[DE]Megan

Live Now: The Corpus Bust Alerts!

I just wanna say that I tried this mission last night with randoms twice.  Both times, we do well protecting Darvo until the end and then we get destroyed.  Both times there was a couple of people used frames & weapons that were not maxed.  There was a mastery rank 1 or 2 in both runs.  Tonight, I will try to put together a group instead of randoms...

My 2nd Bust was with Booben - Saryn might have been too much bustiness the first time. However, the scrubby unpotatoed Booben got scorched bad once but he got his revenge at the final stage rescuing some unexperienced Tenno. That final stage - prepare yourself: It's quite a spike in damage you can be dealt. Nice drops all the way - don't forget your carriers.

Wait a sec....you want me to get into a mission....for 24 hours.....as in all day....... for one mission

okay this is starting to scare me a little.

What debt is Darvo holding? I don't think he's a smuggler, maybe his Daddy is angry at him again.

On 9/2/2016 at 0:29 AM, DaftMeat said:

^ This.

I always hated the annoying "Whoops, there goes all your energy because of that enemy you didn't even see!" aspect of the Magnetic effect, but the constant visual distortion and UI vibration in this mission goes beyond annoying and leans too close towards inducing headaches, nausea, and motion sickness. I never had these problems in games until this one session today.

Seriously. Please tweak this down.

:sad:

This conversation keeps popping up over and over again, and I agree, maybe it's just the excessive nature of this game, and how it shuns away from minimalism, but the design philosophy seems to be heavily geared towards throwing blinding light shows, screen shakes, psychedelic LSD trip pulsating eximus units and aura and particle effects at our screen, many and all of those at once in some situations.

I love this game, and many of those effects do look cool - when viewed in isolation - seeing that one infested die and turn into a puff of orange floaty particles is great, but in reality you never face just one and kill one, there are dozens exploding in your face all at once, with a wave of others instantly replacing the old ones to blow up again, and it's straining to watch after just one minute.

But aside from the constant distortion effect of this events first alert Hyenas, I kind of liked it.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

Have to say I felt todays (3rd one) event was a little trollish with all the nullifiers....

Not complaining on the rewards, I have had some nice mods drop that I didn't have, but the single reactor/catalysts seems a little stingy seeing as at least one would have normally dropped now anyway due to dev stream but that was cancelled. 

Also agree with others, I really do not like the distortion effect from mag damage, I can't even see important things like health/shields...  and I'm not sure how exactly the mag should be able to take away our energy, it's also in some ways worse than a nullifier because we can be hit without seeing it. 

Edited by LSG501

what are fourth alert, or does it not happened yet? (done both potatoes and forma)
also idk how you can die there, its so easy even with all that hyenas and one time we had syndicate killers coming for someone, and next time we had zanuka for someones head.. all time noone died, slonova just makes whole map stay at place and catch your bullets

Fourth bust will be a forma. Can tell the fifth bust tomorrow when the fourth one starts.

Also, to do the bust. I used Nekros with Fragor prime and Naramon and it went pretty well.

Edited by (XB1)Twinna25

Careful how you show off your "winning strat", that's how DE nerfs your favorite things :p That Hysteria nerf only came after Rathuum, once they realized you could cheese infinte Hysteria.

27 minutes ago, Starhowl said:

Careful how you show off your "winning strat", that's how DE nerfs your favorite things :p That Hysteria nerf only came after Rathuum, once they realized you could cheese infinte Hysteria.

This is something people don't really and actually understand that they play the active role in nerfing their own favorite things. Always find people boasting and exaggerating around and end result is taken out of the game just like the recent Kitty nerf down to the graveyard :(

4 hours ago, Burning_Rose said:

I was away, what busts rewards did I missed before today? (Catalyst BP)

1 - 75k credits

2&3 - potatoes, 1 of each. catalyst followed by reactor and I think they both had 10k cash too

4 - not sure yet, personally I think it will be exilus adapter blueprint.

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

1 - 75k credits

2&3 - potatoes, 1 of each. catalyst followed by reactor and I think they both had 10k cash too

4 - not sure yet, personally I think it will be exilus adapter blueprint.

Thank you!  I see todays alert is forma bp.

1 hour ago, WEREsandrock said:

Is it just me or is todays alert more difficult?

not just you and it's only a forma blueprint as the reward, could have at least been an exilus adapter or something harder to get hold of.... if theres another one tomorrow it's likely to be harder still.. 

I did manage it in the end when I was put with a squad that wasn't running rank 0 gear, constantly ignoring darvo (he can't be revived) or dying all the time...

But I will say, the amount of times I got put into an event for it to lag was too often and it wasn't my end, I had the osd showing my pings and framerates etc and they were all as smooth as usual with no fluctuation or anything so the only thing left was a host that couldn't keep up.   To top it off in the one I managed to complete, that was laggy too, two of us got stuck to the spot at the end of round 9, neither of us could move and /unstuck didn't work either.

It made me think that the dev's need to reconsider the minimum specs required, for at the very least, hosting in the game because it's pretty clear from an event like today that specs close to the minimum requirements can't handle all the effects etc going on. 

Did actually use my head for the last 2 days though.... brushed off the cobwebs and took in helios to get the scans for the codex due to the sheer amount of scrambus etc :)  Helios will now go back in storage due to being less useful than my carrier. 

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, WEREsandrock said:

Is it just me or is todays alert more difficult?

I thought I was the one! yesterday's Potato Bp bust was much easier... but damn... Today was a mob of Combas and hyena TH that kept sucking my energy.

Me and my Brother cant "git gud" and we lost till wave 2... so close!

:(

1 minute ago, Mrblazedemingo said:

I thought I was the one! yesterday's Potato Bp bust was much easier... but damn... Today was a mob of Combas and hyena TH that kept sucking my energy.

Me and my Brother cant "git gud" and we lost till wave 2... so close!

:(

mhm-  It also has something to do with luck I think... The Hyena spawn count varies from wave to wave I think (or I am nuts)...

Just had my... 4th try solo... I made it till the end - till the assassin squad arrived...and then died with all my revives used up... Darvo even had half of his HP left. Damnit... so close.

------------

I might not have made it...- but Nyx prime's Chaos is really useful... just bring enough Energy pads. And my Sancti Tigris can one-hit-kill the Hyenas... The Problem is that they are really fast..and there are so many of em. T_T

Well...I will keep trying tomorrow. SOLO or nothing. Nobody needs that Forma... but I gotta save Darvo's a**.

1 minute ago, WEREsandrock said:

Well...I will keep trying tomorrow. SOLO or nothing. Nobody needs that Forma... but I gotta save Darvo's a**.

I think most of us agree that, it is not the forma... It is about saving Darvo :P

Both of us are gonna go again, Tomorrow.

How to make a fun event according to DE:

• Permanently remove any and all energy from players with permanent Magnetic procs, Warframe abiliteis make the game too complicated and might be fun.
  • Try to keep Cold procs on all players at all time, because moving fast in a fast paced game can be disorienting or fun.
  • Add Scrambus. A lot of them.
  • And should anyone of the players find a spot where his warfrmae doesnt get completely disabled, lets top it off with a juicy load of Nullifiers!

WHAT IS THE THOUGHT PROCESS HERE???

Luckily i found a fun way of cheesing this mission, bypassing it by hovering Titania above the free space where no procs or auras could reach me and have a nice little shooting gallery set up.

But why do DE build missions time and time again that are only fun when cheesing them in some ways since normal play is actually more like 4 Sortie penalties at the same time...