The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have you played Saryn recently?

mrbeefy15

13 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

But, Saryn has a kit based around close combat, and as I told you Saryn has the potential of excalibur in melee combat. The difference is that Excal Takes single targets faster than Saryn, but Saryn takes down multiple targets faster than excal. 
It is a good idea to play Saryn with melee because:
-Her DPS is one of the biggest in the game if played this way. 
-He has enough sustain to constantly fight enemies over level 120 for long periods of time and save herself from situations that most of warframes wouldn't in melee combat.
-Playing her that way will not only kill rooms of enemy, but also debuff them so allies can also kill them easily. 
-Her stats are good for melee combat. (she is a bit slow though). 

So she is obviously made for melee combat. If you haven't seen Saryn players do well with her doesn't means that she is bad at doing so, her skill ceilling is way higher than 90% of frames (especially if soloing). But, she is actually one of the best melee characters in the game in capable hands.

Saying that Saryn shouldn't be used as a Melee character is like saying that Trinity should be user as a stealth frame instead of a support lol. Her kit was designed for that, and pretty well done if used correctly.

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Some people refuse to pull their fingers out of their ears and stop saying "Your wrong!"  because they want things the way they were, even if the reworked Saryn is a hell of a lot better.

I don't think there has been a rework yet that people cry they broke the frame and it's useless now.... Except maybe Excal..he was broken good for a while there.

1 minute ago, mrbeefy15 said:

With all that being said, I don't think I have a good loadout for Saryn. What do you suggest I run if I want to do some endless survival or defense or excavation?

My build, or something similar ( I don't have my PS4 here to check it out) is:

-AURA: Corrosive Projection (if you fight amrored units) / Energy Siphon (if you don't)
-Exilus: Power Drift.
*Mods*
-Blind Rage.
-Rage.
-Regenerative Molt.
-Transient Fortitude.
-Vitality.
-Primed Continuity.
-Overextended.
.Stramline.

*Focus Tree: Zenurik taking advantage of the passive. You could also get Naramon for Shadow Step.

*Recomended arcanes:
-Grace.
-Guardian.
-Energize.

*Recomended weapons: 
-twin bazolk.
-Dual Ichor.
-Fragor Prime.
-Galatine Prime.
-Sibear.
-Scindo Prime.
-Ninkondi.
-Lasera.
-Mios.
-Lesion.

Or any weapon with high status chance + high base damage to increase the poison stacking.

The gameplay mostly relies around casting spores, but not before poisoning as most enemies as you can,so they the spores spread the poison as they pop up. Always keep Toxic Lash up and ALWAYS block, move around enemies with intelligence so they can't shoot you where you can't block, otherwise, you'll die fast. by blocking you'll take advantage of Toxic lash damage reduction and fill your energy bar with rage. So, you'll always have energy to spend. Use miasma in the next scenarios:
a) to briefly stun enemies to create better oportunities to perform combos and stack poison across enemies.
b) if you have debuffed or damaged enemies a lot, cast miasma to create more powerful damage ticks.
c) If you are about to die, cast it and right after cast molt to regenerate HP. Right after try refreshing your Toxic Lash. 
If you can cast miasma  while your molt is still alive, you'll be able to deal tons of damage.

In terms of modding, against infested and corpus go with Poison, and against armored enemies go with corrosive. (in the latest case, don't worry, since Toxic Lash will give you the poison you need to work with your spores). 

I've been melting enemies of level 120+ with easy this way, and even if it's hard, it is really rewarding to play this way. 
enjoy Saryn mate!

3 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Some people refuse to pull their fingers out of their ears and stop saying "Your wrong!"  because they want things the way they were, even if the reworked Saryn is a hell of a lot better.

I don't think there has been a rework yet that people cry they broke the frame and it's useless now.... Except maybe Excal..he was broken good for a while there.

I totally agree with you. 

Same happened with Mag, and I'm not anticipating anything, but even if Limbo and Chroma reworks end up being perfect, I already see people crying that they were nerfed. 

