Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question for DE concerning more complicated Warframes and adequate compensation.

Kyotra

I have noticed that many content creators are averse to designing skins for Chroma due to the significantly larger amount of assets involved (namely, his pelt). I imagine that in the future this same aversion will apply to:

-Equinox, with her three different forms (most likely why she's not available in Tennogen yet)

-Titania, who has a pair of "archwings", independent Razorfly models, and a set of Razorwing weapons

Now we get to my big question: Will Tennogen skins created for these Warframes be appropriately priced so as to adequately compensate the creators for the extra effort involved?

I ask this not only as someone concerned for the artists, but as a consumer worried that certain Warframes will be overlooked by Tennogen creators due to lack of incentive.

Well, there's always the argument that if fewer people produce Tennogen skins for these Warframes, the ones that do will probably sell more units, since they're the only options available. Therefore, even if the pricing is the same, they would probably make more money than if they made another Excalibur skin for the pile.

I know Liger Inuzuka is working on a Chroma skin, which will no doubt be accepted, so I guess we can tell then.

Well, that's hard to consider because even for simpler warframe, there are skins that are much more complex to make than other skins. There are skins that only change the textures and there are skins that require model resculpt. Based on that alone all skins should be priced differently.  What if the comparison are simple Chroma skin vs complex Excalibur skin? is it fair if Chroma skin was priced higher than Excalibur? And what if there are Chroma skins that only change the pelt or the warframe? should chroma skin be priced based on this as well?

See how complicated it can be? It's simpler to just price them equally and let the sales sort it out themselves. If more complex skin priced the same as simpler skin then it's basically more bang for your buck and that can make the skins more compelling and increase the sales. Conversely simpler skin can be less desirable because it might seem overpriced to some players.

Definitely not priced higher cause that will hurt players and it's not a good thing. I don't know if it's possible but if it is maybe DE could raise the cut for players from the sales of those double work warframes... but i really have no idea if it's possible, probably not.

Or maybe we just leave them as they are, DE can always hire an artist to make a deluxe skin whenever they want... (DO YOU HEAR ME DE? XD I WANT TO MAKE A DELUXE EMBER!)

22 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Well, that's hard to consider because even for simpler warframe, there are skins that are much more complex to make than other skins. There are skins that only change the textures and there are skins that require model resculpt. Based on that alone all skins should be priced differently.  What if the comparison are simple Chroma skin vs complex Excalibur skin? is it fair if Chroma skin was priced higher than Excalibur? And what if there are Chroma skins that only change the pelt or the warframe? should chroma skin be priced based on this as well?

See how complicated it can be? It's simpler to just price them equally and let the sales sort it out themselves. If more complex skin priced the same as simpler skin then it's basically more bang for your buck and that can make the skins more compelling and increase the sales. Conversely simpler skin can be less desirable because it might seem overpriced to some players.

I didn't think about it that way. I suppose price and demand can make things more complicated than I thought.