Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Card Master

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi. guys! I'm back with another Warframe concept. This time I will delve into the theme of poker and playing cards. All of his abilities will be affected by your choice of cards found in his first ability. Kinda like “shifting your deck”. Anyways, let’s dive in.

Name: Maverick 

Stats:

Health 100

Shields: 100

Armor: 100

Power: 150

Speed: 1.20

Passives: I have two possible choices

Deft Hands: Being quick with his hands and nimble with his fingers, Maverik has a faster holster speed and gains bonus fire rate with thrown secondary weapons

Gambler’s Greed: Enemies killed by Maverik drop additional Credits. Affects only enemies killed by Maverik and does not affect the end of mission Credit reward.

Abilities:

For easier reference, Hearts will revolve around health, Diamonds will revolve around armor, Spade will revolve around damage and Club will revolve around shielding

1.       Deck: Maverik shifts through his deck of cards (cycles through). Depending on the card that you decide to summon will be the effect it will have on you and your other abilities. The bonuses last for fifteen seconds

-          Hearts: Killing enemies spawns health orbs.

-          Spade: Adds 100% damage to all of his attacks. If five seconds pass without socring a kill, the bonus is cancelled

-          Club: Converts damage dealt into shields/overshields. Taking damage disables this bonus for three seconds

-          Diamond: Each enemy kill increases total armor by 25%. Taking five instances of health damage will remove the bonus

2. Foul Hand: Maverik utilizes one of his cards to empower his dexterity and gains increased maneuver and reload speed for fifteen seconds plus the effect of the chosen card.

-          Heart: Maverik gains five health per second and twenty points for every reload.

-          Spade: Contact with Maverik while he is moving (maneuvering) will inflict 500 Slash damage + proc. Reloading creates a five meter Slash burst.

-          Club: Movement generates overshields. Reloading instantly replenishes shields.

-          Diamond: Gives knockdown and stagger immunity. Reloading creates a five meter Blast proc that knocks down enemies in range.

3. High Cards: Maverik summons five cards that orbit him each card granting him a bonus effect that will be determined by the card chosen from Deck. Casting the ability again will cause Maverik to launch one of his cards (losing part of the bonus as a result) at an enemy causing damage along with a secondary effect. Both instances will be determined by the chosen Deck card, while holding the ability will cause him to resummon any lost High Cards.

-Hearts: Will grant 20 additional points of base health per card (providing Maverik with 200 base health should all five cards remain). Launching a Heart High Card at an enemy will deal 500 Slash damage along with a proc. Both instances of damage (proc and initial hit) will transfer 40 health points back at Maverik (initial hit plus the seven ticks of damage will grant Maverik a 320 heal). Casting on allies will consume a High Card and heal them by the same amount instead (320)

-Spades: Grants Maverick a 10% bonus damage per High Card that extends to allies within 25 meters from him (effectively granting them 50% extra damage to all attacks as long as they stay within the 25 meter range). Launching a Spade High Card at an enemy will cause it to stick to the enemy. Killing an enemy under the effects of the Spades will cause it to explode. Dealing 60% of its health in an AOE. The damage of the explosion is 50% Blast + knockdown and 50% Slash.

- Club: Will grant bonus 20 points of base shields (the same with Hearts). Launching a Club High Card at an enemy will deal 500 Radiation damage. The card embeds into the enemy and creates an energy obstacle from that enemy. The shield is roughly the same size as a Bulwark and serves as an obstacle. Shots can’t be fired through (friend or foe), nor can entities pass through it. The only way to disable the shield is to either kill the enemy or shoot the Club High Card. Whichever the outcome, the shield will release a disrupting ten meter wave of energy that stuns enemies allowing for Finishers. Casting on allies will grant them 20 base shields.

-Diamonds: Same rule as Hearts and Club, adds 20 points of base armor per High Card orbiting Gambit. Launching Diamond High Cards at an enemy will generate a ten meter energy aura around the enemy that will degrade the armor of every enemy in range at a rate of 25% of its current value per second. Duration affects how quickly it is degraded. Casting on allies will remove status effects and grant them 20 points of base armor

4. Final Draw: Using all of his strength to draw out the true power of his cards, Maverik materializes a weapon from the chosen Deck card. For balancing purposes, the weapons punish Maverik in some way or the other (to avoid always using and spamming this ability).

-Hearts: Maverik summons the Khama. A deadly revolver with 300 base damage, 15% crit chance, 2x crit damage, 35% status chance and a massive kick. Kills obtained with Khama will restore twenty-five health to Maverick and allies within fifteen meters of him. Khama drains 20 health per shot. Since kills with Khama heal, it should’t really be an issue. However, Khama will cancel if you don’t have enough health for a shot.

-Spades: Maverick summons the Moksha. A large, heavy,  powerful shotgun. Moksha fires a single, powerful slug round. The shot deals 500 damage with a 30% crit chance and a 3x crit multiplier and penetrates multiple enemies. However, Moksha suffers from a slow fire-rate and a small 5% status chance. Moksha is affected by shotgun and rifle mods (to avoid tying Maverick down to a single weapon). Due to Moksha’s weight and power, Maverick’s acrobatic maneuvers are disabled and he will not be able to sprint.

