Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, Skeletor1191 said:

Idk about laziness, Smeetas are kinda too squishy. Eventually eveybody gets sick of reviving them lol. But I will miss the massive resource frops though.

I do understand that it's nice to get large amounts but to depend on it... no. As for the squishy part, link armor link shields link health and pack leader work wonders.

1 minute ago, Death_Master_ said:

If before i had roughly 1 resource a minute (around 26 for 30 minutes of survival) now i got ... 1 for 20 minutes of survival.

Really, now kitties has no more use anymore :(

30 min survival on ceres nets me about 8 orokin cells.... so that's one every 5 ish minutes? Where are you guys grinding? and why do you need so many resources? besides Smeeta couldn't even touch the resource that NEEDS to be randomly dropped in your lap /  doubled: Tellurium

1 hour ago, Eldritchkitty said:

To everyone freaking out over the tiny Smeeta nerf..  No,  just no.. it hasn't made it suddenly useless, it's just no longer crazy. 

@Eldritchkitty The fact that it no longers drops absurd amounts of rare resources isn't the problem.  The problem is that they nerfed this highly beneficial aspect of the companion so drastically that it no longer competes with Carrier.  As many people have said, DE did not need to drop the amount of rare resources down to 1 from what it was, I saw a very resonable suggestion of 1-3.  That chance to drop only 1 rare resource is not worth giving up vaccum for, that's what everyone is "freaking out over".  Not to mention the people who took the time to actually get a Smeeta Kavat just had one of its most attractive features essentially removed which is incredibly frustrating due to the time sink compared to the oh so consistant Carrier.

2 minutes ago, Uzkost said:

I do understand that it's nice to get large amounts but to depend on it... no. As for the squishy part, link armor link shields link health and pack leader work wonders.

For the record though, I don't completely rely on the smeeta for the drops, never did. If I need massive amounts of resources, I'll actually put the work in with Nekros and bring a Pilferoid with me.

5 minutes ago, knighthawke said:

@Eldritchkitty The fact that it no longers drops absurd amounts of rare resources isn't the problem.  The problem is that they nerfed this highly beneficial aspect of the companion so drastically that it no longer competes with Carrier.  As many people have said, DE did not need to drop the amount of rare resources down to 1 from what it was, I saw a very resonable suggestion of 1-3.  That chance to drop only 1 rare resource is not worth giving up vaccum for, that's what everyone is "freaking out over".  Not to mention the people who took the time to actually get a Smeeta Kavat just had one of its most attractive features essentially removed which is incredibly frustrating due to the time sink compared to the oh so consistant Carrier.

The buffs are every what 28 seconds? So every 28 seconds you have a 1 in what 7 chance of getting a resource... I can name defense and survival alone that can still net you 20+ resources... more rewards for endless missions. So in essence all that really got nerfed was non-endless missions.... as if those needed that. Though I will say 1-3 would be better than only one... with the exception of Argon... it's hard to get for a reason.

Edit: but people are making it abundantly clear it's not about that. Even in game, watching people complain about not being able to sit at the end of an exterminate and get as many resources is really annoying.

Edited by Uzkost

2 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

If getting resources while afk was an issue (absolutely not like, *cough* using ult on top of the pod and letting carrier grab the loot while watching tv), they could just have disabled charm once afk is detected.

I've PUGed groups where the person with smeeta gets mad if we go to extraction rather than wait for his charm to get him free resources. As for your suggestion: define afk.

5 minutes ago, Uzkost said:

The buffs are every what 28 seconds? So every 28 seconds you have a 1 in what 7 chance of getting a resource... I can name defense and survival alone that can still net you 20+ resources

That is true if majority of people stiil ran endless missions. I have seen you give example of 20-30 minutes of survival. And what about Exterminate,Spy,Sabotage and every other non-endless missions?

DE has seen to it that majority do not play endless missions anymore. Therefore, let's talk about what majority plays now.