I would really like stop trying reworked frames with old builds that they know that won't work, just to say that the warframe don't work anymore. Some of the latest changes don't only make us to change our builds, but also to change our playstyle, and I really like that :D

21 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I can do that with Nova too, but to each their own.

You can easily keep killing high level enemies with warframes such as:
-Nova,
-Excalibur.
-Saryn.
-Banshee.
-Mag.
-Equinox.
-Mesa.
-Titania.
-Ivara.
-Mirage.
-Limbo.
-Ash.
-Chroma.
-Valkyr.

Because all of them have DPS or Debuff abilities that let them do so, but that doesn't mean that Nova or Saryn are bad because there are other options.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

You can easily keep killing high level enemies with warframes such as:
-Nova,
-Excalibur.
-Saryn.
-Banshee.
-Mag.
-Equinox.
-Mesa.
-Titania.
-Ivara.
-Mirage.
-Limbo.
-Ash.
-Chroma.
-Valkyr.

Because all of them have DPS or Debuff abilities that let them do so, but that doesn't mean that Nova or Saryn are bad because there are other options.

Like I said, the only frames I touch anymore are Nova, Loki, and Frost. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Like I said, the only frames I touch anymore are Nova, Loki, and Frost. 

And that's ok. 
As long as you don't try to make Saryn look bad for her rework, I won't try to correct you.

Remember that I quoted you because you literally said that she now needs to use 3 abilities to do what she used to with a single button press. Which is completely wrong. 
So, as long as you don't try to lie like that again, I won't judge you.

As an actual Saryn player, I feel obligated to inform the actual capabilities of the warframe to the OP (who is trying to get veridic information about Saryn)

29 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

And that's ok. 
As long as you don't try to make Saryn look bad for her rework, I won't try to correct you.

Remember that I quoted you because you literally said that she now needs to use 3 abilities to do what she used to with a single button press. Which is completely wrong. 
So, as long as you don't try to lie like that again, I won't judge you.

As an actual Saryn player, I feel obligated to inform the actual capabilities of the warframe to the OP (who is trying to get veridic information about Saryn)

She does need all those abilities to do what she use to do. You even admitted as much, going on to talk about how you have to chain her abilities together for her to be useful and claiming she has a high skill ceiling now. 

And to be clear, what she used to be good for is nuking low level mobs to make clearing alerts or key farming faster. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

She does need all those abilities to do what she use to do. You even admitted as much, going on to talk about how you have to chain her abilities together for her to be useful and claiming she has a high skill ceiling now. 

And to be clear, what she used to be good for is nuking low level mobs to make clearing alerts or key farming faster. 

And she indeed has high skill ceilling now, because she has no perma-stun CC abilities, invisibility or invul as other warframes do. She can die pretty quick if you make a mistake, but she is capable of a lot of things if you play smart. 
The ability chain is not to only deal damage, but to survive, debuff, heal and buff yourself, so nope, I didn't admit she needs to use ability combos to do as much as before. Read my comments correctly. Saryn does WAY MORE than before with all her abilities than before. That is TOTALLY different than doing the SAME.

The old miasma spam was just to nuke trash mobs and lock them in place while doing so. The current ability combo debuffs all enemies by cutting their HP in half, damages them with poison damage, stun them briefly, heals Saryn, aggro fire away from saryn and her team-mates and buff Saryn melee attacks. Could you tell me how does the new ability combo does the same than the previous one? I'm unable to understand your point.

Also, she still can clear low level mobs right now, it just starts slower, but then it kills them with a single tick, because Spores keep spreading all over the room stacking poison procks. Sometimes you won't even notice when you are accidentally killing low level enemies as you do other things.

But again. Saryn is better now than before. WAY BETTER. 
If we can agree on that, then we can end this conversation.

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

I didn't admit she needs to use ability combos to do as much as before.

I could not care less if she does "more." I want her to so one thing, and that now requires 3 skills to do what she could do with one before. 

Literally, the only thing I want her to do is nuke trash mobs, period. 

