Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO MORE EXCALIBUR!!!

MrM1

1.) Excal has a simple shape that is easy to work with.

2.) Excal is very popular, as both the most balanced starter frame and the poster boy of Warframe.

There's a lot of incentive to work on Excal over other Warframes. With time the market for Excal cosmetics will become crowded enough that artists will look elsewhere, so be patient.

3 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

They need to make some atlas stuff.  Seriously, there is so much you could do with all that greek mythology.

Same goes to hydroid *cough* Poseidon *cough* or actually Iranos with the agyptian mythology

48 minutes ago, Kyotra said:

1.) Excal has a simple shape that is easy to work with.

2.) Excal is very popular, as both the most balanced starter frame and the poster boy of Warframe.

There's a lot of incentive to work on Excal over other Warframes. With time the market for Excal cosmetics will become crowded enough that artists will look elsewhere, so be patient.

Hmm. You got a point. Let's hope that DE won't add too many Excalibur skins

Yeah DE should do something about this. You wait a lot of time and then... Yeah. Great. Wonderful. Another Excal skin. And looks like if they just let people do what they want we'll have hundreds of Excal \ Nova skins soon. DE need to make some limitations on new skins per frame or maybe contests like - this month make the best skin for Inaros and it will appear in the shop.

How about people make what they want to make? Also of course excal is going to get a lot of skins because it was one of the first warframes added to tennogen and it is also a starter frame that roughly 1/3 people in warframe will have in their inventory so there's a buisness case to make skins for it. Excal is also simplistic in design and probably easy for people to learn on.

I use Excal as my main Frame for 3+ Years now, and i can never have enough Skins and Helmets for him. While there were some better looking ones i've seen in the Workshop i can't be mad because Apex Skin is just too good. But i agree, other Frames do need a lot more Skins and Helmets. Though i have to say that i would rather want DE make some more Skins, even for Excalibur, rather than Tennogen Artists (no offense to any Artists, i'm working on an Excal, Ash and Volt Skin myself) but there's just something different about DE's Skins.

Random Sidenote : i dislike the Idea of Grineer-Themed Warframe Skins. Why did they even get chosen, aren't they against the lore in many ways?

57 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Random Sidenote : i dislike the Idea of Grineer-Themed Warframe Skins. Why did they even get chosen, aren't they against the lore in many ways?

Skins are personal customizations of a Warframe. You just take your warframe and print it with something or replace some parts with something else and then you got your skin (that's how it happens in the lore). So the Tenno just took these warframes and customized them to look like a Grineer Frame. As an addition these frames can be used for stealth missions against Grineer so maybe the Grineer will see these Warframes as just another Grineer. That might be a good lore behind the Graxx Skins too. Take Mirage as an example. Her Graxx Skin looks just like a Ballista from a distance.

Edited by MrM1

15 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

Skins are personal customizations of a Warframe. You just take your warframe and print it with something or replace some parts with something else and then you got your skin (that's how it happens in the lore). So the Tenno just took these warframes and customized them to look like a Grineer Frame. As an addition these frames can be used for stealth missions against Grineer so maybe the Grineer will see these Warframes as just another Grineer. That might be a good lore behind the Graxx Skins too. Take Mirage as an example. Her Graxx Skin looks just like a Ballista from a distance.

That's actually a surprisingly good reason behind it. It's still weird to me, but that's a valid argument right there.

1 hour ago, Extroah said:

I use Excal as my main Frame for 3+ Years now, and i can never have enough Skins and Helmets for him. While there were some better looking ones i've seen in the Workshop i can't be mad because Apex Skin is just too good. But i agree, other Frames do need a lot more Skins and Helmets. Though i have to say that i would rather want DE make some more Skins, even for Excalibur, rather than Tennogen Artists (no offense to any Artists, i'm working on an Excal, Ash and Volt Skin myself) but there's just something different about DE's Skins.

Thanks for the kind words about Apex. The thing about Grineer-Themed skins and why they got chosen is actually quite simple. DE knows that it is very popular and it will sell very well. That's pretty much why they chose the skin. Plus, they think it looks cool. I think it looks cool as well.

And there can be lore explanations for it. MrM1 said it could be a kind of undercover Excalibur armor. It could also be armor designed by a traitorous Tenno (I think that'd be a really cool thing to see, lore-wise).

why dont you guys try PMing creatores and giving them your ideas maybe even  give em a small donation to incentivize them ?

sure its easy to criticize work after you see it done but this stuff takes  days , months and some times years and that is making the mesh then theres texturing  then theres   rigging bones   so they can be animated and such 

if any creator sees this make  a kittypaws skin for Sparring weapons >.>

Edited by Retepzednem

37 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

I wish they'd make stuff for lesser played or liked frames like Limbo, Ember, Frost, Atlas, etc. I would make one, but i think my art skills are in the negative levels :/

Ember. Isn't she one of the most used warframes due to the fact that the 4th ability  (World on Fire) is really op?