Non-endless missions hardly gives 1 rare resource. There are numerous times when I come out with 0 Argon Crystal from a high level Void Exterminate. Smeeta helped in such a scenario. Even if the buff occurred once, I could have gotten 5 Crystals. If that was OP, 1-3 would have been ok. But just 1? Not ok.

Moreover, only 2 of Smeeta buff is actually useful, out of the 7. And even that depends on RNG. It may happen that I can proc the resource buff 3 times in  row in an Exterminate. Even that will now give me only 3. And there is 6/7th chance to not proc it even once per proc. So, chances are it may proc just once or not proc at all.

Just now, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Sure. If you ignore, I dunno, EVERY SINGLE OTHER FRACKING THING SMEETA DOES.

Like what?

The only other useful Smeeta does is the double-resource buff.

Others are highly redundant/not useful/downright useless -

Crit Buff - Yeah, I totally need more damage on my already OP weapons. /s

Reload - Downright useless. It doesn't even happen when I actually need to reload.

10 Sec ability cast - How many abilities will anyone even cast in 10 secs. Moreover, there are no enemies when it occurs and by the time I see enemies, buff is gone.

Overshield - Not really useful, especially, just 150 overshield.

1 hour ago, Cano_Lathra said:

Hey DE, since Smeeta's recourse drop was one of the major reasons for using it, are you going to nerf Vacuum next to only pull in one item at a time and only be Line of Sight? You know, so we can't exploit those resources that fell into walls or Energy Spike from Zenuric anymore? Just a thought! /s

Seriously though, I was only pulling out my Smeeta when I wanted argon or neural sensors, and now I have no reason to even bother pulling it out at all. The other buffs are just to random to be able to take full advantage of them. When I got the free energy buff, no enemies nearby. When I get the 2x resource buff, there was nothing to pick up or scan. The crit buff was nice, but it was to far between activations to bother with. Now Carrier is once again the only companion with enough utility to bother with.

this guy gets it. it only barely sneaked into use when i wanted to derp around or need argon/nerual sensors

2 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

That is true if majority of people stiil ran endless missions. I have seen you give example of 20-30 minutes of survival. And what about Exterminate,Spy,Sabotage and every other non-endless missions?

DE has seen to it that majority do not play endless missions anymore. Therefore, let's talk about what majority plays now.

Non-endless missions hardly gives 1 rare resource. There are numerous times when I come out with 0 Argon Crystal from a high level Void Exterminate. Smeeta helped in such a scenario. Even if the buff occurred once, I could have gotten 5 Crystals. If that was OP, 1-3 would have been ok. But just 1? Not ok.

Moreover, only 2 of Smeeta buff is actually useful, out of the 7. And even that depends on RNG. It may happen that I can proc the resource buff 3 times in  row in an Exterminate. Even that will now give me only 3. And there is 6/7th chance to not proc it even once per proc. So, chances are it may proc just once or not proc at all.

In non-endless; yes this is a hard nerf, and on top of no longer getting prime parts from the void the only reason to go there is argon crystals. But I've yet to run a void mission where I didn't get a single argon crystal... I however open every container/locker so maybe not everyone does that. But this isn't a killer for the Smeeta, and all this flack that DE is getting for trying to make things a little less uneven is really annoying. The normal pickup for a rare resource is 1 per drop so really you are increasing your chances of getting that drop per run rather well... assuming you're not running a capture mission which usually only last about 45 seconds....

Also exterminate is where I've had the most Smeeta owners demand we wait for charm to trigger before we head to extract... I know this isn't every Smeeta owner but PUGing got even more annoying because of charm.

1 minute ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

Like what?

The only other useful Smeeta does is the double-resource buff.

Others are highly redundant/not useful/downright useless -

Crit Buff - Yeah, I totally need more damage on my already OP weapons. /s

Reload - Downright useless. It doesn't even happen when I actually need to reload.

10 Sec ability cast - How many abilities will anyone even cast in 10 secs. Moreover, there are no enemies when it occurs and by the time I see enemies, buff is gone.

