Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tenedranox

"The Guardian of the Forest" Full Oberon Rework Suggestion

Recommended Posts

ErYI05m.png

Foreword

Spoiler

Many people do love oberon, for me this wasnt understandable in the beginning, but after lending those people an ear and listening to them, i quite got their point. I still beleave that Broberon needs some tweaks, therefore i concentrated on keeping him just like he is, but tweaking some of his abilities and spiced them up, with the focus of staying together as a team. My goal was to create a rework idea which would keep the love of those how loved him and which would also get some more people into Broberon.

....ok thats sounds quite weird tho.....keep it, enjoy it if u can ^^

I really hope that i have accomplished this goal and that especially all those Broberon fans out there still would love him this way.

Leavy any feedback down below, i appreciate it! And also post some Broberon fashionframes if u want to ^^ Mine are in the pics (but pls put them into spoilers, for the sake of scrolling)

 

Passive: Beastmaster

Spoiler

Might not be the best passive of all, but also not the worst. Biggest problem are the enemies themself, because this passive is only effectiv against Grineer and in some tilesets.

  • Add more wildlife in general
  • Add an indicator to affected units, similiar to Nyx perhaps
  • Former enemy units run off and disappear after the duration, wildlife goes into a neutral state again and wont aggro players for a set duration

 

Possible Replacement:

Most people dont like his current passive, it isnt a issue for me but whatever, i try at least to have good ideas which would please all, so instead of the current passive:

  • X% reduced companion ability cooldowns (maybe even sharing with other teammates?)

 

 

Ability 1: Smite

Spoiler

Quite basic, but pretty good for a first ability. However it doesnt scale well, because the puncture proc doesnt scale with power strength. Also the targeting is quite random.

  • Replace the puncture proc with a damage debuff scaling with power strength, cant be less than 30%
  • Instead of creating homing missiles, X enemies nearest to the target get affected

 

Ability 2: Hallowed Ground

Spoiler

Warframe is about mobility, regarding this aspect of the game standing still is pretty dangerous. Like many others i would suggest making it a aura around him, but a bit more complex.

  • Durationbased, recastable, stackable five times, old stacks refresh upon recast

There was one guy who enjoyed the micromanagment when playing Oberon, using all his skills together and perfectly for the best result possible, that inspired me to another suggestion: Buff effects dont stack equally. Smth like 20/+16/+20/+24/+40%. The fifth stack would grant 40%, which would be a third of the max possible buff value, so sustaining at max stack would result into max efficiency. In addition to this, sustaining at max stacks would also grant 20% damage reflection, for all those who wonder and like to tell me " but damage reflection sucks", yes u are quite right atm, but i also have a suggestion how damage reflection should be changed to make it more reliable.

(Im thinking about adding a cooldown nearly as high as the the modified duration of the skill, for all those SirSpamALots, to prevent exploiting and fast stacking of the skill, feedback needed)

 

Ability 3: Renewal

Spoiler

Now to Renewal, by itself its a pretty great skill, u can heal quite good and over the whole map (which trinity cant anymore), but there could be some QoL changes done. The ability is a strange hybrid of durationbased and drain over time, with odd restrictions imo. So id like it to be a fully durationbased ability, granting its benefitial effect over the whole duration. An increase of energy costs would go with this change. However, id like to remove the status immunity buff, but keeping the status removal effect, because Hallowed Ground is already granting immunity. If an ally isnt near to oberon and needs his heal, but keeps putting himself into danger, the lack of status immunity should be an indirect sign by oberon to get the f** back to the team.

Spiced up version down below:

Spoiler

649wIjL.png

As u can see above i had the idea of creating a tree on cast. This idea is basically where those thoughts here have started.

So upon cast Oberon creates a tree of regeneration, this tree will develope roots towards allies. Upon reaching them sprouts will be created and they will be cleansed of status effects. While growing both the main tree and the sprouts will erupt a wave of regenerative energy, burst healing all allies nearby. For the rest of the duration the main tree and the sprouts will grant increased health regeneration to allies in a large area around them.

  • Base range of about 20m
  • Regeneration areas can overlap, stacking the regenerative effect
  • Healing effect decays based on distance to the source
  • The duration of the skill starts on cast, sprouts will disappear simultaneously with the main tree
  • If the duration runs out or if the ability gets recasted while still sprouts are "on the way", they wont disappear until they reached their targets and have burst healed them

 

Ability 4: Reckoning

Spoiler

KZ4dHXf.gif

So guess what u are seeing above. I might spiced it up with too much chillies tho...

I created this gif with the intention of giving Oberon more oomph. Its his ultimate ability and those should catch an eye.

