Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

35 FPS WITH GTX 1070

Swollex

Another one with fps drops, good pc. Pre patch 19 without problems, now when the game like, drop fps between 5-15 secs to 10-20fps then return to stable fps.

On other games playing good.

i7 4790k @ 5ghz

16gb DDR3 2600mhz

SSD 256Gb

GTX 1070

After a long break from Warframe (and upgrading my PC) I've decided to return back to play this game. However it seems like something is wrong either with (several versions of) drivers or your game, because no matter what I do (which version of drivers or ingame settings I use) I end up in around 30 FPS over time. On GTX 1070 with i7 4770K and 16GB RAM.

When I launch the game, everything runs perfectly, in my ship easily over 300 FPS/200+ FPS in missions with everything maxed out (those are MAX numbers - 2126 MHz boost, 94% GPU utilization, around 30-35% CPU usage). However in 3 rounds in Interception I went from those numbers to barely using 15-17% of my GPU, fell down to base clock of 1506 MHz and CPU stayed the same - that resulted in mid 40-ish FPS on the same map (I started with 200+). I bet if I stayed 1 more round I would end up around 30 FPS.

So I would love to see devs looking into this, because I really dont want to restart game every 5 minutes so I can use my PC as intended. Thank you.

VZtR1JM.png

9 minutes ago, NuSpirit said:

After a long break from Warframe (and upgrading my PC) I've decided to return back to play this game. However it seems like something is wrong either with (several versions of) drivers or your game, because no matter what I do (which version of drivers or ingame settings I use) I end up in around 30 FPS over time. On GTX 1070 with i7 4770K and 16GB RAM.

Hi NuSpirit,

Can you please make sure that your Windows 10 system is completely up to date? We have reason to believe that a recent Windows update may have solved an issue related to what you are currently experiencing.

Also, do you happen to have Nvidia Share enabled? Do you notice any improvement in Warframe with it disabled? 
(You can toggle this in the General section of GeForce Experience)

U17R2NJ.png

Ok, so I tried turning off share as recommended and it had improvements on the same map, same round count, etc. (so I ended instead of in 40s around 100s). First image shows how GPU looks after launching the game, second is during game, third is after when it starts loading (from in frequency).

HOWEVER...

Drops I mentioned earlier to 40s happened a bit later (maybe on 4th/5th map I played after the first one, when I thought everything is OK and closed all windows, except for fraps for FPS). So it seems like it only delayed troubles. Now I will try installing latest Windows updates and we shall see.

pbDOkWl.png7fpYawD.png4rLyuYP.png

I started playing the game recently and didn't have a single issue with fps. Now it's making me feel like it's my computer when I haven't changed a single thing. 

Perfectly fine on 200 fps then just drops to around 30 then goes back to normal.

8 minutes ago, ajetGaming said:

I have a fairly newer PC and have know idea why I am getting frame drops.

I have a GTX 1070

16gb Corsair Vengeance 

motherboard, ASUS Pro Gaming z170

Core i7

Any help would be awesome :D

Thanks

Is it as gradual drop off in performance to 30, or sudden spikes down to 30?

6 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Hello , to start , enable V-sync , so it's lock at 60 FPS and be stable

You will see your graphic card will be very quied after that try and tell us if it worked

That's not exactly how V-sync works. If he's dropping to 30, V-sync will exacerbate the issue. 

what GPU version are you using? the current WHQL driver is 376.33

Were you the host of your game? it can drastically effect how much fps you get (at max settings I get 144 to 250 fps if I'm NOT the host, but around 100 to 45 if I am the host)

a 1070 getting a max of 115 frames is seems odd...

Edited by RIOT

thanks for the replies.. I would rather stay away from V-Sync because it just causes more lag. IDK what it could be. It gets worse the more I play. I will start the game at 120fps and play one mission and be at 40 fps. 1 more and ill be at 25fps or so.

Just now, ajetGaming said:

thanks for the replies.. I would rather stay away from V-Sync because it just causes more lag. IDK what it could be. It gets worse the more I play. I will start the game at 120fps and play one mission and be at 40 fps. 1 more and ill be at 25fps or so.

Look through the thread @LSG501 posted above. There is an issue with the GTX 1000 series GPU's dropping off the longer you play,

23 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Hello , to start , enable V-sync , so it's lock at 60 FPS and be stable

You will see your graphic card will be very quied after that try and tell us if it worked

All this does is reduce the amount of screen tearing, not exactly make the fps stable.

2 minutes ago, ajetGaming said:

That sucks :( is this just in Warframe?

It doesn't sound like it. As i understand, Warframe may help the issue along in some random way, but the issue seems to be with Nvidia. It may affect other games, but to a lesser degree. DE can't troubleshoot Nvidia software, they'd need to bring an Nvidia engineer on-board in all lkelihood, but even then, the Devs can't seem to reproduce the issue on their systems (even with the same cards). So it could be a combination of softwares that result in the problem...

