[DE]Megan

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

Can you fix the Castanas having the actual worst accuracy of any weapon I've seen in the game (even though they say 100%)? They are a fun weapon, even if they suck at higher levels, but you cant even hit a mob 10 feet in front of you with all your projectiles with multishot.

Edit: Also, now I REALLY wish I had gotten a crit cat instead of the smeeta....

Edited by fatalsilence
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

czEURHG.gif

• Upvote 11

Be me

Knows about Adarza red crits

Using Smeeta to build up stocks of rare

Getting red crits with Smeeta

Needing to reexamine Charm's table

... profits?

16 minutes ago, ScorpyX said:

at least Smeeta is cool Ship Decor.. 

I will never take her on a mission again

Because 30 second red crits is useless, double affinity gain and double pickups is useless.  Seriously, one small portion of a very unpredictable ability changes and the entire thing is useless now?

Sad.  For you. 

• Upvote 2

ok here's the problem with nerfing smeeta its not that it wasnt to powerful ,it was, but even with that power it only just competed with carrier and often didn't win, this is for a few reasons.

first carrier and smeeta both did things that our frames didnt, the reason that no other sentinel is used is because our frames have there abilities but better. 

second carrier and smeeta are both quality of life companions that increase efficiency when farming or grinding which is huge in a game like this.

third is smeeta kavats are a pain to get you require 20 dna fragments to start and even then there not guaranteed whereas carrier is simple to get and theres no reason to get anything else. 

there are ways to fix this mainly by altering existing sentinals or giving new abilities, helios for example if the delay was removed for the scan i would use him more as now it puts me in danger to scan and often the targets dead before the scan hits.

one ability to give to a sentinal that could compete with carrier is that on a double tap of an ability it would set it to cycle the cast, e.g on vex armour when the time limit was up it would recast the ability renewing it id take it even for a small energy amount. Its a QoL feature like carrier that has a use on most frames but not necessarily all.

Edited by magicbirdy
  • Upvote 6

@[DE]Steve @[DE]Rebecca

Wont quote anything specific but just this

The way DE kept doing things here since VOID 2.0 was gradually making me discouraged of playing the ONCE CONSIDERED GREAT GAME. And today I am strongly feeling like my other Vet friends that its not that thing anymore and we better keep our awesome memories we had with it safe from getting nerfed.

Seriously, now I think there are some ill minds working inside to make this game a disaster. You guys one by one taking things out which people love and stay in this game for. Firstly why would you develop such a mechanic (considered to be broken afterwards) and attract people towards it, secondly why would you allow people to stay with it by encouraging them (to take the interest away later on) and finally why would you take that thing out or nerf it down to the abyss (to kill the hearts of users whom your business rely on or may be not...!!!) and create a mass fuss of sadness & frustration.

Also there are some ill minded users here who publicly shout out their evil laughter on others to create some serious emotional issues which lead to leaving the game for some people and yeah yeah I know if 10 leaves then 100 will come right? thats your policy of community development/maintenance.

From today onward I wont bother thinking about Warframe like I used to. RIP

Edited by AhmadIYE
  • Upvote 8

56 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Smeeta nerf. Figures since I've been grinding for one. Sorry everyone. My bad.

You mean after the majority of people have already got one. On to the next OP. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes

• Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

Ugh and to think Neural Sensor Farming would be an easy thing while just running Reactor Sabo runs taking my time or just 40 minutes in a DS-Survival coming out with oodles of them.....

Back to Carrier -> Carrier Prime people!

Edited by Azurian-Draguard
Color makes everything pretty.
  • Upvote 4

"

• Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

"

brace-yourselves-it-has-begun.jpg

]\'[

• Upvote 2

:|
they didnt just nerf smeta's charm in term of that resource drop. they just threw it out of the @(*()$ window all together

1 item, and 1 item only :|
thats not, 'ow you know, we kinda overdid it you're getting stuff too fast' nononono
thats 'ow F*** you, and F*** your smeta and F*** the resources, you aint getting S#&$, ever. die." 

tnx de.tnx :|

• Upvote 4

Seems like the impact of the charm resource drop ability could have been anticipated.  Like others have voiced, I am not sure why the rare resource drop count range 3- 6 would have been implemented in the first place, only to later be nerfed.  Is so little investment put into features that trying to anticipate the effect of the change is not done?  It seems liek a case where data and maths would have been able to project the extent to which inventories would grow.