Lets get into it, there are two things that bother me personally about this ability, most other people would say its awesome and great and so on, but there are some odd mechanics and unused potential in it, they might not see. Those are the blind effect and the health orb drop and yes Reckoning has a blind effect... (if u want, tell me if u have ever recognised the blind effect)

The blind effect is barely recognisable, for myself i have never seen it by knowledge while in a mission, only after reading the wiki entry and testing it in the simulacrum....

The health orb drop is pretty nice, but its nonsense for me that a ability that is mainly focused on cc-ing can create orbs after killing smth. If they are all dead u dont need them anymore, if they arent dead u need them desperately!

I would like it to be a multi stage ability, charging up by holding the ability button. Duration based Oberon keeps elevating the enemies, oversaturating them with holy energy. After a short amount of time hes pumping a new pulse of energy into them. Each pulse creates a flash, blinding nearby enemies.

  • Up to three pulses, one every two seconds, each draining a small amout of energy again
  • Base duration 7 seconds, forced slam when the ability runs out; while elevating duration is affected by power duration, frequency of pluses is not
  • Each pulse and upon being killed by or while in the ability has a 20% chance of creating a health orb
  • Multiple casts on the same enemy will not result into further chances
  • Each consecutive pulse will increase the blind radius as well as the damage and AoE of the slam
  • Blind duration is one second
  • Add to slam a small AoE for possible overlapping explosions, resulting into an greater damage potential in greater groups of enemies

Thinking about micromanagement, how about giving an even greater bonus to blind range etc. when the ability is released in the same moment like a flash, smth like 20/30/50% depending on the flash?

 

Synergies:

Spoiler

Smite + Hallowed Ground = Enemies affected by Smite (damage debuff or radiation proc) receive increased damage by Hallowed Ground and have a chance to get staggered breathly by the initial damage.

Hallowed Ground + Renewal = If enemies are in the range of Hallowed Ground, casting Renewal will consume one stack of HG and knocks down all enemies in range and nearby the HG area.

Renewal + Reckoning = Casting Reckoning while Renewal is active will cause the main tree and sprouts to also blink like enemies.

 

Thank you for your attention!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Richtor2415 said:

I like the change ideas, but wasn't he already changed/reworked when he got his deluxe skin? 

Nope, I think the only change recently was a new Augment (Phoenix Renewal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that's bugging me is that most of your ideas are based around the skin.

During Oberon's release, he was themed as paladin. Your spiced up abilities focus on him being a druid (thanks to the skin). You might need to make your abilities more paladin friendly (holy and light).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

One thing that's bugging me is that most of your ideas are based around the skin.

During Oberon's release, he was themed as paladin. Your spiced up abilities focus on him being a druid (thanks to the skin). You might need to make your abilities more paladin friendly (holy and light).

Yes hes a druid/paladin, smth in between

In my eyes all of his abilities can be interpreted in both ways (with the exception fo renewal), the radiation effect kinda represents holy damage.

I made renewal as druid-ish as possible i guess, but reckoning....well im even speaking of holy energy...

Regarding smite i havent changed much and hallowed ground just got tweaked mechanicaly and got added damage reflection. Imo the damage reflection is more paladin-ish in the aspect of a holy guardian/warrior than druid-ish.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Yes hes a druid/paladin, smth in between

In my eyes all of his abilities can be interpreted in both ways (with the exception fo renewal), the radiation effect kinda represents holy damage.

I made renewal as druid-ish as possible i guess, but reckoning....well im even speaking of holy energy...

Regarding smite i havent changed much and hallowed ground just got tweaked mechanicaly and got added damage reflection. Imo the damage reflection is more paladin-ish in the aspect of a holy guardian/warrior than druid-ish.

 

I guess your renewal tweak stood out more. Great ideas nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, secret9005 said:

I guess your renewal tweak stood out more. Great ideas nonetheless.

So turning it down to....uhm magical space ninja....plant powers....howering in an area...would help prevent this misconseption?

thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

So turning it down to....uhm magical space ninja....plant powers....howering in an area...would help prevent this misconseption?

thanks a lot

Yes. A beam of light would fit both IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Nope, I think the only change recently was a new Augment (Phoenix Renewal).

that and the addition of health orbs reviving companions.

 

22 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

One thing that's bugging me is that most of your ideas are based around the skin.

During Oberon's release, he was themed as paladin. Your spiced up abilities focus on him being a druid (thanks to the skin). You might need to make your abilities more paladin friendly (holy and light).

Yeah that's true. DE has stated numerous times that he's a hybrid though. I'd prefer to stay in the middle ground since the Druid thing can be represented by his faery like abilities (Orbs and stuff) as well as the passive. As for everything else is shared between paladin and druid. 

 

11 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Yes hes a druid/paladin, smth in between

In my eyes all of his abilities can be interpreted in both ways (with the exception fo renewal), the radiation effect kinda represents holy damage.

I made renewal as druid-ish as possible i guess, but reckoning....well im even speaking of holy energy...

