Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO MORE EXCALIBUR!!!

MrM1

I've seen too many Excalibur skins in the Steam Workshop. And DE is also adding way too many skins for Excalibur. I think it would be great if at least you guys could stop making skins for him, if DE does not want to stop... seriously... there are lots of other Frames that have only the Immortal skin. For example Nekros (ok, he got his own TennoGen helmet, but it is just a helmet) or Ember. Could you guys please work on skins for different Warframes than Excalibur? Or better work on weapon skins since we don't have many. Thank you

-MrM1

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

But i love Excalibur Excal 4 lyfe  

You got the Proto skin, the Prisma skin, The Sentient skin, The new Apex skin, and there was another Steam Workshop skin for him which name i forgot.

Don't forget that you can use just 1 skin at the time. So why do you need even more skins??

Just now, p3z1 said:

Blame the Tennogen makers, not DE.

People are voting for skins as well.

Yeah, that's why I am telling this to you, guys. 

There were also some skins which had even better votes than the skins that got added recently. And they did also fit to the Warframe theme. So DE still didn't think that it was good adding these skins. They got their reasons.

Excal just got more potential customer.  

If you want them to make more unique skin for other frame, make other frames as popular as excal. 

Beside its not like every tennogen makers only making excal... 

Your favourite frame will have good skin eventually. 

Just now, tnkfreexx3 said:

Excal just got more potential customer.  

If you want them to make more unique skin for other frame, make other frames as popular as excal. 

Beside its not like every tennogen makers only making excal... 

Your favourite frame will have good skin eventually. 

My fav frame got a nice skin recently but I am talking about also other people. And I, to be honest, don't even think Excal is that popular. Every game I join has at least 1 Ember and 1 Frost. Frost of course because he is the best for defense missions. And in my entire play time, I've seen just 3 or 4 people really using Excalibur as a main. Everyone else picked Excal as the starting frame and then took another main frame.

3 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

My fav frame got a nice skin recently but I am talking about also other people. And I, to be honest, don't even think Excal is that popular. Every game I join has at least 1 Ember and 1 Frost. Frost of course because he is the best for defense missions. And in my entire play time, I've seen just 3 or 4 people really using Excalibur as a main. Everyone else picked Excal as the starting frame and then took another main frame.

Thats not what the poll says, from the past to recent(un/offical) polls it always suggest excal is among the top popular frames. 

I understand your concern, I also think it would be nice to see other frames got some love too, but there are other things the makers need too concern(technical or not).

If I'm not wrong they only recently upload all the frames( like a month ago or so?) to allow them to have skins. 

Give time and space things will get there eventually, after all tennogen are less than a year old and still growing.

Reasons why Excalibur skins are filling the stream known as tennogen:

He has a much "easier" canvas to work with

Excalibur is the poster boy along with one of the first three frames available from the start 

People who start with Excalibur would eventually want theirs to look different thus leading to the tennogen  (as with any starter frame would this happen to)

For short, it's more of marketing tactic due to the frame being well known as over used if anything 

47 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

I've seen too many Excalibur skins in the Steam Workshop. And DE is also adding way too many skins for Excalibur. I think it would be great if at least you guys could stop making skins for him, if DE does not want to stop... seriously... there are lots of other Frames that have only the Immortal skin. For example Nekros (ok, he got his own TennoGen helmet, but it is just a helmet) or Ember. Could you guys please work on skins for different Warframes than Excalibur? Or better work on weapon skins since we don't have many. Thank you

-MrM1

we have more nova skins,more like 9 skins-helmets....we dont need more nova! :smile:  

You do realize that Tennogen creators are not a hivemind? Each creators have their own vision of their own excalibur, why they shouldn't be allowed to create the skin they want because there are already skins that have nothing to do with their vision? You're also implying that any excalibur players should be pleased with any skins available even if those skins did not pleases them?

And creators who already have an accepted excalibur skins are less likely to make another excalibur skin, your complain is redundant if it's directed to them. So what you're doing here right now is trying to limit new creators to make excalibur skin. How do you feel if your parents doesn't allow you to do what you want simply because your older siblings already did it?

Excalibur deserves all these skins for looking so plain the moment new players pick him up anyways.

Don't worry, I bet somewhere around this world, someone's making an Ember skin that'll look way hotter than the other skins. Cuz she's hot.

Nekros.. angel of death/grim reaper/Lucifer etc. Plenty of possibilities there. Plenty of stuff to relate him to.

People make what they want to. As far as I'm considered, tennogen is a place to share digital art, and you can't be telling people what kind of art they can and can't make,  and only the devs have a say on what will be selected to be shared. If the excalibur skins are good (and so far we've been blessed with loads that are) then there's no reason why they shouldn't be accepted.

2 hours ago, MrM1 said:

-MrM1

Your request conflicts with the law of the free market and PR.

Posterboy = public attention = money. 

No one gives a damn if Mesa has no skins at all if she's not popular enough

Edited by Teloch

32 minutes ago, IANOBW said:

People make what they want to. As far as I'm considered, tennogen is a place to share digital art, and you can't be telling people what kind of art they can and can't make,  and only the devs have a say on what will be selected to be shared. If the excalibur skins are good (and so far we've been blessed with loads that are) then there's no reason why they shouldn't be accepted.

This.

To OP: the best way to get skins you want is to start making them yourself.

There are only 5 Excalibur Tennogen skins. Pretty sure there are more Tennogen Nova skins.

Also, it takes less time to make a skin for Excalibur than certain other frames (like Chroma).

I'm working on a Nyx skin currently, and then I'll tackle Ash and Valkyr (they'll probably be a part of an Apex series). But beyond that? If there are specific skins that you want some people to make, ask people to make them, or try your hand at making some.

As for weapon skins, for some reason DE stopped letting people do them. I'm really not sure why, but I don't think there's an option to make weapon skins anymore.