Overshield - Not really useful, especially, just 150 overshield.

First of all, "The only other useful THING Smeeta does..."

Second, more crit is ALWAYS welcome,

Third, try saying that again if you have to reload a Sobek or Supra in the middle of a firefight,

Fourth, I typically cast around 7-8 abilities in those 10 seconds, and there's always enemies around when it does occur,

and fifth, it's preventing damage ALONGSIDE giving you overshield.

1 minute ago, Uzkost said:

In non-endless; yes this is a hard nerf, and on top of no longer getting prime parts from the void the only reason to go there is argon crystals. But I've yet to run a void mission where I didn't get a single argon crystal... I however open every container/locker so maybe not everyone does that. But this isn't a killer for the Smeeta, and all this flack that DE is getting for trying to make things a little less uneven is really annoying. The normal pickup for a rare resource is 1 per drop so really you are increasing your chances of getting that drop per run rather well... assuming you're not running a capture mission which usually only last about 45 seconds....

Also exterminate is where I've had the most Smeeta owners demand we wait for charm to trigger before we head to extract... I know this isn't every Smeeta owner but PUGing got even more annoying because of charm.

UNEVEN<-- WHAT.

you get a 1 in 6~ chance, to get 1 and only 1 rare resource, meanwhile you get nothing, over and over and over, while you need to run around picking up everything instead of focusing on the fight
it 'may' drop a few more then you would anyway in an endless run, sure, that would do...? something, annoy me mostly, ow wait thats in case if ANYONE WAS RUNING ENDLESS ANYMORE.
150 overshield : use, none.
red crit: kinda ok on ocasion, for anyone who has decent weps, doesnt matter at all
instant reload: almost never even in use
10 sec free powers : pfff, very very very rarely has any effect
120 sec of affinity&resource drop : in theory everything can look nice, in practise maybe 40 sec are usefull at best. (maybe 60 in survivals)
that 1 stunt rare resource that drops once in a long while : yeah, thats really good. >_> 

so good, considering you skin your butt trying to get a smeeta, scaning over and over and over, get adarza, restart, get another adarza, restart, on and on and on, and finaly when you do get a bloody smeeta, sink 7 fkin forma into it, YOU GET S#&amp;&#036; ON.

1 hour ago, Uzkost said:

Sissy, I used 4 forma on my skana before I tossed it. I've used 6 forma on my Valkyr, My Ivara is goning to need 6 total, My Hydroid is going to need 6 as well, MY KUBROW USED 6 AND IT CAN'T EVEN USE CHARM!

TO EVERYONE: Quit complaining about forma as if it's hard to get, quit complaining about not getting 30+ RARE resources in a run.

I'm going to ignore the childish namecalling. I don't see how mentioning how much Forma you're going to use on Hydroid is relevant?

The issue here is DE releasing something that can possibly compete with Carriers before nerfing it HARD.

1 hour ago, Raxekem said:

Did it need forma to be usefull? Link-health,Pack Leader and full upgraded charm combined with inaros or any warframe that could run full melee, and you were golden.

Yes, it did.

I9mAtl1.png

1 hour ago, Raxekem said:

Oh and there are naramon crits aswell which made is even better. Then again even after this patch the kitty isn't worthless. It's 2x resource buff is great and doesn't just grant you double resoures but also gives you double affinity. Crit buff is great for the naramon crits or any skills like Exalted Blade, Primal Fury,etc. No reload buff with bow is pretty beastly. Ans free cast is always cool. So I for 1 don't think Smeeta is dead. You just have to use it for a different purpose.

The red crits are too random to be anything more than a fun gimmick. The Double affinity is only really useful if you're either leveling weapons or getting focus and, again, it too random. Double resources, while nice, isn't worth having to spend half the mission playing Roomba. Also, saying that "instant reload on bows is beastly" is one of the dumbest things ever. It's a bow. Lastly, the cast, again, is too random to be more than a gimmick. In theory, Smeeta kavats should be great.

homer-simpson-the-noted-academic-on-the-

So long as Carrier has vacuum, nothing else will come close now.