Regarding smite i havent changed much and hallowed ground just got tweaked mechanicaly and got added damage reflection. Imo the damage reflection is more paladin-ish in the aspect of a holy guardian/warrior than druid-ish.

 

Renewal for me ties the Druid and Paladin thing together the most. Which is why I think it should remain ambiguous and not have a tree effect. The damage reflection would be better on renewal - that way using it with hallowed ground would have a benefit. Armor bonus + Reflection.

 

52 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Warframe is about mobility, regarding this aspect of the game standing still is pretty dangerous. Like many others i would suggest making it a aura around him, but a bit more complex.

  • Drationbased, recastable, stackable five times, old stacks refresh upon recast

There was one guy who enjoyed the micromanagment when playing Oberon, using all his skills together and perfectly for the best result possible, that inspired me to another suggestion: Buff effects dont stack equally. Smth like 20/+16/+20/+24/+40%. The fifth stack would grant 40%, which would be a third of the max possible buff value, so sustaining at max stack would result into max efficiency. In addition to this, sustaining at max stacks would also grant 20% damage reflection, for all those who wonder and like to tell me " but damage reflection sucks", yes u are quite right atm, but i also have a suggestion how damage reflection should be changed to make it more reliable.

(Im thinking about adding a cooldown nearly as high as the the modified duration of the skill, for all those SirSpamALots, to prevent exploiting and fast stacking of the skill, feedback needed)

Mobility, yeah. Stackable aura? not sure about that. Cool down? hell no. 

For me HG is a very interesting ability. The casting is great and can create a variety of shapes to cover a wider ground than a circle or aura would. The only limitation is you have to stack a lot to have meaningful damage/buff and FPS tends to drop if you have too many active. 

I'd prefer if HG could be chained together and than would stack the duration as well as the buff/damage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Renewal for me ties the Druid and Paladin thing together the most. Which is why I think it should remain ambiguous and not have a tree effect. The damage reflection would be better on renewal - that way using it with hallowed ground would have a benefit. Armor bonus + Reflection.

 

Mobility, yeah. Stackable aura? not sure about that. Cool down? hell no. 

For me HG is a very interesting ability. The casting is great and can create a variety of shapes to cover a wider ground than a circle or aura would. The only limitation is you have to stack a lot to have meaningful damage/buff and FPS tends to drop if you have too many active. 

I'd prefer if HG could be chained together and than would stack the duration as well as the buff/damage 

Im still repining about the visuals of renewal, but the look isnt that important tho

as for granting the reflection while renewal is active: id rather say no, because than u would have one of the (through my rework suggestion introduced) bread and butter combos in one ability. Step 1: take heavy damage, Step 2: reflect even heavier, Step 3: regen the damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, I like the ideas, but have a couple of comments. 

Beastmaster - I don't really know what to say about this one. As passives go, I guess it's alright, but it's really only useful against the Grineer and on Derelict tilesets where you'll find feral kavats. Adding more wildlife would help, but if it's only there to make Oberon's passive more viable, it doesn't really make sense. Maybe instead, Oberon provides a small heal over time effect for the group, like 1HP/s or something like that.

Smite - Really like the suggested tweaks, no changes to your suggestions.

Hallowed Ground - I'm really torn here, because I agree that mobility is really important, making the aura a great idea, however a ground cast can be great for area denial, especially at choke points. In the end, I think leaving it as a ground cast might be better, but I like the ability to stack it, similar to Frost's Snow Globe.

Renewal - This is the one that I would make an aura instead of a ground cast. As mentioned previously, mobility is important, but having the team stack for heals is a good idea too. Maybe have it duration based, but if you recast, it will send out healing orbs to teammates at a reduced amount. This encourages stacking for maximum healing, but allows for extended range, with a penalty.

Reckoning - I'm a little unclear about how this works, but I assume that the base blind radius is larger than the radius in which you'll grab enemies to elevate. Overall, I like this and think with some minor tweaking, it would work really well.

By the way, I see Oberon as more of a druid than the classic "knight paladin". His abilities feel more nature spirit based than holy power based, and even with his default skin, he looks more like a druid than a knight. I mean, he has antlers and hooves!

Great ideas here and I hope DE takes notice, well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Calvyr said:

Hallowed Ground - I'm really torn here, because I agree that mobility is really important, making the aura a great idea, however a ground cast can be great for area denial, especially at choke points. In the end, I think leaving it as a ground cast might be better, but I like the ability to stack it, similar to Frost's Snow Globe.

Hmm the only area denial in hallowed ground is the damage....which is neglectable, but adding a slow or smth would be a bit too much in just one ability imo. He can already do so much things...

7 minutes ago, Calvyr said:

Renewal - This is the one that I would make an aura instead of a ground cast. As mentioned previously, mobility is important, but having the team stack for heals is a good idea too. Maybe have it duration based, but if you recast, it will send out healing orbs to teammates at a reduced amount. This encourages stacking for maximum healing, but allows for extended range, with a penalty.