I recognize that DE has to find a sweet spot between keeping rares rare while not making the grind such that people voice legitimate complaints.  But the story here does no add up in my opinion.  I also think that the original parameter was too high.  So what the heck happened?

• Upvote 4

There was a really need to nerf smeetha in this way?

Please put it as it was before.

• Upvote 3

There's only one thing I look forward to seeing nerfed on these updates/hotfixes so I can actively go back to playing Warframe as I used to, Synoid Simulor. Everything else just pushes me further away...

Edited by Duduminador
  • Upvote 5

man, this isnt just a tweak or a nerf to make it more... you know, not crazy, this is downright murder of that part of the charms buff
its random between a bunch of other stuff, but this wasnt ow, you get 1-3 or something, no this just downright, screw you, you get 1 only 

you almost made a little progress in how people are using 'companions'

back to using my carrier prime, forever and ever.

:|

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I think quite well before putting forth my arguments, thank you.  To say I do not think is an insult to my intelligence and against the rules of this forum.  Please refrain from doing so.

I did not mean it as an insult, not even an indirect one. I apologize if it seemed that way.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Besides, as you said neural sensors need to be on more planets, some of the rarer resources need to be slightly less rare.  Wouldn't asking for THOSE changes be better for new players rather than depending on a 5 forma smeeta that takes far longer to farm up/ purchase with plat than it would to farm resources for new players.

Yes, asking for those changes would be nice. But the problem is - Those suggestions were made numerous times over the years. Yet DE don't seem to acknowledge that and have not added any other source of Neural Sensors.

And that is my problem. DE is so fast on nerfing anything and everything that would reduce grind, for new players and veterans alike. But when it comes to reducing grind, it takes them ages. I get it, Grind is needed. But sometimes it is too much.

Think about it. Every source of reducing grinding is always nerfed. Hydroid was getting used like other useful Warframes, but no, DE had to nerf Pilfering Swarm. And then, it took them months to at least make Pilfering Swarm re-castable. Nekros was never OP with 100% HP orb spawn. Nekros could desecrate numerous corpses at once. Not anymore. While I appreciate the ability being a continuous ability now, the efficiency of desecrate has reduced.

DE hardly reduces grind, yet, they do not delay in nerfing things that reduce grind.

17 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Instead of freaking out over the band-aid fix of smeeta giving tons of resources being removed, how about focusing on the gaping wound that band-aid no longer covers.

As said earlier, many people over the years have complained and suggested for addition of more sources of Neural Sensors, to increase the drop rate of Neurodes, but did DE listen?

But no one complained about Smeeta. In fact, many used Smeeta over Carrier, which is the king of companions.

20 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Not every everyone, especially new players, had a Smeeta, so arguing it was great for them isn't really an argument at all.

Getting a Kavat is not as hard as you make it sound. I am not referring MR1,MR2 type of new players. However, MR4+ can easily get a Kavat. How hard is it? 10-15 ODEs and 100 plat, that too if you want a good looking Smeeta. You can easily get 2 imprints for 50-70p if you go for Persian Head Smeeta.

And it does not even matter for those that do not have it. The argument was not for the ones that did not have Smeeta. The argument was for those new players that had Smeeta. So, the argument is indeed valid.

Not only new players, even veterans like me liked it. It gave me hope that I might come out of a void mission with enough Argon Crystals to start building something. Without that, I would be back to running 3-4 missions, which I do not have the slightest desire to, because I have sick of the Void tileset having played the game for over 2000 hours.

• Upvote 6

It's a @(*()$ pain to obtained kavat, a friend advise me to get smeeta to earn more void traces, i've only the other kavat for the moment, i think that now i'm #*($%%@... thx DE...

• Upvote 2

smeeta gave lots of resources, and OFC we all expected some tweak in that to make it a little more, not crazy

but they just might have said 'ow you know what, we're removing that part all together, screw you guys for having anything' 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Lovely, I JUST got my first Kavat 10 minutes ago after finally taking the time to get 20 genetic codes and oh look at that its a Smeeta.  Its ok i didnt want a new companion anyway.

Edited by knighthawke
  • Upvote 3

Hope everything goes well at PAX for you guys!

However there is still no fix for this: 

Edited by Hexeract

of all the thing they could fix ....they nerfed a cat that randomly gives resources.. great job DE...bravo

• Upvote 2