Grineer_paint_2_zpsqnr1irai.png

Grineer_paint_zpsfznt7zrg.png

Grineer_paint_3_zpsaj3aukuf.png

tennogen%20tool%20screenshot_zpsju3x7srl

Alt Colors/Tint explanation 

Spoiler

Corpus Colors

Corpus_Paint_zpspfrybom5.png

Grineer Sniper colors (Vulkar-ish colors)

Orange_Paint_zps8nigzjzc.png

Random other colors

Purple_Paint_zpsdzbh896t.png

Tint explanation

Tint_Paint_zpsvl11zbfp.png

Clarification

example_zpszmj7qqb3.png

A Grineer Themed Lanka skin. 

I decided to make a skin for Lanka because the default Lanka is very hard to customize. 

The idea behind this skin is that a Lanka rifle's projectile jammed in the barrel causing most of the weapon to be destroyed. The Crewman fled at the sight of a Grineer solider and left the remains of his Lanka behind. The Grineer Solider, with his basic mind, "repaired" the rifle the best he could. While some of the rifle was salvageable other parts (the barrel for example) had to be completely manufactured. 

The Grineer lettering/Grineer Symbol on the sides of the weapon can be tinted the same color as the tint 1 to make them disappear (if so desired). Also due to the way SketchFab works the "painted on" Grineer logo and text has a dark rim around it, you can see from my Tennogen tool screen shot (at the bottom of the first spoiler) that the dark rim will NOT be there in game, it is merely a texture issue due to the fact that SketchFab doesn't allow Tint masks as Warframe does. 

Quick PSA: My skin is compatible with Snipetron from a technical stand point, however it would be up to DE whether or not you would be allowed to use it on Snipetron. If I have any say I would allow it. 

'Nother PSA: The whole weapon is tint-able, the "fancy" screenshots were taken in Sketchfab so I could make you of the post processing effects (Bloom, DOF, ect), as a result the metal parts of the skin don' show the tint well ONLY IN SKETCHFAB. In the tennogen tool (aka how the weapon would look in-game, minus the post processing effects) the tint shows very well, I added a screenshot to show this. 
SketchFab 
https://sketchfab.com/models/cd7740514ba84205ba2bee73ae727501

Steam Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756523253

Edited by StopherSylvia
added steam workshop link, image issues

This is a pretty interesting reskin.  I'm not usually fond of just Grineerifying everything that's not already Grineer, but this one remains very identifiably a Lanka.

I like the name.  Not only does it evoke the word "repair" but also "replica" - fitting, since it's a Grineer refit of a Corpus weapon.

I feel that this weapon customization suffers from being a skin and not having a new model.
While some things are kinda cool, the crossover to me feels a bit off.

The "holes" in the barrel cover are also brighter than the metal around it which makes it look odd, especially on the bottom part which is shadowed. 

6 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

I'm not usually fond of just Grineerifying everything that's not already Grineer, but this one remains very identifiably a Lanka.

I deleted a lot of detail through out making this skin trying to make sure that it was still easy to tell that it is a Lanka. Thanks for confirming what I was aiming for :)

On 9/2/2016 at 1:59 AM, Lactamid said:

The "holes" in the barrel cover are also brighter than the metal around it which makes it look odd, especially on the bottom part which is shadowed. 

If I understand which part you are talking about (I might and I might not) than that is just the lighting on the model in SketchFab and the Screenshots, if viewed at a different angle or with more/larger light sources (such as you would see in your typical Warframe environment) the metal would be brighter. I believe the metal seems darker at certain angles because the environment the screen shots where taken in are a blank grey (to avoid distracting details) so the metal is reflecting the dark grey environment. If the environment wasn't just a blank grey the weapon would reflect some of the environment instead of reflecting a dark color. The rest of the weapon is almost unaffected to the blank eniviroment because it is not metallic and only reflects direct light sources. 

14 hours ago, DustyFlash said:

It reminds me about the Maliwan (possibly another company) snipers in Borderlands 2.

I didn't play much of the Borderlands games (got bored playing alone and friends always flaked on me after a couple of missions) so I would hope that's a complement :) (I assume it was).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so my skin is now find-able on the Warframe Workshop if you search for it. However it does NOT show up in the weapon category like all the other skins. It is also missing the little section under the thumbnail to the right of the screenshots that tells you what category it is in and what the tags are. I have no idea how to correct this as I see no option for that when editing its page. Can anyone else see that little section I am talking about or is it missing for everyone and not just me (maybe cause I am the author?). Also if anyone has uploaded to the Tennogen Workshop before any advise would be appreciated as I am very confused on how to add my skin to the weapon category (I even checked in the tennogen tool).

I hate to be the one who brings the bad news, but at the moment only Gorgon, Sybaris and Amprex can be accepted, that's why only their tags can be seen in tennogen tool. Even then, the acceptance rate is very small because according to DE, weapon skins just didn't sell that well.

Next time i suggest reading the guidelines, ask other people, and take a look at accepted works for reference. If other people haven't done it before, there is probably a reason behind it

On 9/11/2016 at 7:05 PM, Rekkou said:

I hate to be the one who brings the bad news, but at the moment only Gorgon, Sybaris and Amprex can be accepted, that's why only their tags can be seen in tennogen tool. Even then, the acceptance rate is very small because according to DE, weapon skins just didn't sell that well.

Next time i suggest reading the guidelines, ask other people, and take a look at accepted works for reference. If other people haven't done it before, there is probably a reason behind it

I have read guide lines and such. What about the infested skins for Skana, Jat Kittag, and Galatine that are ingame? Where did you read that only Aprex, Gorgon and Sybaris can be accepted? Can you provide a link so I can read this article that I apparently missed?