"ground cast" im thinking of smth like 15 meter base radius around those plants, maybe only 10 for the sprouts tho, so with relatively much power range this can cover a huge area.

Maybe i havent made my self clear/unstandable, but thats what i suggest it should do (with the exception of reducing the amount if it got recasted)

11 minutes ago, Calvyr said:

Reckoning - I'm a little unclear about how this works, but I assume that the base blind radius is larger than the radius in which you'll grab enemies to elevate. Overall, I like this and think with some minor tweaking, it would work really well.

I think i should add a disclaimer saying that everything what i have not mentioned wont get changed. Because as far as i know the blind is a area radial around each surviving enemy. So i guess this makes it clear?

Got some minor tweaks in mind? Or what are those points which bother u?

14 minutes ago, Calvyr said:

By the way, I see Oberon as more of a druid than the classic "knight paladin". His abilities feel more nature spirit based than holy power based, and even with his default skin, he looks more like a druid than a knight. I mean, he has antlers and hooves!

Great ideas here and I hope DE takes notice, well done.

I guess thats personal preference, but im with u ^^

Thanks a lot for ur feedback, especially thanks to such words XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I lile all the ideas but renewal. It needs to be a toggle, where hp regened is based on strength. 

could range affect that too? so the closer you are to Oberon then the more or faster you get healed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for not suggesting an Exalted weapon

Some of the suggestions given here aren't too shabby so I'll just give a few inputs here.

Beastmaster - This passive has got to go. On paper it might sound like it'll suit his theme, but in gameplay it really doesn't. Like if you attempt to go farm Kavat or Kubrow mods or the former's DNA with Oberon, you're forced to wait out for 20 seconds before being able to kill them. Rebecca's mention of a "Photosynthesis Rejuvenation" in the previous devstream sounds a lot more promising than his current passive. Able to regenerate health while in the light using mechanic similar to Eclipse's sounds a lot better.

Smite - Pretty great suggestion. The targeting ain't as random as it seems tho! It actually does seek out targets closest to the initial target and if there are more projectiles than enemies most if not all of the projectiles will converge on the next closest target so we could leave it at that. The debuff idea is nice, better than the fixed Weaken duration of 6 seconds, would make this ability scale nicely than it already is.

Hallowed Ground - Mixed feelings for this one. Considering a lot argues that this ability hinders mobility, perhaps this ability should be change to "Hallowed Armor" instead. Oberon will constantly emit holy flames from his body and enemy in nearby range will be damaged in a similar fashion to old World On Fire but on a smaller scale. Allies in range will be granted status immunity and flat armor buffs. Casting Renewal while HA is active will cause it to deactivate and instantly heal allies in range with a similar fashion to Blessing.

Renewal - Not really keen on changing how this work. Wouldn't your suggestion be something like turning the ability into a set range ability that might affect player movement since they have to stand near the tree? An alternative suggestion from me is to keep the ability the way it is but turn it into a full toggle ability. I've always wanted Renewal to cause enemies in range to stagger due to the way he "slams" his melee weapon onto the ground, this would help tremendously in given you some breathing room. Better yet, open them up to finishers while they are staggered!

Reckoning - Now this one is very promising. Not only that you kept it the way it is, but you added some additional CC that could allow a player to choose which function is better depending on the situation. Tap the ability to quickly slam dunk them or hold it to unleash its full power from how I see it. However hold function seems like it can potentially lockdown a whole mission easily with little effort. So here's a couple of suggestions:

- Tap function will remain as the current version of Reckoning

- Hold function will lift enemy up without slamming them down in a similar fashion to Bastille.

- Enemies lifted up will pulse Radiation damage with high chance to proc Confusion

- Killing enemies that are lifted up will have a 50% chance to drop health orbs

- Casting Smite on a lifted enemy will cost lesser energy while at the same time will cause to the enemy to emit a bright flash of light that blinds enemy in range for 8 seconds.

Honestly I feel like these suggestions just make him downright OP and a cheeseframe, but considering the state he's in and the hate he's getting, seems justified. Or maybe it's not OP and it just sounds so on paper but it might not be the case in actual gameplay.

Well, here's to Oberon getting the love that he deserves. *sips coffee*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Beastmaster - This passive has got to go. On paper it might sound like it'll suit his theme, but in gameplay it really doesn't. Like if you attempt to go farm Kavat or Kubrow mods or the former's DNA with Oberon, you're forced to wait out for 20 seconds before being able to kill them. Rebecca's mention of a "Photosynthesis Rejuvenation" in the previous devstream sounds a lot more promising than his current passive. Able to regenerate health while in the light using mechanic similar to Eclipse's sounds a lot better.

