Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed mods in endless void missions.

LunarEdge7

This is just an idea I had while conversing with some other commenters on YouTube, then thinking about it in the restroom.

Making random primed mods have a chance to drop in void endless missions, a low drop chance of course. They are PRIMED, anyways. After a certain amount of Rotation C's have passed, Primed mods will have a small drop chance at first (probably 2.5%) to reward the players for staying that long.

The drop chance for them then increase from there by 1-2% per every other Rotation C to further encourage staying longer in that endless mission.Now I know there are people who can go well over 4 hours or so and that'll mean them getting tons of primed mods with that idea, so maybe the drop chance boost per Rot. C should be capped to about +20% chance?

And let the primed mods appearing be based on tiers (level of enemies from base i.e lvl 40-45), from the less-popular mods to the more-popularly-used ones.

Tier 1 examples : Primed Ammo Drum, Primed Master Thief etc.

Tier 4 examples : Primed Ammo Drum, Primed Master Thief, Primed Heated Charge, Primed Heavy Trauma etc.

Yes, the higher tiers include the lower-tier dropped primed mods. Giving you that "Ugh RNG y u do dis" familiar feeling to it. 

Remember, these are just suggestions I have for the Void endless missions. The non-endless ones, I'm not sure on what to do with them, though Void Sabotage could have a small chance for one of these primed mods to pop up..?

And that all of this brainstorming I did, I did it while inside the restroom focusing all my ki energy into my anus.

Too silly? "Will ruin the plat economy"? Leave your feedback to me and please make sense.

(Move this to the right section if needed, tyvm)

Edited by LunarEdge7

Part of Baro's appeal is that he is an effective prime item sink. Things use to be mad cheep before Baro. Baro no longer offering these items would be the problem, unless you suggest that Baro still have them in his store?

In which case, primed modes should have a fixed rate of 1% or something ridiculously small. If players have a fixed drop rate for legendary cores (.017%) in sortie, I shouldn't be able to obtain primed mods with a higher drop chance by playing ona lower difficulty.

Other than that. I would gladly throw cash at my screen for drop chance boosters if this was a thing. 

Just now, TrinityPrime said:

Nerf Ivara first, since she can do void interception infinitely, solo, with minimal effort. Or I guess exclude void intercept.

How so with Ivara? Also, your username. I'm so jelly. And yes, Interception is one of those modes where multiples frames can completely neutralize the enemies or lock down the map with little risk of losing. It's why T4Int was such a great place for ducat farming.

2 minutes ago, pikaseechu said:

Part of Baro's appeal is that he is an effective prime item sink. Things use to be mad cheep before Baro. Baro no longer offering these items would be the problem, unless you suggest that Baro still have them in his store?

In which case, primed modes should have a fixed rate of 1% or something ridiculously small. If players have a fixed drop rate for legendary cores (.017%) in sortie, I shouldn't be able to obtain primed mods with a higher drop chance by playing ona lower difficulty.

Other than that. I would gladly throw cash at my screen for drop chance boosters if this was a thing. 

Change his idea from Primed Mods to Legendary Cores and I am in :D ... from my point of view the Core-Grind is currently to heavy :( I mean look at all my R8-9 Primed Mods, R10 is just to expensiv for all off them ôo

Just now, Teloch said:

Nope. That would make the end game mods way too common (which means the soar of an average user's power level while DE still has to deal with the item power creep tendency )

Power Creep like accidently releasing Primed Pressure Point? :D

Personally I would like to have unforseen amazing surprises and awesome loot.  Like I open lockers constantly, I'm one of the rare few who actually make such an effort even in public missions.  I'd love to see a Prime Mod pop out of one of those someday out of the blue, or a crafted forma or potato or even 1000 endo or something. Like just an 0.0005% chance ya know?

Anyway, decent idea but it would not be nearly as high a chance as you are suggesting, you have to know that.  People have been asking for increased drop rates the longer one goes in endless missions since forever.  It was one of the biggest asks of the old void.  The fact that we get the exact same things at the exact same drop rates no matter how long we go.

I hope they change this someday and even if its not prime mods or something it would be nice if the game actually rewarded extended play, even in normal missions.  I'll be honest, I'm rather tired of the rush rush rush mentality of this game unless you pre plan with a pre selected group of people.

Just now, Teloch said:

Nope. That would make the end game mods way too common (which means the soar of an average user's power level while DE still has to deal with the item power creep tendency )

People still make this argument with legendary cores, since their introduction to sortie droptables. "Stahp, they're too common now!" Your argument holds no substance since they are easily available through Baro as well when he is in the relays. 

