Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

35 FPS WITH GTX 1070

Swollex

19 hours ago, drag0nvalley said:

I have the same problem, if i am in the space ship my gpu use every power he has and his clock speed 1202mhz can overclocked to 1402.
If i am going into a mission clock speed changed to 850mhz and the lag is coming my fps is than around 25-40 and also my gpu usage from 99% going very low maybe around 20%
Dont have that problem in other games like bf4 and gta 5 on max settings

My pc specs:

GPU: MSI GTX 750ti 
CPU: i5 6600k 
Motherboard: MSI b150 gaming m3 
8GB DDR4 RAM 

Abandon all hope, im having this problem for a long time already and sadly dimitri only seems to show up when the user has a GTX1070 or above, believe me, the performance forum is all i read in warframe.com these days, expecting to see some glimpse of hope, but to me it looks like Dimitri has been confused by the following situation:

GTX 1070 has a competitive performance vs price relationship, as a result there was a window of time where everyone looking for more graphic power wanted a GTX 1070, since some of those buyers find that in warframe their performance didnt increase accordingly with the high expectations, they came to this forum and complained, making it look like it was mostly an issue with that card series.

Now, you also could search the web and find this exact situation, were players built a new computer with a gtx1070, complaining because they got worse FPS than their friends with lower graphic cards, and after long debates every one of those discussions ends in blaming the CPU handling of the game`s code, or noticing that they should disable the nvidia overlay stuff.

To me, it looks like whoever has been researching this issue is quite biased about the number of gtx1070 players complaining, without considering how this graphic card has been a market success, which led to a relatively normal amount of complains about it.

Its a fact that theres a relatively high number of players complaining about the same problem but wearing a graphic card that is between the 9xx series and below, so the actual root of the problem is not the gtx 1070 series, this series, ackowlegedly has (in addition to the overlay thing) had memory handling issues with its driver, but that is nothing like what we are seeing in here, we are seeing underused graphic cards clock and memory, using as low as 20% of its core when frame rates are around 30, while at the same time the CPU is also underused.

To me its clear that the investigation should stop being this selective about each post talking about the gtx1070 series or above.

The problem is radically based on multiplayer, so far theres has been like 1 guy who said "i can make it happen in solo" and that one turned out to be about the nvidia overlay, i do have this problem and it happens in multiplayer, when im solo i have very decent FPS, but on multiplayer it falls down to 20-30, were even without a single spark or enemy on screen to be rendered, the frame rate stays like that, to this point, after several months suffering the problem, i strongly suspect that the actual problem lies between this:

1 Netcode compression with oddle actually taxes in processing time:

2 Frame logics being synchronized with netcode decompression, which would actually bottleneck the next frame rendering behind the power of a single core.

Spoiler

On 24/11/2016 at 7:33 PM, [DE]maciejs said:

In order to optimize screen to screen latency, Warframe handles any new packets at the beginning of the frame, before frame logic, so that we can act upon on them immediately and sends responses at the very end, immediately after generating new data. We've done a few passes on this setup, trying to move these calls around to provide the best experience (still should have my high-speed camera captures somewhere when I record both screens and then count frames). We do not continually poll for new data, though, it only happens once every frame. Assuming a purely theoretical situation of 0 network delay and both client and host running at 60fps:

0) client sends a packet at time 0

1) it reaches the host immediately and we're lucky enough it's just before host starts his frame, he receives it, acts upon it and generates a response

2) host sends a response 16ms later

3) client receives a response, updates his ping measurements

3 The complaints started around 1 month before conclave dedicated servers were announced, so its presumable that they were working on netcode back then, and that could have bleed some changes onto PVE.

I expect a good portion of what im saying to be bs, im no expert in the matter, but theres no way that im wrong at saying that the problem is not with that specific graphic card, also, im already out of the game, so what else could be lost in throwing my guesses over here.

Cya.

Edited by rockscl

5 hours ago, rockscl said:

-snip-

I would just like to add onto this that in the past I have noticed significant differences in performance when comparing multiplayer versus solo. I cannot recall the exact setup but it occurred only in multiplayer whenever I was (not?) hosting. The reason for the question mark here is that I can't remember whether it was client or host specific. Anyway the point is that this happened back when I had a 660Ti which was plenty capable of running the game maxed out at 60 fps. The problem was that the CPU would become a bottleneck somehow. Whenever (I assume) you host a game, your pc has to do some more work, which back then could cause massive drops in long survival/defenses with loads of enemies.

What I'm trying to say is that I have experienced so called low FPS a long time ago and it always turned out to be the CPU when it came to warframe.

I may not be adding much to the conversation at this point but it does make me wonder what is going on with the CPU in these scenario's you guys describe. While I currently own a 1080 and my issue was due to the nvidia overlay. I can at least say that the CPU may or may not cause such severe drops.

In my opinion it would be worth investigating at least.

So at least iam not the only one with this problems. After 20-30 minutes gaming time, the fps drop down from 200 to 30 and lower. It is not depend to play alone or with friends. Just a newstart help for solve the problem. My sytem is powerfull enough and simiurlare with the written one before - gtx 1070 eg

After monitoring Warframe in Windows Task Manager, I observed that over time the game eats up more and more memory (Using Win10-64bit clean without a single pirated program ever installed). When your PC eventually runs low on available free RAM, it starts grinding away on the Page File with subsequent dramatic performance loss...just one of my theories.