Considering i only wanted to spice things up, i havent thought about changing it, however i dont see the need to kill tho...

But anyway it seems like i dont have to given anymore input at this one because theyre aware of the prob 

11 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

 Smite - Pretty great suggestion. The targeting ain't as random as it seems tho! It actually does seek out targets closest to the initial target and if there are more projectiles than enemies most if not all of the projectiles will converge on the next closest target so we could leave it at that. The debuff idea is nice, better than the fixed Weaken duration of 6 seconds, would make this ability scale nicely than it already is.

Thx!

Have played him in the last couple days a lot and it does not feel reliable enough for me. Weird collision and targeting tho, mechanicaly interesting and also codingwise but ingame no thx.

11 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Hallowed Ground - Mixed feelings for this one. Considering a lot argues that this ability hinders mobility, perhaps this ability should be change to "Hallowed Armor" instead. Oberon will constantly emit holy flames from his body and enemy in nearby range will be damaged in a similar fashion to old World On Fire but on a smaller scale. Allies in range will be granted status immunity and flat armor buffs. Casting Renewal while HA is active will cause it to deactivate and instantly heal allies in range with a similar fashion to Blessing.

The great thing about HA is that it is stackable potentially givin tons of armor. So id like to keep it that way. 

Honestly i dont see the difference between ur suggestion and the base of mine...

I will go into the range down below more clearly, but how big should HA be to be effectively better via instant heal than fast projectiles? 

11 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Renewal - Not really keen on changing how this work. Wouldn't your suggestion be something like turning the ability into a set range ability that might affect player movement since they have to stand near the tree? An alternative suggestion from me is to keep the ability the way it is but turn it into a full toggle ability. I've always wanted Renewal to cause enemies in range to stagger due to the way he "slams" his melee weapon onto the ground, this would help tremendously in given you some breathing room. Better yet, open them up to finishers while they are staggered!

I thought about a Base radius of 20m, so this wont restrict player movement too hard.

Tbh i dont wanted to follow the Mainstream in this regard, i wanted to invent smth unique tho...also imo drains suck because siphon and so on do not apply. Also drains are total braindead mode, smth i dont want for oberon.

Thats a cool idea tho, but also opening them for finishers would be quite a lot, he can already do so many things.

11 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Reckoning - Now this one is very promising. Not only that you kept it the way it is, but you added some additional CC that could allow a player to choose which function is better depending on the situation. Tap the ability to quickly slam dunk them or hold it to unleash its full power from how I see it. However hold function seems like it can potentially lockdown a whole mission easily with little effort. So here's a couple of suggestions:

- Tap function will remain as the current version of Reckoning

- Hold function will lift enemy up without slamming them down in a similar fashion to Bastille.

- Enemies lifted up will pulse Radiation damage with high chance to proc Confusion

- Killing enemies that are lifted up will have a 50% chance to drop health orbs

- Casting Smite on a lifted enemy will cost lesser energy while at the same time will cause to the enemy to emit a bright flash of light that blinds enemy in range for 8 seconds.

I dont think it would lockdown missions more than the current version, instead of spamming it three times its in one ability use. Id like to balance the strength of the ability with time spent, instead of using it three times u are using it only one time, more effizient regarding damage and energy, but restricting ur movement by channeling and spending more time. Just lifting them and moving freely like u suggest sounds a bit too strong imo. Strong abilities need restrictions to compensate their strength, smth that might not be the case in warframe tho...

The idea that the ability can effect enemies who hasnt been effected upon cast is quite cool tho, but would also be very strong, lemme think about that one.

But moving on, like i stated before i dont like the fact that u have to kill the enemies to get the orbs...

imo the blind is more like a gimmick, I added it this way to protect on the one hand allies nearby Oberon and on the other himself while channeling. But ur right, smite should have some synergies.

11 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Honestly I feel like these suggestions just make him downright OP and a cheeseframe, but considering the state he's in and the hate he's getting, seems justified. Or maybe it's not OP and it just sounds so on paper but it might not be the case in actual gameplay.

Do u mean my suggestions or urs? Because ur suggestions regarding Reckoning sound OP Tbh ...

if u ment mine, Well they might be, I thought a lot about how to balance, maybe i failed, imo oberon in his current state also looks quite strong on paper, but yesterday i brought him into lvl 30-40 void and it wasnt funny...

I tried to avoid hard cheese, if u could point out those points more clearly i could take a second look  into it.

but never the less i really appreciate ur feedback even though it might sound like I didnt like it, I Do. Just havin my own head and so, u know? 

Hope to get to a state which pleases us both  (and almost everyone else)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Considering i only wanted to spice things up, i havent thought about changing it, however i dont see the need to kill tho...

Well if he's gonna be a beastmaster, wildlifes should stay on his until the mission ends at the same time any mods or items they're meant to drop on death will be given once controlled by Oberon.

