Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

[DE]Megan

In My opinion this change is taking it to far  "Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type." so that means the small chance that charm cast this buff it not worth it anymore cause by the sound of it i makes only one of the resource which kills people's desire to use the smeeta in the first place so in my opinion i say it needs to be atleast making 1-3 and make it to where it rarely gives 3 and commonly gives 1 or 2 which in my opinion is more fair.

'balanced nerf' , right to the point where no one will use it again, ever
a billion other bugs that haven't been fixed or even looked at but 'hey lets nerf smeeta' 

'ow hurr durr nothing needs 5 argons' really, 1 item in particular yea maybe not, except when you do need, it you're usualy crafting a bunch.
and ow wait, they decay every day , so you have to farm right before you want to craft something, and then usualy spend all of your time wasted on that because heaven forfkinbid that you take a break while getting stuff for crafting things.

'players shouldnt be relying on broken mechanics ' , yea tell that to every tonkor and synoid user. 

you could be active and have fun, not grind yourself into madness

" You should be glad you actually have something in the game that gives you some extra drops and potentially doubles them. They could have easily not put it in the game, but they did.

considering what they just did, they shouldnt have added it at all
they just threw away everything the newer poor bastards were scaning their brain out on.

for 1 item only, once in maybe 5 min, i wont bring it with me, ever , because while am waiting for that 1 proc in middle of nowhere, besides killing things i have to go grab, every single item mid hordes of mobs, which on any higher lvl mission as it progresses is such a good thing to worry about instead of fighting

in 20 min, you'll get, MAYBE 4 items. maybe. while having to shoot everything, keep your teammates alive, keep you alive, keep the stupid cat alive who dies all the time unless you're on inaros, and ow its so much FUN ACTIVLY PLAYING as your cat stops to stare into the abyss every so often 
so in about 20 min you may or may not get 4 items~, while ressing your cat as many times

That Smeeta nerf is just sad, as if grinding bosses or endless mobs for rare resources is bad enough, especially for Argons (Screw Control Modules), the nerf practically makes Smeeta not worth bringing to farming sessions anymore.

At least up the drop rates for certain rare resources, especially Argons (which is supposed to be The Void's rare resource, not those good for nothing Control Modules). Argon might as well be classified "ultra-rare" because of those damn Control Modules, which is practically 99% of "rare" resource drops in The Void.

As if the grind in Warframe is bad enough..

If DE just buffed something significant in the same updates that they nerfed things that are significant, I doubt people would be so upset. Like, yeah there would be people that still complained about the nerfs, but at least there would be at least some level of compensation for them. After all, it's called game BALANCE, not game WEAKEN.

Like, Mag is still in a really bad place; So is Oberon. Those could use buffs. If you nerfed smeetas but said "Hey, that might suck, but polarize actually strips shields and armor at later levels where it actually matters with a full power strength build now and magnetize absorbs actually significant damage for the in-bubble DoT" or "We reworked oberon so he has a better place in team composition", we would be like "Alright, at least we have that." But this just seems like "Go bug yourself for paying loads of plat to get your smeeta. Carrier and Helios are the only companions you should ever use."

I would have liked it if instead of nerfing the existing ability that activates like once every 30 seconds (if that) into the ground and therefore gets in the way of actually useful abilities, replace it with an interesting ability that makes up for it like some kind of CC ability because we still have the double resource ability on the kavat, or remove it entirely but increase the frequency of charm proccing. Instead we get this. Why do you hurt us like this? It's not nice.

Edited by Haldos
Removed profanity.

5 hours ago, Berdache said:

Exactly how many have you scanned?  When did you reach 50%?  How many more have you scanned since getting 50%?  

I think you might just be close but not quite there.  I told people I was over halfway for a while then when I wrote them all down and marked off what I actually had I was only at like 30% it just seemed like more because I had completed a couple full tile sets.

This would be a huge mistake for them to do this.  Do you really want the one last thing in the game that requires some effort to be given to everyone?  If you're at 100+ for either of the 2 rare Ceres ones you just don't realize how rare it actually is.  The Extraction tile took me between 200 and 300 missions and for the Train room I was over 400.  They should have made more of them in extremely rare places.  No one should be able to scan all of these in a day or even a week.  It's okay to have things in a game take effort and be tedious enough that the MAJORITY of players just quit before finishing.  That, in my opinion, is what makes things like this worth achieving.

well ... I usually find all the spot or room which the Kuria exist in 3 runs at max am not sure how you say the train room or extraction took you 200 ... am not saying that you are lying but from my experience all of the room are easily found and usually spawn most of the time in all missions for the exception of certain tile set in rescue Uranus for example (tile sets which only appear in certain type of missions) but the Ceres tile set that I mention is nightmare ... I got your point about making this thing rare but again at what price ? we gain nothing so far from scanning the Kuria for the exception of orbiter Decoration and some profile logo, Kuria was part of the game for very long time its not like that its something new which we will expect reward for after some time ... at least that how its look for now. That is my opinion and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

>"Smeeta is Crap, now i will use Carrier Again, this is horrible!"