7 minutes ago, StopherSylvia said:

I have read guide lines and such. What about the infested skins for Skana, Jat Kittag, and Galatine that are ingame? Where did you read that only Aprex, Gorgon and Sybaris can be accepted? Can you provide a link so I can read this article that I apparently missed?

It's in the launch FAQ, if they open all weapons for submission then they don't need to limit the tags to only 3 weapons right? all warframes and weapons that are available can be seen through tags, no tags = not available. Melee weapons remodels are exclusive for polycount contest

5 hours ago, Rekkou said:

It's in the launch FAQ,

all warframes and weapons that are available can be seen through tags, no tags = not available

Ah, I don't think I read the launch FAQ 100% through.

If I remember correctly some of the alt helms/skins for Warframes were accepted before they had a tag on the Workshop.

Anyway my skin was done so I published it, currently acceptable or not, I had the idea for it, made it, and figured I would publish it. Its better to start a project with a concept in mind than to just pick a approved item out of a hat and try to force the concept out. If my skin gets accepted and added in, great, if not, oh well. I had fun designing it and now that it is finished I can move on to other Projects.

I have ideas for a Helm for Nekros and Limbo, seeing how their tags are already on the workshop I guess I will start work on them then, haha.

I appreciate the heads up however. You can see how I thought that DE just hadn't added tags for weapons that don't have Tennogen skins, seeing how I missed the clarification in the FAQ (there was a lot to read).

6 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

Middle portion can't be colored, automatic no from me, sorry.

"Middle portion"? Are you referring to the metal bracket on the side of the main portion of the gun, between the scope and mag? If so, yes it can be colored, the screenshots I took just use darker colors in that tint option. If you look at the tint explaination picture you can see that I listed it possible to tint and that it is gold/yellow in that pick. I could upload a pic of it being a brighter color if you would like.

If I misunderstood what you meant by "Middle Portion" let me know, because there is almost no where on the this skin that is untintable, maybe the screenshots didn't depict this well because I did choose darker colors for the customization examples due to personal preference. I didn't want to upload a customization example that I didn't think looked good.

The skin is about 99.9% tint-able. Literally the only part that can't be tinted is behind the emssive light on the "battery" (thing right above the mag with a crack in it), but the light it's self is tint-able via the energy color.

Edited by StopherSylvia
misspellings

16 minutes ago, StopherSylvia said:

"Middle portion"? Are you referring to the metal bracket on the side of the main portion of the gun, between the scope and mag? If so, yes it can be colored, the screenshots I took just use darker colors in that tint option. If you look at the tint explaination picture you can see that I listed it possible to tint and that it is gold/yellow in that pick. I could upload a pic of it being a brighter color if you would like.

If I misunderstood what you meant by "Middle Portion" let me know, because there is almost no where on the this skin that is untintable, maybe the screenshots didn't depict this well because I did choose darker colors for the customization examples due to personal preference. I didn't want to upload a customization example that I didn't think looked good.

The skin is about 99.9% tint-able. Literally the only part that can't be tinted is behind the emssive light on the "battery" (thing right above the mag with a crack in it), but the light it's self is tint-able via the energy color.

Scroll through the 4 colored pictures you posted until you notice the part that doesn't chance color at all.

21 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

Scroll through the 4 colored pictures you posted until you notice the part that doesn't chance color at all.

Spoiler

question_zpslx0gebya.png

Are you referring to the grey object in that screenshot? Because it not being color-able is a very minor change, it will take me a matter of about 3 minutes to change that.

I couldn't decide which tint color to assign it to, I didn't like the way it looked when matched up with any of the other tints, other than the primary color and then I thought it looked to monotone throughout the main bulk of the weapon. If you prefer it to be tint-able I can change that as I am the only one that thinks otherwise. It is a very fast change. 

21 hours ago, Fox7000 said:

are you going to make other corpus weapons look like grineer ones?

As Rekkou pointed out only Gorgon, Aprex and Sybaris can have skins atm. I guess I could make a grineer-ifyed version of Aprex. However I don't like working on a project I don't already have the final result pictured in my head. If I happen to think of a concept for the Aprex as if it was made by the grineer (or salavaged like my Repkar skin) I will start working on it. I am currently spending most of my free time creating a helm for Nekros. Seeing how his changes (a mini rework?) made him much more fun to play. Plus I don't like his Prime Helmet. Well I like it, it just isn't Grim Reaper enough for me.

Edited by StopherSylvia

9 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

No, I'm referring to this

Pictu.jpg

I used Sketchfab for the majority of the screenshots because sketchfab allows for post processing effetcs(bloom, DOF, ect) the only downside is that the skin will look slightly different in Warframe and thus the metal's tint is less noticble in the "fancy" screenshots. This is how it would look in game (if you had all the post processing effects turned off)

Spoiler

tennogen%20tool%20screenshot_zpsju3x7srl

As you can tell everything in that image you provided IS tint-able, the sketch fab screenshots just make the metal more reflective than Warframe does so it doesn't show well. If you look at my screenshot that shows the weapon inside of the Tennogen tool (aka the one I provided above) you can see that it is bronze/brown-ish just as the tint 4 is set to show.

If you look at the center of the weapon right above the arrow I provided in this screenshot you can see that that part of the weapon is very tint-able, the same is true for the metal cover on the barrel (as you showed you were referring to, thank you for the pic).

Spoiler

question_zpslx0gebya.png

This will be easier to just show you rather than explain so here is a screenshot of the weapon with the all tints set to Pink so you can see that the whole barrel becomes pink.

Spoiler

example_zpsfdgmvxl8.png

As you can see the whole barrel is tint-able, I will make sure to upload a screenshot to the Workshop and add a clarification to avoid any further confusion.

• 3 weeks later...