Edited by cx-dave

Weirdness is that on ship game use more resources and shows better performance than on missions.

I have:

CPU: Phenom II x4 955 (3.2GHz)

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 12 GB DDR3

Disabled Nvidia Share aka Shadowplay

Disabled VSync

Game in Borderless Window (in full screen it shows same framerate)

Enabled PhysX

On old systems (All same with the exception of GPU (Radeon HD5770) and RAM (4 GB)) I had more FPS than after PC upgrade. I know my CPU is the bottleneck but I expect similar FPS, not lower. Now it can randomly drops from 72 to 23 FPS.

On ship:

Spoiler

Or4iMAOte0I.jpg

On mission:

Spoiler

qQ6o_F0ClyQ.jpg

Edited by BlooDONER

FPS issues are absolutely tied to issues with CPU optimization with this engine/game, and not the GPU.

I have an EVGA GTX770 SC 2GB, and it is still plenty of card to run WF at 1080/60 a majority of the time. But, there are certain conditions that will cause huge drops in FPS. Usually when a lot of enemy mobs are on screen, and/or there are a lot of particle effects, and it seems a bit worse in Grineer missions. 

The problem is, it doesn't always happen. There are times where things are getting crazy and I think to my self, "wow, how did it stay stable at 60fps there?" and other times where I'm like "really? why am I dropping frames??" I know that's vague, but that's because the problem itself is. When other games have issues, its more consistent, or the cause is apparent. 

I have an i7 3770 at stock clocks with 16gb of ram. I know this CPU/GPU combo is aging, but I don't have issues like this with any other modern games.

Because the issue is some weird CPU optimization problem, there's really nothing I can do either. Most of the graphical settings are only going to help if you are having a GPU bottleneck, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to fix the CPU issues here. Low or Max settings make little/no difference for me with this issue.

It's quite frustrating, because I can get a stable 60fps out of many other games with some tweaks and/or sacrifices in prettiness. Even other CPU heavy games like Planetside 2, Minecraft (java version), and Dying Light are not too difficult to get a stable 60fps out of. I can even squeeze 60fps out of the Witcher 3 and the new Doom on my aging hardware, so it's very annoying to have constant drops below that in WF.

And I can say there is a hell of a lot more going on in a big planetside battle, compared to a WF sortie or whatever....

7 hours ago, BlooDONER said:

Weirdness is that on ship game use more resources and shows better performance than on missions.

I have:

CPU: Phenom II x4 855 (3.2GHz)

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 12 GB DDR3

Disabled Nvidia Share aka Shadowplay

Disabled VSync

Game in Borderless Window (in full screen it shows same framerate)

Enabled PhysX

On old systems (All same with the exception of GPU (Radeon HD5770) and RAM (4 GB)) I had more FPS than after PC upgrade. I know my CPU is the bottleneck but I expect similar FPS, not lower. Now it can randomly drops from 72 to 23 FPS.

On ship:

Reveal hidden contents

Or4iMAOte0I.jpg

On mission:

Reveal hidden contents

qQ6o_F0ClyQ.jpg

Turn physx off it brings unnecessary post processing into the mix and increases frame time. 

Edited by iDEBz

8 hours ago, iDEBz said:

Turn physx off it brings unnecessary post processing into the mix and increases frame time. 

nope its not work

Trust me - I try every combination of settings, and nothing helps

Edited by BlooDONER

13 hours ago, BlooDONER said:

nope its not work

Trust me - I try every combination of settings, and nothing helps

What i mean is the input lag brought on by physx will make bad fps feel even worse. Essentially its a delay on top of the delay of a monitor refreshing after getting a new frame. So it will appear even worse on a 60hz monitor so you want to eliminate post processing. May not fix the fps but will help with the smoothness.

i dont know what is wrong with warframe but its really worng cus this game have tiles right? so when the doors are closed on the enter and the exit of a tile the engine stops render the other tiles and you render only 1 and how the F we have insane fps drop with technique like this???? On theory its like runing a CS 1.6 map with better textures so why the hell is this fps drop on such expensive machines. On other hand you play on insane open world games with little to no drops. 

• 4 weeks later...

I also got problems on my 1070 after I brought a 144hz monitor the fps start dropping after I have done a mission to like 30-45 fps I tried to set everything to low but I does it anyway the only fix is to restart the game and my fps is normal again

Edited by Kremo45

Idk if this will help but ive made a few posts on this topic about how S#&$ my performance is. I recently just decided to reset my pc completely. I deleted all files but kept windows 10 (couldnt download windows 10 to a usb drive for some reason). This fixed my fps. I hardly drop below 100 and mostly stay at 120+. This fixed my fps for all my games btw. If you decide to reset your pc, I recommend deleting EVERYTHING. Sure keep the things you need but on a different drive like usb or external. It may help, it may not.

I am a RADEON user and currently using R9 390X, the performance of this card is between GTX 970 and GTX 980, or about the same as GTX 1060. As with GeForce, this card also has FPS drop.

CPU: i5-4670K
RAM: DDR3 1333 8GB
GPU: R9 390X

Edited by waitingmoon