to quote you but here.

"Yes, because if both of you are lucky with new system that pretty much means that it's better. Like, you weren't lucky before - so you were unhappy, and now you are... And you think that everyone that's pissed for not having this system work in their favor is obviously in the wrong. Well it's not that simple."

I could use the same argument with you. Just because you are unlucky doesn't mean the new system is worse.

Prime Part farming only, Key/Relic farming aside. It's faster to get the chance for the prime part this time.

Give me more reasons why the new system is worse, I need something to base on.

@secret9005

28 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

I could use the same argument with you. Just because you are unlucky doesn't mean the new system is worse.

Exactly, it's not a real argument. I'm not basing my argument just on that.

Look, I agree with you about the Prime farming. It's still RNG, but the fact that you pick 1 out of 4 rewards in a single mission means that you don't need to play four times - just once. Obviously, when RNG is good with you, you'll say - this is a better system. When you play a mission and you get just the common items, you'll say - it sucks, I could've at least gotten all 4 items in the old system, granted I'll play the mission four times in total, but it will cost me just 1 key.  Like you understand, it's really disappointing in farming so much time for these relics, hoping that RNG is good and gives you the correct one, only to have the same RNG give you a bad reward. 

The thing is, praising RNG and blaming RNG - that's not a real reason to like or dislike something since it's just "luck". The reason people dislike/hate this system is because the problems aren't only based on RNG. I did say Enemy scaling as a problem in the old Void, but it's really the game itself, like, scaling is still bad, you just don't play Survival for 20 mins anymore (or at least not there). So really, the only thing that people weren't happy with was the rewards they were getting.

Right now, to start, you have a problem with constantly getting new relics - thus forcing you to farm them, where in the old Void, you did have more keys because didn't burn them so quickly.

You have a problem with collecting reactant. Number of people have posted that they were just forced to extract without having all 10 reactants, thus they didn't get any reward. Now, maybe you didn't play with A******s like that, but there are still there.

You have a problem that every single mission right now is pretty much a speed run. Now this may not look like a real problem, but can you call it "playing"? Like, I know that we players try to complete the mission as fast as possible so we can either redo it or move to the next one - this was where Survival, Defense and Interception slowed people down. You were forced to play those missions in order to get the parts that you need. Now the most played missions are Capture, Exterminate (I guess) and I think Mobile Defense - I think that can be done in less than 5 minutes too. So you never play those other missions anymore. The counter argument here that I could still play any of the former endless missions is not really an argument - I can't recruit random people to join me in a survival game when you have the same type of fissure in a Capture mission, you just can't. 

You have a problem with the Void Tracers. It's just another thing that you need to farm. You say "don't farm it", well, people are looking for Radiant relic shares, not w.e. that regular state is called. Funny that it's also RNG based, so you have RNG for the Relic farming, RNG for the Tracer farming, RNG for the reactant drop and RNG for the rewards.

You have the problem that most say that there isn't any real challenge in the game, like, no endgame content. Some will say that the game doesn't have an endgame content in the first place, but the fact remains that you aren't facing anything above level 50. The problem with people here is that it's too easy and once you complete the mission there is no satisfaction in it - the feeling that you accomplished something it's just not there....

You have the problem where people are getting bored already from playing the same mission type. Yes, there are a lot of mission types in the game, but people will play only the ones that you can finish quicker. Again, you need to play with people to get the benefit of choosing your reward. 

Speaking of a reward, you get just 1 reward per mission. You say - well, it's the one you need the most, but you really, now you don't have enough prime parts to sell for ducats, you don't have enough forma to max your weapons/cats/frames/etc.

I could probably find more problems, but I'll finish with this last one: PEOPLE ONLY PLAY THE NEW RELICS. Farming anything other than the new stuff is really hard. You just can't find a group to play with... I have played this game for a while now and I have everything that was previously released - I think I just need the Vectis Receiver and some part of the Fragor Prime not sure which, but I'll get it in time, I'm not rushing. That's me tho. I mean, maybe you don't have that problem too, but how about the other people? They didn't have the problem with the old system... They have so much bs to farm. In the old Void you could say "H T3 Survival" for example, have some randoms that aren't good and that didn't have the key or something come with you and play with you. Or other way around, you could've played with someone that was really low MR but had the key and you didn't, and like help him complete the mission. 

These are just some of the problems here... As I've said, if you look at the forums or reddit, you'll find a lot of angry people. This means the system isn't good enough. There are cool features in it, but it's just not good enough. 

2 hours ago, -S-I-L-V-E-R- said:

@secret9005

@Doxorn

Yes, because if both of you are lucky with new system that pretty much means that it's better. Like, you weren't lucky before - so you were unhappy, and now you are... And you think that everyone that's pissed for not having this system work in their favor is obviously in the wrong. Well it's not that simple. 

Now, I'm fully aware that none of these comments will change anyones opinion - not yours or mine. But let me tell you something, you guys only base your arguments on a single thing - that you were lucky with the rewards this time. That's it. That's the reason you neglect all the bad things about this system. It's fine to have an opinion, but you're both biased. 

- I'm not gonna try and sum every problem out there as there are quite a lot. Just look at the 25 page Megathread or the countless of threads just like this one here. 

Again, if it was so freaking fantastic, you wouldn't have this hate. 

When I farmed Saryn prime chassis I had to run 13x 4 Radiant Relic run until I got it. She was introduced in the old system where I couldn't manage to get her.

Still would you consider me lucky when I had to run 13x Radiant relic with 4 people? I don't think I was lucky there, but still I could get it faster than in the old void key system.

Also! DE mentioned something that Void Traces will drop in the Void from Eximus enemies so if you will stay long in an endless mission more eximus will spawn thus more Void Traces you get. However it is yet to be implemented.