>30 Seconds Red Crits with every Weapons
>2 Minutes booster that mighty stack with a normal One
>10 Second Infinite Energy.
>Still have the possibility to gave like 3-4 Resource to Mission.

I expected this nerf to be honest, because that ability was WAY exaggerated combine with that, because in like...10 minutes in mission, i get like 12 Argons. And thanks for that Kavat, i actually now have 100 Neurods. NEURODS, WHICH I ALWAYS HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH THAT.

But ehy. "We want all and now".

Edit: I heard on the wiki that the nerf was only 3-6 to 1-4.
It's really "dead", uh. :^)

Edited by xS0nico

13 hours ago, Buldozers said:

So Smeeta is basically :poop: now. Back to Carrier.

dlVDI9H.png

yeah ikr, red crits on sorties with tanky mobs, in maps with resources you don't need. totally worthless.  Rare resources aren't even hard to farm. The double pickups and affinity is the real benefit of smeetas.

5 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

As I pointed out, the nerf is not a problem

Let's be honest - it is not a problem for you but for other people it is( no one wants to do 20 waves defence for just one neural sensor again and again while need is over 10 a day)!

Also they do easiest thing for them - they just nerf numbers(one touch to DB and done).

They don't wish to improve AI for months and months to make it at lest reliable.

I surely understand that making better AI is hard, they have lot of other things to work on so they try avoid it when possible.

What i would do on their place? I would nerf drop amounts too BUT i would increase chance of it and other buffs like from "28% evely 27sec to 50% every 15 sec" and put trigger to stop AI when afk like carrier AI stops when afk.

Still not much work to do - just 3 touches to DB but my variant rewards active players while taking away afk exploit. 

13 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

Let's be honest - it is not a problem for you but for other people it is( no one wants to do 20 waves defence for just one neural sensor again and again while need is over 10 a day)!

Also they do easiest thing for them - they just nerf numbers(one touch to DB and done).

They don't wish to improve AI for months and months to make it at lest reliable.

I surely understand that making better AI is hard, they have lot of other things to work on so they try avoid it when possible.

What i would do on their place? I would nerf drop amounts too BUT i would increase chance of it and other buffs like from "28% evely 27sec to 50% every 15 sec" and put trigger to stop AI when afk like carrier AI stops when afk.

Still not much work to do - just 3 touches to DB but my variant rewards active players while taking away afk exploit. 

Is that cause you are lazy and just don't want to have a challenge to craft something you picked up out of your clan dojo?

Either way after all of thos weeks the peopel that ran Smeeta shouldn't even be begging for a balance they got mor rare mats then they can hope fo anyways. And believe me I know. having between 1500-4000 of each rare mat is too much. 

Don't cry, you had your fun, now put effort into farming again.

33 minutes ago, DYPR4X said:

rip traces farming?

The charm trigger they mentioned only involves materials such as orokin cells,neurodes,etc. The double resource buff can still proc and will still give you double traces if triggered when picking up the last reactant.

1 hour ago, AmandusTyr said:

Good to see that DE focuses on fixing important and broken stuff, oh wait....

So 3-6 Resource (And that can happend multiple times) casualy wasn't broken. 
And wow, what a broken Nerf, to 3-6 to 1-3.

1 hour ago, Geraion said:

Why? Long-ish CD on charm, and 1/8 chance every time to even get the resource charm, AND the smeeta doesn't pick any loot up for you otherwise. It wasn't OP.

Taking like 20 rare resorces in less that 20 minutes wasn't OP.
Not only that, but Red Crits, Infinite Energy, and 2 Minutes Stackable booster.

Not OP at all!

40 minutes ago, DYPR4X said:

rip traces farming?

They didn't change the 2 Minutes Resource booster.

All of this "Smeeta is death" comments are hilarious.

Edited by xS0nico

15 hours ago, knighthawke said:

@Eldritchkitty The fact that it no longers drops absurd amounts of rare resources isn't the problem.  The problem is that they nerfed this highly beneficial aspect of the companion so drastically that it no longer competes with Carrier.  As many people have said, DE did not need to drop the amount of rare resources down to 1 from what it was, I saw a very resonable suggestion of 1-3.  That chance to drop only 1 rare resource is not worth giving up vaccum for, that's what everyone is "freaking out over".  Not to mention the people who took the time to actually get a Smeeta Kavat just had one of its most attractive features essentially removed which is incredibly frustrating due to the time sink compared to the oh so consistant Carrier.

Not to mention: Nerfs are all we get lately.

The prevalence of Nullifiers on all Fissures is an indirect Nerfs to buff frames, shotguns, bows and snipers. Because those needed to be less useful, right?

They nerfed Frost and Atlas via the Nullifier buff.

They totally nerfed our prime acquisition, with no sharing and no multi part endless runs.

The nerfed Syndicate rep.

Credit nerf.

The ability of Napalm to hit through walls and the automatic fire procs on missions with that hazard is an indirect Nerfs to already useless shields.

They nerf Smeeta now.

The game is turning into Nerfframe