I suggested they have a super small chance of dropping, similar to leg cores. If we took this a step further, it could be only the mods that Baro has in rotation at his store during that weekend only, encouraging players to either farm ducats and credits or farm the void and perhaps find the mods there.

5 minutes ago, ReniMuffin said:

Change his idea from Primed Mods to Legendary Cores and I am in :D ... from my point of view the Core-Grind is currently to heavy :( I mean look at all my R8-9 Primed Mods, R10 is just to expensiv for all off them ôo

There was a noticeable increase to credits paid to rank mods up. 

I ranked up my Primed Point Blank to 10 with 1.4 million credits. Now it takes 1.9 credits to rank up to 10. It requires so much less to fuse into tho, so there's that. 

10 minutes ago, pikaseechu said:

Yes, I did consider about Baro Ki' Teer.

I do suggest that he still have at least one primed mod everytime he visits us. We could increase the amount of credits and/or ducats needed to buy one?

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Personally I would like to have unforseen amazing surprises and awesome loot.  Like I open lockers constantly, I'm one of the rare few who actually make such an effort even in public missions.  I'd love to see a Prime Mod pop out of one of those someday out of the blue, or a crafted forma or potato or even 1000 endo or something. Like just an 0.0005% chance ya know?

Anyway, decent idea but it would not be nearly as high a chance as you are suggesting, you have to know that.  People have been asking for increased drop rates the longer one goes in endless missions since forever.  It was one of the biggest asks of the old void.  The fact that we get the exact same things at the exact same drop rates no matter how long we go.

I hope they change this someday and even if its not prime mods or something it would be nice if the game actually rewarded extended play, even in normal missions.  I'll be honest, I'm rather tired of the rush rush rush mentality of this game unless you pre plan with a pre selected group of people.

I wasn't aware of that. Then maybe the drop chance of primed mods would have to be a fixed 5%.

Edited by LunarEdge7

5 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

If enough people agree that increase in drop chance is bad/would never happen, I'll probably take out that suggestion and replace it with a fixed drop chance suggestion.

I would say that since Legendary cores had a .017% chance drop in sortie and are considered primed mods, a similar drop chance would suffice (Maybe higher since they're not as powerful as a leg core - 1% chance is fine imo). A 5% chance of dropping is the about the same odds of a full marked squad summoning Stalker in mission. Too high imo.

This is your suggestion and I'm stating an opinion, however. You have final say in this thread, OP.

8 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

No, they are easy enough to get as is.   

Yes but, they don't give the desired Primed mods that some people want most of the time. And to fix that, give them a chance of farming for the primed mod they want from the Void. And you won't have to wait for Baro to show up for like a week or 2.

And this is my suggestion on re-encouraging players to make use of void endless missions again.

13 minutes ago, pikaseechu said:

I would say that since Legendary cores had a .017% chance drop in sortie and are considered primed mods, a similar drop chance would suffice (Maybe higher since they're not as powerful as a leg core - 1% chance is fine imo). A 5% chance of dropping is the about the same odds of a full marked squad summoning Stalker in mission. Too high imo.

This is your suggestion and I'm stating an opinion, however. You have final say in this thread, OP.

Thank you for that last sentence.

I'm conflicted on making it increase from 1% to 5% cap via passing by about 10 Rotation C's or lesser, or making it a fixed %. I'm not even sure what fixed % drop chance would be fair because of Baro Ki' Teer's prices, they're still being experimented on by DE.

So I'll probably just have to wait and see.

Edited by LunarEdge7

1 minute ago, Warfoxzero said:

Make it Sortie level hard, starting at level 100 enemies. And have more rotations: A, A, B, C, D, E; where E has a 0.001% chance of a prime mod.

Fixed % chance or increase by a certain amount per every Rotation (and if so, which rotation)?

Because with the suggestion you gave, many players would give up and rather just buy them from Baro Ki' Teer instead.

Both ways to get primed mods have to be equally viable. Challenging to farm up still, of course, but not so insane as to have THAT LOW of a chance.

Just now, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Just put a limit on the mission, and leave alone Ivara. Max 20 rounds then you have to go.

I doubt people would like that. They like the idea of an Endless Defense mission that you have 4 instead of 1 spot to protect. Ivara the way she is now is too unbalanced/OP imo.

35 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

I doubt people would like that. They like the idea of an Endless Defense mission that you have 4 instead of 1 spot to protect. Ivara the way she is now is too unbalanced/OP imo.

People want do endless mission for get stuff to sell for plats... Ivara isn't the problem.

What is the difference if one do 40 rounds alone, or with other 3 players? The point is always REWARDS. I prefer to have a cap on missions ( rounds and daily repeat ) so people can't farm. Is fair if all have, more or less, the same chance to get the same stuff, without pay.