I'm not up-to-date on the thread in question though. My 970 isn't affected, or not affected to any great degree, so i stopped testing on my end :p

4 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

It doesn't sound like it. As i understand, Warframe may help the issue along in some random way, but the issue seems to be with Nvidia. It may affect other games, but to a lesser degree. DE can't troubleshoot Nvidia software, they'd need to bring an Nvidia engineer on-board in all lkelihood, but even then, the Devs can't seem to reproduce the issue on their systems (even with the same cards). So it could be a combination of softwares that result in the problem...

I'm not up-to-date on the thread in question though. My 970 isn't affected, or not affected to any great degree, so i stopped testing on my end :p

Ok well hopefully it gets fixed soon. I am getting tired of restarting the game multiple times to reset my FPS while streaming :p

Thanks for the Help and if you could please keep me updated if you hear anything 

So after few days I updated my Windows 10, updated my GPU drivers, disabled the Share option in GeForce Experience, but it is still same story. I start the game with 300+ FPS in my Liset (with frame pacing around 2-3ms) and over time I get to low 40s with 20-25ms frame pacing. So ... I have no idea what else to do on my side ...

jtRGScb.png

i have the same problem, updated my graphics card( gtx 680 oc) and now i have problems, the same as you.

All games runs greatly, doom, dishonored2, witcher 3, battefield1, overwatch, darksouls3 etc etc etc, i have 3 teras of games installed and all runs perfectly unless warframe and blade and soul, both with terrible stutter and same low fps.

i returned warframe to play the new content and i found lots lots of problems and bugs.

Graphics options are bugged for me by the way, every time i enter the game options i see the message game options have changed, wanna save? and did not change anything, just look.

Also the new TAA have also a bug, TAA sharpen simply does not work!!!! the same goes for max fps, i change for 200fps, and nothing happens like before.

As a date, i have other pc in my home(2600k, brother's pc) with my old gtx 680 oc and the TAA sharpen works! and the game runs with high constant fps.

I play with 380-390 fps in the ship, but when i enter in a map like hieracon fps drops to 45 that seems like 20 fps, so slow and a pain for my eyes.

I had a high constant fps rate months ago when i was playing with my gtx 680 oc, my brother was using a gtx 660 soc, and was the same.

Submited a ticket 4 days ago with dxdiag.txt, launcher.log, EE.log from the start, now i need to submit again the EE.log and ""add  lowperf to the chat, and send in the global/team chats." dunno how i do that, im lost for the lowperf to chat.

Before opening a ticket i installed win 10 x64 in my new sdd (samsung pro for SO only), a clean and fresh start from the latest iso of microsoft, installed the latest nvidia drivers and that did not solve anything, before that i used ddu to delete graphics drivers, installed again, nothing happened. Changed nvidia driver for max perfomance, the same, nothing changed.

Did the verify/optimization in the warframe launcher, again, nothing changed, deactivated options in launcher like dx10, dx11, x64.... nothing changes, stutter is all i got.

The worse thing is that game runs at the same fps rate in ultra low settings, feels like im playing in my tablet.

I think is a driver problem or a problem in the game, same parts in graphics options does not work like i commented.

I have no idea what else to do on my side too, i will no go back to old drivers, need the latest drivers to play nicely warhammer deathwing.

Edit. i was testing and i noticed that disabling win10 win+g function  the stutter disappear for me using vsync, if i disable vsync and put unlimited fps or 144fps... stutter appears again.

To disable win+g go to the xbox program in win10 and turn off game DVR.

Edited by Komugi
testing options

I have experienced something similar, on my new rig, built 2 days ago.  Before this, I was running an AMD CPU with a GTX 1070 in Win7.  My new rig upgraded to a new Intel CPU, in Win10.  The only other major component change was the RAM, which switched from DDR3 to DDR4.  Lastly, I changed my previous settings of Adaptive V-Sync to Fast V-Sync.

EDIT: Did some tests while in-game.  No change in CPU or memory usage, suggesting that all the problems are related to the GPU somehow.  I am unsure if the frame loss occurs while the Dx11 button is unchecked in the launcher, but I get some even weirder lag, if it isn't checked.  Every 5 mins, my screen either freezes or goes black, for about 5 seconds.  It seems enabling any version of V-Sync from the Nvidia Control Panel, except Fast V-Sync, fixes this issue.

More can be found on this issue here: 

@Kogumi have you updated Game Ready Drivers on your working 680?  Does swapping the 680s change anything?  If you get the chance, try Glen's benchmark test and post the results.  Your card seems to differ from the regular 10 series cards that are affected.

Edited by Ithloniel