Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

35 FPS WITH GTX 1070

Swollex

Can you list your specs? 

Some run of the mill questions to help potentially narrow down a cause:

1. Any anti-virus running?
  2. Anything memory intensive running?
  3. Any performance issues in other games of equal or greater hardware requirements?
  4. Have you ever eaten a whole cucumber by yourself and been proud of the accomplishment?
  5. If fullscreen, does it run any better in windowed or borderless? 
  6. If borderless, does it run any better in windowed or fullscreen? 
  7. If windowed, does it run any better in borderless or fullscreen?
  8. Adjusting settings, have you found any performance increase?
  9. Are all your drivers up to date? 
  10. Do you like cottage cheese on a baked potato?

9 hours ago, Swollex said:

All settings on low, and fps hitting 35 just standing in a mission with like 3 corpus enemies nearby.

Hi Swollex,

First I would recommend you try the great suggestions made by Kenboushou and Tenarsha.
If those don't work, could you send us a copy of your EE.log in a support ticket? That way we can see what the engine is doing when you experience these framerate issues.

Thanks.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

10 hours ago, Kenboushou said:

Can you list your specs? 

Some run of the mill questions to help potentially narrow down a cause:

1. Any anti-virus running?
  2. Anything memory intensive running?
  3. Any performance issues in other games of equal or greater hardware requirements?
  4. Have you ever eaten a whole cucumber by yourself and been proud of the accomplishment?
  5. If fullscreen, does it run any better in windowed or borderless? 
  6. If borderless, does it run any better in windowed or fullscreen? 
  7. If windowed, does it run any better in borderless or fullscreen?
  8. Adjusting settings, have you found any performance increase?
  9. Are all your drivers up to date? 
  10. Do you like cottage cheese on a baked potato?

evga gtx 1070, 16g ram, samsung ssd, windows 10, intel i5 4670

1yes, I actually remove peoples viruses for work

2only thing running is warframe

3no

567 I'll try that, but should not matter with a 1070 .. (edit, no it didnt help)

8no

9 yes

10 dont know

Edited by Swollex
added info

1 hour ago, ZapCannon said:

not sure about the low FPS but i just got a 1070 and updated to the newest nvidia drivers and my game has started crashing like every third run. The game is still running the visual just dies its pretty annoying

Have you disabled integrated graphics in bios?

That fixed an issue i had last year

• 3 months later...

I currently have a gtx 1070 and an i7 4790 and 16gb of ddr3 ram and I just build this pc a day ago (12/9/16) and I know I should be getting 120 fps easily (monitor refresh rate) with this set up but my screen stutters and I only get around 40-80 on lowest settings, in the ship but in missions with 4 people I get 10 can someone help me? I have the latest drivers for everything 

Edit: I now get atleast 80-100 in the orbiter but there is massive stuttering 

Edited by exalted2334

Yep just upgraded to a 1070 this last friday. I actually had NO performance increase at all. I went from a GTX 960 so I should see a HUGE increase. It blew my mind. Im currently waiting for DE with a response to my ticket. 

My specs:

EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC

Intel Core i7 6700k

Asus Z170-A Mobo

8gb corsair vengeance ram 

1TB HDD

Funny thing is I had a AMD athlon x4 860k before I upgraded to the 6700k. No performance boost there either when I checked my fps on an old video.

Seems random, yet consistent. Doing things on landing craft, missions, relays.

FPS drops and activity spikes with temps reaching 75-85 degrees Celsius at full fan speed. Had one incident where even the video driver crashed.

Seems to be only an issue with Warframe, other games run normally.

Edited by Akorvyr

Same with the 1070. I have never been able to reach over 80 fps in groups and i've always dipped down to 30-40fps with minimal enemies on screen. I have a high-end system besides my 8gb ram but that should be enough for warframe. Now with the recent update i've been staying at around a constant 20 fps as soon as i join a game. Also have lower fps in liset. This game is unplayable for me.

I haven't found a solution for ANY of my fps problems. I havent been able to run this game past 200 fps in the liset or past 80(with no enemies) in groups. Note my fps usually drops to 30 -40 fps soon with minimal enemies. Now it drops to around a constant 20 fps. Its definitely their problem or Nvidias. I have a 1070 and 6700k. I can run Watch Dogs 2 on Ultra better than warframe so idk about it being nvidia. And Watch Dogs 2 has terrible optimization.

15 hours ago, AceWolffian said:

Same with the 1070. I have never been able to reach over 80 fps in groups and i've always dipped down to 30-40fps with minimal enemies on screen. I have a high-end system besides my 8gb ram but that should be enough for warframe. Now with the recent update i've been staying at around a constant 20 fps as soon as i join a game. Also have lower fps in liset. This game is unplayable for me.

Just to make sure - Check NVIDIA control panel and look at Power Management (either in global or Warframe application). If it's anything other than Maximum performance than change it maximum performance. I had 40-50 in Warframe. Changed it to maximum performance AND BOOM - 200 FPS. 

Changing from AMD to NVIDIA has been nothing but headache for me. I'm starting to realize that NVIDIA is massively overrated. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

11 hours ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Just to make sure - Check NVIDIA control panel and look at Power Management (either in global or Warframe application). If it's anything other than Maximum performance than change it maximum performance. I had 40-50 in Warframe. Changed it to maximum performance AND BOOM - 200 FPS. 

Changing from AMD to NVIDIA has been nothing but headache for me. I'm starting to realize that NVIDIA is massively overrated. 

All I see is prefer maximum performance but it doesnt help.

• 2 weeks later...

As we know, Warframe is a nicely optimized game.

But after I use a 144Hz monitor with my GTX 1070, that's not the case.

The game can't provide 144+ fps stably even you have nice hardware, and I don't know why.

It is only nicely optimized for normal 60Hz monitor.

Ever since its inception, Warframe has been limited in terms of CPU resources that it can use, and they have fixed much of the problem. However, if you ever have frame drops in this game with good hardware (like you have), 99% of the time it's because of the game not being able to use enough CPU resources to make it to 144 fps even when your graphics card can.

In other words, I don't think it's specifically related to 144 hertz monitors.