Because if anything anything else, he's a beastamateur.

1 hour ago, Dragonblack175 said:

The great thing about HA is that it is stackable potentially givin tons of armor. So id like to keep it that way. 

Honestly i dont see the difference between ur suggestion and the base of mine...

My idea of HA is kinda leaning towards a Radation version of Ice Chroma Elemental Ward. It could go like this:

Oberon coats his armor with righteous fire, inflicting damage to enemies that's within the range of his aura. Oberon and allies gain status immunity and armor buffs.

- Gain additive armor buff of 200. Affected by Power Strength.

- Enemies in range that enters the range of his aura has a chance to be proc with Heat with Radiation damage that causes them to panic.

- Enemies in range (let's use 15m as a base) are dealt with Radiation damage per second for seconds

- Casting Renewal will instantly heal allies within Hallowed Armor's range. Hallowed Ground deactivates and the force of the melee slam causes a Blast proc to enemies in range, knocking them down.

1 hour ago, Dragonblack175 said:

I thought about a Base radius of 20m, so this wont restrict player movement too hard.

Tbh i dont wanted to follow the Mainstream in this regard, i wanted to invent smth unique tho...also imo drains suck because siphon and so on do not apply. Also drains are total braindead mode, smth i dont want for oberon.

Thats a cool idea tho, but also opening them for finishers would be quite a lot, he can already do so many things.

 

Turning Renewal into a full duration ability with lesser energy cost could work too, that way the whole regeneration period can last long.

1 hour ago, Dragonblack175 said:

 

I dont think it would lockdown missions more than the current version, instead of spamming it three times its in one ability use. Id like to balance the strength of the ability with time spent, instead of using it three times u are using it only one time, more effizient regarding damage and energy, but restricting ur movement by channeling and spending more time. Just lifting them and moving freely like u suggest sounds a bit too strong imo. Strong abilities need restrictions to compensate their strength, smth that might not be the case in warframe tho...

The idea that the ability can effect enemies who hasnt been effected upon cast is quite cool tho, but would also be very strong, lemme think about that one.

But moving on, like i stated before i dont like the fact that u have to kill the enemies to get the orbs...

imo the blind is more like a gimmick, I added it this way to protect on the one hand allies nearby Oberon and on the other himself while channeling. But ur right, smite should have some synergies.

Don't think there can be a "too strong" when there's Excalibur walking around with a glowing deathsword of light that can pulverize level 100 enemies with finishers via blinding.

I still very much would like Reckoning to stay as a nuke ability with CC potential that could/should require from the player's end, not just letting the ability play the game for them.

1 hour ago, Dragonblack175 said:

 

Do u mean my suggestions or urs? Because ur suggestions regarding Reckoning sound OP Tbh ...

if u ment mine, Well they might be, I thought a lot about how to balance, maybe i failed, imo oberon in his current state also looks quite strong on paper, but yesterday i brought him into lvl 30-40 void and it wasnt funny...

I tried to avoid hard cheese, if u could point out those points more clearly i could take a second look  into it.

but never the less i really appreciate ur feedback even though it might sound like I didnt like it, I Do. Just havin my own head and so, u know? 

Hope to get to a state which pleases us both  (and almost everyone else)

Our idea for Reckoning sounds kinda OP, mind especially. But it's only OP if players can manage his ability well.

None of your suggestion sounds that cheesy tbh. And it's all good, at least we both are trying to get Oberon to pull up his stockings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here was my take on him:

 

My problem with Oberon is that he has a set of powers that his stats don't support.  Here's what I feel should happen:

Druid vs paladin:. Oberon is like banshee in the fact that you have to stay mobile to stay alive, his powers make you want to stand still.  So we get this question. Is he a paladin or a druid?  He is kinda both and that being spread across two archetypes makes him hard to enhance in one area.  When I modded him to the best I could get him to play, it was the only way it would work, not for capacity, but mod slots.  He needs a rework to his powers that correct this.  

Passive: Honor: when Oberon stands still his armor increases by up to 300% (similar to the rate arching weapons recharge), moving causes this number to rapidly decrease (at the same rate).  This gives Oberon huge armor benefits when in his carpet standing still, defending allies.

Smite- change it from some goofy psychic power to a cone of light that causes the same effect and has a radial pulse of damage that spreads it's damage to each enemy within the pulse.  This will have a massive effect on enemies in clusters as they will damage each other by having the pulses multiplying the damage by the number of enemies.

Hallowed ground- all of the same effects, but the shape is dependent on position- if Oberon is standing on the ground, it works like it does now, stretching out in one direction, if cast in the air, he applies the effect as soon as he touches the ground in a  circle around his landing point.

Renewal- toggle, begins healing the entire team regardless of range, with the regeneration being faster the closer they are to Oberon.  Fully healed allies begin generating bonus armor up to +100% at the same rate.