Also, inb4 "not everyone needs blah blah blahs!" which forgets about new players who do need blah blah blahs

Edited by TheTundraTerror

15 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

First of all, "The only other useful THING Smeeta does..."

What do you even mean? Care to complete the sentence?

Edit - Nvm, I just read my previous post. Big deal I missed a word at 4 a.m., although you could fully understand what I wanted to convey. Meh.

Second, more crit is ALWAYS welcome,

Right, we totally need Red crits on our OP weapons to deal with 5 mins of Starchart survival or 4 Rounds of Xini. /s

Third, try saying that again if you have to reload a Sobek or Supra in the middle of a firefight,

Try using Parkour to dodge and hide, then reload. Try switching to Secondary or Melee. Try doing what you do when you do not have the reload buff and need to reload Supra. And stop trying so hard to justify 1 out of 6 buffs that has a chance of 28% to occur to only instant reload once. You look desperate to prove it's useful.

Fourth, I typically cast around 7-8 abilities in those 10 seconds, and there's always enemies around when it does occur,

Good for you. But I do not spam. And if I do spam, everything dies with 2 hits. So, I suppose it might be useful to you, but it is downright useless for me.

and fifth, it's preventing damage ALONGSIDE giving you overshield.

Yes, because in a horde shooter, mitigating 1 hit matters a lot. /s

And overshields are so important that hardly anyone uses them.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

NOOOOOOOOO

2 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

UNEVEN<-- WHAT.

you get a 1 in 6~ chance, to get 1 and only 1 rare resource, meanwhile you get nothing, over and over and over, while you need to run around picking up everything instead of focusing on the fight

You have to focus to pick things up? So you can't multi-task that's your problem.

3 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

it 'may' drop a few more then you would anyway in an endless run, sure, that would do...? something, annoy me mostly, ow wait thats in case if ANYONE WAS RUNING ENDLESS ANYMORE.

Only time I see squads or recruiting is for endless. I also almost exclusively run endless unless I'm ranking a melee weapon or warframe.

4 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

150 overshield : use, none.

I actually agree here.

5 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

red crit: kinda ok on ocasion, for anyone who has decent weps, doesnt matter at all

Yeah because 5x dmg is in no way useful if I have a nice weapon?

6 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

instant reload: almost never even in use

Well again I agree.

6 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

10 sec free powers : pfff, very very very rarely has any effect

5 free casts of tentacle swarm or desecrate.... Yeah you're right not worth it.

7 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

120 sec of affinity&resource drop : in theory everything can look nice, in practise maybe 40 sec are usefull at best. (maybe 60 in survivals)

*Practice *Useful     That was the other part I had to wait for charm for when wanting to extract.. or rather got yelled at for not listening when people didn't want to extract.

9 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

so good, considering you skin your butt trying to get a smeeta, scaning over and over and over, get adarza, restart, get another adarza, restart, on and on and on, and finaly when you do get a bloody smeeta, sink 7 fkin forma into it, YOU GET S#&amp;&#036; ON.

Again with the complaining about forma... 6 I'll say it again SIX FORMA into my KUBROW and it doesn't have CHARM! So the amount of forma you throw at any object in the game is NOT a valid argument. 2 I've scanned 5 kavats and gotten 3 genetic codes... so not relevant... and I can trade 1 mod I have for 4 smeeta imprints.... so irrelevant again.

13 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

UNEVEN<-- WHAT.

Yes when the majority of players are getting 0-3 rare resources a run and a small group are getting 30+ a run I would call that uneven.

Still no fix for dark split sword in the profile. 

Also why nerf smeeta? Getting stacks of resource was the major selling point of charm changing it to single pickup essentially puts charm below vacuum in terms of usefulness. No doubt this is in response to people who don't have one and aren';t willing to put in the effort tog et one whining that it gives people an advantage over them. Why is this a problem if u work harder u should have an advantage.

Edited by Zacatzontli