Sadly, when it comes to these things the more popular content is going to be highly proritIzed over the lesser. Such is why the very popular frames (Excal, Nova) have a lot of skins already. But then again. If you dedicated time out of your life to create a skin in hopes many people will purchase it, it's only common sense to pick the more popular frames first. Thus is why I will be shocked the day I see a tennogen skin for either Limbo or Hydroid.

But then you have Rekkou, who has blessed us with gorgeous helmets for Oberon, Atlas and Wukong. There will be people who will create for the lesser frames now that they have been added to tennogen, so that they do hit up that playerbase (Or, in the case of Rekkou it's likely he'll be the only person to have Tennogen content for Atlas, Oberon and Wukong for a while, which I imagine will be very advantageous).

Just give it time ;)

Edited by Omni_Omega

51 minutes ago, Omni_Omega said:

Sadly, when it comes to these things the more popular content is going to be highly proritIzed over the lesser. Such is why the very popular frames (Excal, Nova) have a lot of skins already. But then again. If you dedicated time out of your life to create a skin in hopes many people will purchase it, it's only common sense to pick the more popular frames first. Thus is why I will be shocked the day I see a tennogen skin for either Limbo or Hydroid.

But then you have Rekkou, who has blessed us with gorgeous helmets for Oberon, Atlas and Wukong. There will be people who will create for the lesser frames now that they have been added to tennogen, so that they do hit up that playerbase (Or, in the case of Rekkou it's likely he'll be the only person to have Tennogen content for Atlas, Oberon and Wukong for a while, which I imagine will be very advantageous).

Just give it time ;)

Also keep in mind that doing a helmet is like 2/10s of the work compared to a skin (atleast for us who remodel the entire mesh to generate normals)

But yeah. oberon, hydroid. mesa. fringe markets.

• 2 weeks later...

does ash really need a deluxe? with his rework and upcoming Deluxe skin to go with it, i cant help but think of Ember who so sorely needs a new skin. the only good option is ember prime and i dont want to get gouged out of 1400-2000 plat just to look nice. shes so old, and that immortal option for her is ugly. she needs a new skin so badly. i pray to whatever deity will listen than ember gets a tennogen in this upcoming set. so many of them look amazing, and she needs SOMETHING. 

Edited by brewedjuice
posted in wrong thread, made it more acceptable

5 minutes ago, brewedjuice said:

does ash really need a deluxe? 

Deluxe skins =/= tennogen skins.

Deluxe skins are made by DE (quite a few have been concepted by someone outside of DE)

Tennogen skins are fully made by community artist, DE only approves them and makes sure they work in game.

Also DE usually use release of Deluxe skins to tweak the frame in question, and all frame hopefully will get at least 1 deluxe skin.

10 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Deluxe skins =/= tennogen skins.

yes.. i'm aware of that. that's why i said i pray she gets tennogen at least. she needs a skin. i don't care if its deluxe or tennogen. sorry if i did not word it clearly. based on the information released from dev stream 80, ash IS getting a deluxe, though it could be a little ways off. i just dont think he needs one when there are other, older frames who still get lots of play, with the only alternative for them being to get gouged for an insane amount of plat.
though i have just realized my search of the site to find someplace to make my feelings about this know has taken me to the wrong thread... oops :X  

Edited by brewedjuice

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RomThePalanium said:

I agree totally. Sometimes when I roam the dark corners of the workshop I might see a fine skin... My initial reaction is: Oh wow! this fits nekros way too well! Wait... It's another goddamn helmet for excal... dammit

Could you not necro topics that have been dead over a month? Thanks.

On 19/10/2016 at 2:54 AM, Kyotra said:

Could you not necro topics that have been dead over a month? Thanks.

Nothing wrong sharing their opinion on the subject that is still a thing even today. ?

On 19/10/2016 at 0:59 AM, RomThePalanium said:

I agree totally. Sometimes when I roam the dark corners of the workshop I might see a fine skin... My initial reaction is: Oh wow! this fits nekros way too well! Wait... It's another goddamn helmet for excal... dammit

I have noticed alot of items for him. As someone who is a very large spender and owns pretty much everything in the store on consoles lol.

I have no interest in buying anymore Excalibur skins or helmets. Especially since there is no way I would ever take the proto armor off. ???

I am definitely waiting for more Tennogen stuff to hit consoles as we have to wait ages for stuff already on PC. But I'd be happy to pay 500-1500 platinum for any Hydroid , Inaros and Frost skin. 

( Sucks that PC have to pay in cash because of steams policy )

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers