[DE]Megan

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

at least Smeeta is cool Ship Decor.. 

I will never take her on a mission again

Back to Carrier \ Shade - they are useful..

Edited by ScorpyX

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed missing Hyena variants in the Codex.

Well, that's great and all, but unfortunately ...

28 minutes ago, Tweekey said:

It's great that you fixed the Hyena models being in the codex, but Vem Tabook isn't in there, nor is the Jordas Golem. Can you fix? :3

There's still many other entries missing. Going from this topic, I've confirmed the following myself :

• Infested Chroma
  • Bailiffs (& variants)
  • Maroo
  • Darvo
  • Vem Tabook
  • Grineer Manic
  • Arcane Boiler
  • Security Cameras

I've also seen reports of:

Also, still no word about the Itzal's research costs increase: undocumented change or bug ?

Same thing about Nightmare missions.

Edited by Alenn_Tax
  • Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed missing Hyena variants in the Codex.

Thanks a lot, but i've also noticed that Mutalist Alad V is missing too.

At this point I should rally for massive nerf to Carrier to have only 0.1 m range of vaccum then the present 10m. Cuz it's about gamebreaking as other stuff. The thing is nerfing an ability is ok. But when one is nerfed and other is exploited not so good DE. Not all of us like a huge eggplant near our head banging stuff and clogging up screens.

TY very much for this wonderful update. Will be remembered very well by community.

• Upvote 3

I would like to personally thank DE for killing the only viable replacement for carrier!

Now I shall go back to using carrier!

• Upvote 6

Why they nerf my luck kitty so hard? I think the multiple resources made it more noticeable. agreed like getting 7 of a rare resource is a bit TOO great, but like 3 would have been enough to still be "lucky" 1 is just a cruddy buff.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently nobody realizes Adarza Kavat gives the entire team guaranteed redcrits for 10sec with a 20sec cooldown, using any weapon with 20% crit, with just Point Strike added. So, only Carrier is useful for anything, namely saving you a little time gathering energy and rare resources/mods. In mission types where you're actually leaving a 50m area. Versus a companion which gives the entire team, presumably, a 4x damage multiplier or much, much larger. And we won't discuss the companions that make you invisible or stun priority targets or groups. Or, you know, everything else smeeta still does. Nah... the only thing to say is, smeeta is now useless, because it isn't flooding any more hundreds of neurodes you'll never use into your inventory. Unless you, actually, tactically, gather the neurodes from the double pickups buff of smeeta when you're killing sentients.

No, the companion system is completely useless again.

Edited by Davnikus
  • Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Getting 20+ argons or whatever in a single missions when the resource was designed to be rare (excluding control modules, wtf) was just broken.

People do not think at all before putting forward their arguments, do them?

Getting 20 Argon Crystals in a single mission may look broken, but it does not matter, at least for Argon Crystals. Because it does not matter if you have 100 Argon Crystal. Most of the times when new weapons/warframes are released that need Argon Crystals, people will still need to run Void missions, because those 100 Crystals would have decayed by then.

All Smeeta Kavat did was reduce the number of runs from 2 or 3 to 1. Most things in Warframe need 2 to 3 Argon Crystals, maybe 5. One can easily get 5 Crystals in 2 to 3 runs (1 if endless). Smeeta might have given people 20 in 1 run, but was all 20 of them useful at all? People probably needed just 5, so getting 20 was redundant.

However, what Smeeta did do is reduce the grind for Neural Sensors and Neurodes. As a matter of fact, DE should do something about Neural sensors dropping only in Jupiter.

And honestly, DE should increase the Neural Sensors and Neurodes drop rate, especially, due to the fact that the number of Neural Sensors needed to make things have  increased over time. We, veterans, might not have any trouble because we probably stockpiled them, but the grind is horrible for new players, especially, Neural Sensors.

But no, instead DE would nerf the only other companion that could complete with Carrier. Totally Logical.

• Upvote 9

40 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a crash when attempting to Alt+F4 out of a Conclave game

And here i thought it was just an automatic rage quit function.

Edited by IronSky98
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rainbow_Dashu said:

And yet people defend this to no end.

Because this screen shot doesn't show jack squat? How many people were running increase chance of resource drops? How long did this mission last... on and on..

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type.

Ahh good, I was actually planning on getting a Smeeta recently but I don't have to spend the time to farm codes for it anymore, thanks DE

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Davnikus said:

Apparently nobody realizes Adarza Kavat gives the entire team guaranteed redcrits for 10sec with a 20sec cooldown, using any weapon with 20% crit, with just Point Strike added. So, only Carrier is useful for anything, namely saving you a little time gathering energy and rare resources/mods. In mission types where you're actually leaving a 50m area. Versus a companion which gives the entire team, presumably, a 4x damage multiplier or much, much larger. And we won't discuss the companions that make you invisible or stun priority targets or groups. Or, you know, everything else smeeta still does. Nah... the only thing to say is, smeeta is now useless, because it isn't flooding any more hundreds of neurodes you'll never use into your inventory. Unless you, actually, tactically, gather the neurodes from the double pickups buff of smeeta when you're killing sentients.

No, the companion system is completely useless again.

Uhh, so what youre really saying is, Adarza Kavat gives 60% crit, and red crits if youre above 40% crit base. Why make it so convoluted? As much as i love giving my team mates crit, i think ill stick with carrier or smeeta, cause i like loot more than i like you (no offense).

Edited by Skaleek
  • Upvote 1

Kinda funny all the people complaining about how smeeta is useless, not knowing the legend of the Red Crit Nukor

13 minutes ago, Rainbow_Dashu said:

I know, it's just people are flipping out insanely over this when infact, it was nerfed to the way I thought it was to begin with, the way the wikia said how it worked at first: Only 1 rare resource, *low chance*.

The wiki was updated to reflect the changes of the patch...

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, ScorpyX said:

at least Smeeta is cool Ship Decor..

lol not with the bulls*** DNA degradation when they're not even mature

3 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

People do not think at all before putting forward their arguments, do them?

I think quite well before putting forth my arguments, thank you.  To say I do not think is an insult to my intelligence and against the rules of this forum.  Please refrain from doing so.

4 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

the grind is horrible for new players, especially, Neural Sensors.

Agreed, never said smeeta wasn't useful, but bashing and whining about the change won't help anyone but the ravaged ego of the person bashing or whining.

I'm quite positive there will be dozens of threads popping up today about this change (nerf) and the change hasn't even been tested by players yet, maybe it isn't all that bad?

Besides, as you said neural sensors need to be on more planets, some of the rarer resources need to be slightly less rare.  Wouldn't asking for THOSE changes be better for new players rather than depending on a 5 forma smeeta that takes far longer to farm up/ purchase with plat than it would to farm resources for new players.

Or did new players come fully equipped with a charmed smeeta at the ready for all their resource needs up until now?  Instead of freaking out over the band-aid fix of smeeta giving tons of resources being removed, how about focusing on the gaping wound that band-aid no longer covers.

If that was too unclear, don't complain a single aspect of smeeta was changed, if resource gathering is a problem, focus on that instead.  Not every everyone, especially new players, had a Smeeta, so arguing it was great for them isn't really an argument at all.

• Upvote 1