Reckoning- get rid of the basketballs of doom.  The same effect, but light shines from above, like a ray of divine vengeance.

 

That's my two cents at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Well if he's gonna be a beastmaster, wildlifes should stay on his until the mission ends at the same time any mods or items they're meant to drop on death will be given once controlled by Oberon.

Because if anything anything else, he's a beastamateur.

That suggestion would be way to strong, also leaving nekros crying in a corner about such minions lol

but the other part of the idea is great, to let wildlifes drop their stuff upon being controlled, so no one would cry about wasted loot.

2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

My idea of HA is kinda leaning towards a Radation version of Ice Chroma Elemental Ward. It could go like this:

Oberon coats his armor with righteous fire, inflicting damage to enemies that's within the range of his aura. Oberon and allies gain status immunity and armor buffs.

- Gain additive armor buff of 200. Affected by Power Strength.

- Enemies in range that enters the range of his aura has a chance to be proc with Heat with Radiation damage that causes them to panic.

- Enemies in range (let's use 15m as a base) are dealt with Radiation damage per second for seconds

- Casting Renewal will instantly heal allies within Hallowed Armor's range. Hallowed Ground deactivates and the force of the melee slam causes a Blast proc to enemies in range, knocking them down.

Dont see the point of making it a burning armor tho....whatever those are just the visuals

I do like the addition of flat armor values tho, 200 might be a bit too much, considering most ppl would go for 155% power strength i think about smth around 120 or so instead. (which would be the same amount of percentages i suggest upon stacking....recognised this later on ^^) But this would result in a loss of synergie with other frames like valkyr, because percentages would result in higher armor values. So crazy as i am, i suggest having both effects on the ability, but only the one which grants the higher bonus would apply.

Regarding balancement its quite difficult to put also such cc into a damaging ability, im especially thinking of euqinox' ult in comparison...so either the damage have to be lowered or the percentage would be quite low, but both would be too crazy imo.

So u suggest that the damage will linger on enemies who just left the area? Cool

I think i havent made me self clearly enough regarding this ability, so...upon casting oberon creates a tree, which will directly emit a burst heal upon creation. The area of this tree (and also the sprouts) should be equal or even higher than HA range. So basically my suggestion is already suggesting what u are suggesting....im funny i guess? However, i put ur synergie suggestion on my list of possible synergies, i really do like the idea, but i think it would only be one stack which would be consumed.

2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Turning Renewal into a full duration ability with lesser energy cost could work too, that way the whole regeneration period can last long.

So atm renewal is regenerating 125 instant plus 40/sec over 1 sec, so in total 525 heal and a cost of 25 base + 5/sec, resulting in 75 energy. Imo 10 seconds are a bit low for a (huge) stationary ability, so id like to buff it up to 20, but with the same regen of 40/sec? im not sure about that one, however 75 energy activation cost sound reasonable tho

 

2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Don't think there can be a "too strong" when there's Excalibur walking around with a glowing deathsword of light that can pulverize level 100 enemies with finishers via blinding.

I still very much would like Reckoning to stay as a nuke ability with CC potential that could/should require from the player's end, not just letting the ability play the game for them.

I do think there can be a "too strong", also DE is nerfing is this regard, u dont want oberon to be the new meta cause he would kill everything arent ya?

It is a nuke, like i suggesting it. I dont want to offend u, but i seems u got me wrong in this point. So basically the ability stays like it is atm (forget about the health orbs and the blind for now), i dont want to have two different ability activation possibilities, like ivara tap and hold, no instead i like to have only hold and upon releasing the button the slam occurs. So charge up by holding the key and if u charged enough u release the button, i got inspired by monster hunter greatswords if u would like to have a more imaginable description via video. So u activly deciding when to activate, so i wouldnt say the ability plays the game for u, especially considering the timing factor i put in (last line of the description)

2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Our idea for Reckoning sounds kinda OP, mind especially. But it's only OP if players can manage his ability well.

None of your suggestion sounds that cheesy tbh. And it's all good, at least we both are trying to get Oberon to pull up his stockings.

"Our"? have i missed a ghost writer? ^^ oh they will be able to...

thx a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

Here was my take on him:

 

My problem with Oberon is that he has a set of powers that his stats don't support.  Here's what I feel should happen:

Druid vs paladin:. Oberon is like banshee in the fact that you have to stay mobile to stay alive, his powers make you want to stand still.  So we get this question. Is he a paladin or a druid?  He is kinda both and that being spread across two archetypes makes him hard to enhance in one area.  When I modded him to the best I could get him to play, it was the only way it would work, not for capacity, but mod slots.  He needs a rework to his powers that correct this.  

Passive: Honor: when Oberon stands still his armor increases by up to 300% (similar to the rate arching weapons recharge), moving causes this number to rapidly decrease (at the same rate).  This gives Oberon huge armor benefits when in his carpet standing still, defending allies.

