Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

[DE]Megan

Just now, Katinka said:

There seems to be some confusion over this one.  Which Charm ability was affected?  Was it:

a)  The double pick-ups ability that lasts 120 seconds and allows extra Void Trace, Affinity, plant extracts and Syndicate tokens?

b) The instant Rare Resource that gave half a dozen Neural Sensors/Orokin Cells/Neurodes/Argon Crystals at a time and could easily occur 5 times in a short mission?

I don't mind if it's 'b' and it's gone from 3-6 to 1-2 per time but 'a' was pretty much the selling point of Smeeta.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

There seems to be some confusion over this one.  Which Charm ability was affected?  Was it:

a)  The double pick-ups ability that lasts 120 seconds and allows extra Void Trace, Affinity, plant extracts and Syndicate tokens?

b) The instant Rare Resource that gave half a dozen Neural Sensors/Orokin Cells/Neurodes/Argon Crystals at a time and could easily occur 5 times in a short mission?

I don't mind if it's 'b' and it's gone from 3-6 to 1-2 per time but 'a' was pretty much the selling point of Smeeta.

The latter ability was changed. Charm now only drops 1 rare resource instead of 3-6.

Edited by HighlyUnorthodox

So you nerf the only useful companion other than Carrier? Good job, DE...

Personally, I will still use my Kavat, but seriously? I know some people got crazy amounts of resources, but why don't you just make it less frequent rather than make it one resource? At least we still have the double XP. Kubrow buff soon? I would love to use my kubrow again but the Kavat and carrier are just so much more useful...

EDIT: Though, to be honest, I do think you could have set a limit on how much you get maybe depending on how rare it was, instead of one all around,.

Edited by Klawatherfury
Adding to post + Suggestion

lol

The specific Charm ability that got nerfed wasn't even that good, i mean comeon, since when do you actually NEED 70 neural sensors anyhow?

There's still the 30 second guaranteed red crits, the 10 seconds 100% power efficiency and the 120 second double affinity and pickups buffs, which to me at least are far more useful. 

It's not the end of the world, people, move along.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

then I don't see why there is so much fuss.  The doubling effect was the stronger part of the ability anyway.

Some players are just angry that they can't rely on exploiting their companion to gain dozens of rare resources in a single run with no effort. It's not even that difficult to farm for them without Charm.

1 minute ago, Rainbow_Dashu said:

I didn't want to abuse getting an extreme lot of rare resources, just use my kavat for fun, maybe for the other buffs.

I'm sorry I didn't want to jump in with the exploiting bandwagon.

Using something the game developer provided in exactly the way it was designed to be used is NOT exploiting. 

Sooo, developers trying to add more companions, but after a while they get nerfed - just to make us sure, carrier is the best option.
Do you remember, when diriga was a nice floating buddy next to your frame?

Time to put that nice kitten into cryosleep. Forever.

And to add one thing instead of fixing the kuria thing of profile .... FIX the spawn rate of rarest tile set in the game in Ceres which i think its 12-2 , 12 - 3 ... played this game for more than a year just saw that room 3 or 4 time and was not aware about the kuria at that time and since near 4 days with almost 100+ missions of all kinds never saw it even once.

Just now, Praxxor said:

Don't worry, I won't defend it, it was sweet while it lasted, but it was hella broken.

I know, it's just people are flipping out insanely over this when infact, it was nerfed to the way I thought it was to begin with, the way the wikia said how it worked at first: Only 1 rare resource, *low chance*.