Nope. She no longer fills a role not better filled by a different frame. That means she is not good as far as I am concerned. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Literally, the only thing I want her to do is nuke trash mobs, period. 

You don't need a warframe for that, a random weapon un-forma'd without catalyst can do this job... And if you consider the automatic Viral Status sucks against 2 billion HP enemies, it's your own view, but I'm not sure that's 100% correct.

Thanks for all the informations BrutalReaper, I enjoy a lot playing Saryn but I'm not really used to Melee with her (I always feel like i'm gonna die in 2seconds if I get too close to some enemies) so I keep burning the complete room with Ignis, but I guess i'll give it a try. :)

Edited by Chewarette

4 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

She's actually way, way better for that now. Cast spore, pop it, watch as mobs die for miles around, and continue to die for miles around as you stroll through the level. On missions with high enough enemy density, I can get away with casting spore only two or three times for the entire mission, and never cast anything else.

And unlike old Saryn, nuking low-level maps is no longer the only thing she's good at.

Edited by motorfirebox

8 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

She's actually way, way better for that now. Cast spore, pop it, watch as mobs die for miles around, and continue to die for miles around as you stroll through the level. On missions with high enough enemy density, I can get away with casting spore only two or three times for the entire mission, and never cast anything else.

And unlike old Saryn, nuking low-level maps is no longer the only thing she's good at.

Like I said, she is worse at that one thing, but that one thing is the only thing I wanted her for.

The way I assign value to a frame is by asking, "what role do they fill, and does something else do it better?"

For example:

• Loki: best stealth frame
  • Nova: best debuffer
  • Frost: best defensive frame (not to be confused with tank)

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Like I said, she is worse at that one thing, but that one thing is the only thing I wanted her for.

The way I assign value to a frame is by asking, "what role do they fill, and does something else do it better?"

For example:

• Loki: best stealth frame
  • Nova: best debuffer
  • Frost: best defensive frame (not to be confused with tank)

But she's not worse at that one thing. Again, she is far, far better at clearing low-level maps now than she was back when she was P4TW. Spore continues recasting itself as enemies die in range of other enemies.

2 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

But she's not worse at that one thing. Again, she is far, far better at clearing low-level maps now than she was back when she was P4TW. Spore continues recasting itself as enemies die in range of other enemies.

She's not. 

You would have Frost cast a bubble, Speed Nova cause everything to sprint to the pod at max speed, then have her instantly nuke them all. spore takes time. Miasma was instant. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

She's not. 

You would have Frost cast a bubble, Speed Nova cause everything to sprint to the pod at max speed, then have her instantly nuke them all. spore takes time. Miasma was instant. 

Who cares about low level stuff, I have an Orthos that can mop up hordes of sub 30 stuff with a single swipe or spin.

The new Saryn will maul hordes of lvl 100+ mobs

With the release of Pox Saryn became even more fun. Finally something to switch the Torid to as I hate that weapon but it's just so damn good for Saryn.

Going melee as Saryn is also fun, but you really notice how clunky the melee system in this game is when you have to get up close and personal with such a squishy frame. Seeing a bombard missile coming at you while you are locked in a combo animation really puts you off from melee in higher levels as the 225 armor isn't helping much.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

She's not. 

So basically you're saying Saryn sucks because she needs 1 second instead of an instant cast to clear any map on Earth ? Are you really the kind of guy requiring optimized team with 5 forma on each warframe/weapon for a lvl 10 extermination ?

I don't even see the point of you coming on this kind of topic then

The fact you're limiting Warframes to one job and only one job shows you're not the kind of guy looking deep into things... Just jumping on hype trains and following the trends. You'll be the first to S#&$ on your godlike Nova when someone will say she sucks, because hey, someone said it in a trending topic !

Edited by Chewarette

Anyone got a good "balanced" build for Saryn with regen Molt? Right now I have a build that I use that is stat balanced that I like, but I'm afraid that once I get the molt augment I am not sure which stat to lower. I like efficiency because spamming 1 is fun, but I think this is the stat to go. Range is really useful, duration is useful because of her Molt and status effect. Strength is also important.