Smite- change it from some goofy psychic power to a cone of light that causes the same effect and has a radial pulse of damage that spreads it's damage to each enemy within the pulse.  This will have a massive effect on enemies in clusters as they will damage each other by having the pulses multiplying the damage by the number of enemies.

Hallowed ground- all of the same effects, but the shape is dependent on position- if Oberon is standing on the ground, it works like it does now, stretching out in one direction, if cast in the air, he applies the effect as soon as he touches the ground in a  circle around his landing point.

Renewal- toggle, begins healing the entire team regardless of range, with the regeneration being faster the closer they are to Oberon.  Fully healed allies begin generating bonus armor up to +100% at the same rate.

Reckoning- get rid of the basketballs of doom.  The same effect, but light shines from above, like a ray of divine vengeance.

 

That's my two cents at least.

I really like ur attempt to solve the issue, u are going the complete opposite way, but the ideas by themself.....

to make it short 

passive: sry just no, doesn't fit warframe at all.

smite: visuals arent that important to fix oberon, the idea is cool but op  for a first.

HA: imo only changing the possible shapes doesn't solve the prob, however the idea is interesting!

Renewal: Thats....cool, if u dont mind i will adept this range component, additional armor on top of HA might be too mich tho.

Reckoning: just why? slamming is the cool Part of the ability! My other arguments against leaving it like it is, can be read in the Main post

thx for sharing ur thoughts anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dragonblack175 said:

I really like ur attempt to solve the issue, u are going the complete opposite way, but the ideas by themself.....

to make it short 

passive: sry just no, doesn't fit warframe at all.

smite: visuals arent that important to fix oberon, the idea is cool but op  for a first.

HA: imo only changing the possible shapes doesn't solve the prob, however the idea is interesting!

Renewal: Thats....cool, if u dont mind i will adept this range component, additional armor on top of HA might be too mich tho.

Reckoning: just why? slamming is the cool Part of the ability! My other arguments against leaving it like it is, can be read in the Main post

thx for sharing ur thoughts anyway

Sure, take what you want!

The thing I was going for is closer to the paladin side of things, i feel that when Oberon was made 150 armor was a lot.  That was back when lvl 30 enemies were about as high as people encountered.  So I was focusing on his ability to stay alive long enough to get anything accomplished.  As far as reckoning, everything stats the same except for the basketballs.  So the light shines down, they are lifted into the air, the light brightens and slams them into the ground.  The way it looks now, I think we both agree should probably change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Sure, take what you want!

The thing I was going for is closer to the paladin side of things, i feel that when Oberon was made 150 armor was a lot.  That was back when lvl 30 enemies were about as high as people encountered.  So I was focusing on his ability to stay alive long enough to get anything accomplished.  As far as reckoning, everything stats the same except for the basketballs.  So the light shines down, they are lifted into the air, the light brightens and slams them into the ground.  The way it looks now, I think we both agree should probably change.

Well for me hes both.

I had a disccusion about Ha with the one above and it resulted in the idea of granting flat armor by HA. Hes is health and armor wise above average and can even heal himself, so surviving isnt that big of an issue imo, the problem is more how u have to play him to stay alive, aka as moving, which his kit doesnt support that well with HA.

The animation might be quite old compared to other ones, but the visual idea in general is nothing i dislike. So i dont really mind if that got changed....however orbs of energy around the targets might be better to visualise my suggestion tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renewal is, right now, broke af and broberon aint gonna put up with it i like it how it is visually, but mechanically its trash for utility purposes such as but not limited to: revive timer buffs, feign death PR, and soloberon within a team

What we learned from this ability

Duration is good, but its also bad

Channeled heals suck

And oberon is THE goatlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so problems we know about, are his

  • cast speed - too long
  • damage fall off
  • heal stopping when full health
  • not enough armor to stand still
  • passive is just bad
  • HG isn't worth standing still

am I missing anything?

but in my opinion a Jack of All class won't ever be able to work if Oberon stays the same because a Jack of All class focuses on quantity over quality. you can't make an him effective with only 4 abilities from different specializations (damage, CC, support, etc.) that aren't really good on their own (other than his 1, good job DE).

I think a Jack of All class would have to be more creative with it's power use to compete with specializations, I'm gonna compare Oberon to the Engi from Guild Wars 2 because I've sunk about the same amount of time into both and they are pretty similar.

Engis weren't needed for the gamemode I was playing in GW2 because other classes could do what they did but better. Engi players had to get creative with their skills for situations if we ever wanted to be really useful, I remember one combo I found which involved a oil slick and rocket boots which let me greatly increase the size of my oil slick (helps to catch all those slipperly mages and thieves).

Oberon should be allowed to combo abilities if he can't focus on one type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...