-Clubs: Maverick summons the Dharma, a fast firing automatic rifle whose Void-energy powered rounds deal 150 Radiation damage with a 15% crit chance, 15% status chance and a fire rate of 12.0. Kills obtained with Dharma emit a fifteen meter range energy pulse that grants 150 overshields to Gambit and his allies. There is a slight cooldown of three seconds between enemies emitting energy pulses. If five seconds pass and Dharma hasn’t killed a target, it will begin to siphon Maverick’s shields at an alarming rate. If shields are depleted by Dharma, the ability will be cancelled. Killing enemies will, however, stop the shield drain.

-Diamonds: Maverick summons the Artha, throwable explosive weapons that deal 250 base Blast damage and have a 25% crit chance 2x crit damage and a 10% status chance in a four meter AOE. Kills obtained with the Artha will cause Maverick’s base armor to increase by twenty-five (stacking up to five times). But be careful, as the Artha can cause self-damage and in doing so, will remove your armor stacks.

I spent hours working on this concept and I am overall satisfied with the results. Of course I ruled out stuff like Power Strength, Duration and Range from his skills so I could focus on developing his abilities first. He is meant to be the Jack of all Trades. A versatile Warframe that can fit almost any role. If you took time to read all of this I want to thank you for reading my concept. Please I highly encourage feedback from the community, please be constructive and respectful. Thank you :D

My previous concepts: 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Lady luck is smiling.

Comments time!

Whoa boy, this frame is going to take some balancing. Right now, you have DPS out the wazoo and near infinite sustain/survivability (pick a fast reloading gun and you never die with hearts active). The only thing that's missing is hard CC, which is the only hint of balance to the whole thing. That, and the lack of energy regeneration abilities. I'm glad though -- It is far better to start stupidly strong than weak, useless, uninspiring and unoriginal.

Spades seems really really really powerful. Like, "why would I ever switch to something else except to heal" powerful. I honestly feel like the Deck is almost strong enough to count as all four abilities. Except that there are so many possibilities for this frame I'd say, "give each suit an ability key and go from there." I think that the sheer number of permutations a hand of cards can have is perfectly expressed here and that's why it works.

P.S. Don't forget to link it to the new ideas index. (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/663689-new-fan-concept-index/)

P.P.S. I've bee brainstorming ideas for a gambling/cheating frame (Swindle/Shylock) for a while now, and I'd love to bounce some ideas off of you. PM me sometime.

11 minutes ago, Karav said:

Lady luck is smiling.

Comments time!

Whoa boy, this frame is going to take some balancing. Right now, you have DPS out the wazoo and near infinite sustain/survivability (pick a fast reloading gun and you never die with hearts active). The only thing that's missing is hard CC, which is the only hint of balance to the whole thing. That, and the lack of energy regeneration abilities. I'm glad though -- It is far better to start stupidly strong than weak, useless, uninspiring and unoriginal.

Spades seems really really really powerful. Like, "why would I ever switch to something else except to heal" powerful. I honestly feel like the Deck is almost strong enough to count as all four abilities. Except that there are so many possibilities for this frame I'd say, "give each suit an ability key and go from there." I think that the sheer number of permutations a hand of cards can have is perfectly expressed here and that's why it works.

P.S. Don't forget to link it to the new ideas index. (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/663689-new-fan-concept-index/)

P.P.S. I've bee brainstorming ideas for a gambling/cheating frame (Swindle/Shylock) for a while now, and I'd love to bounce some ideas off of you. PM me sometime.

I completely agree with you. Looking at his skills he lacks CC, but makes up for it damage and survivability. Spades is powerful, yes, but sticking to only Spades will affect every skill you have. And since you only use Spades, you will be stuck with the Moksha shotgun.  Also, Warfeames like Mirage and Vex Armor Chroma overshadow Spades :3

I tried to make some balance by making the weapons punish Gambit, however, I agree that he still needs some rebalancing. Heart skills focus on healing and Khama drains health plus energy. Club focuses on shielding. Allowing for overshields and the ability to create choke points by utilizing Club High Cards, also grants access to the Dharma energy rifle. Spades is focused on sheer offensive capabilities, sacrificing defenses as well and giving you the strongest Card Manifestation, but also crippling your movement (something vital in a game as fast as Warframe). While Diamonds focuses on defensive countermeasures. Resisting knockdowns, degrading enemy armor, buffing your allies' armor and  giving you the explosive, AOE Artha throwing bombs.

And yess! I would love to share ideas with another Tenno. I try to make synergy present in all of my Warframe concepts (Check Ivory and Lancer out). I go in full detail. I don't really like Warframes that are press this and kill with no interaction between skills whatsoever :/

5 minutes ago, Karav said:

Sorry, I must have missed the health drain bit in the wall of text. I'm not a huge fan of having my weapons changed on me either, but I'll wait to see what others think before adding much more.

Yes, Khama drains 20 health per shot. Killing an enemy heals you by 25. However, missing shots and failing to kill a bulky enemy can prove detrimental. The idea behind Gambit is to make him highly adaptable and extremely versatile. Do you want healing? Go with Hearts. Want insane damage? Go Spades. Things like that. I would like to see some of your concepts if that's okay with you :3