Jump to content
[DE]Megan

The Silver Grove: U1.2 + U1.3

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Davnikus said:

Apparently nobody realizes Adarza Kavat gives the entire team guaranteed redcrits for 10sec with a 20sec cooldown, using any weapon with 20% crit, with just Point Strike added. So, only Carrier is useful for anything, namely saving you a little time gathering energy and rare resources/mods. In mission types where you're actually leaving a 50m area. Versus a companion which gives the entire team, presumably, a 4x damage multiplier or much, much larger. And we won't discuss the companions that make you invisible or stun priority targets or groups. Or, you know, everything else smeeta still does. Nah... the only thing to say is, smeeta is now useless, because it isn't flooding any more hundreds of neurodes you'll never use into your inventory. Unless you, actually, tactically, gather the neurodes from the double pickups buff of smeeta when you're killing sentients.

No, the companion system is completely useless again.

Everyone realizes what other companions offer.

However, you fail to realize that those abilities are not required at all. Most people do not care for a 10 second Red crit buff. They do not need red crits to play the game. Our weapons and Warframes are more than enough to deal with every type of mission. This has become even more apparent due to the reduction of Endless missions being played.

5 Minutes of even the highest level Survival does not require red crits or Shade or Huras cloaking at all.

Any damage ability or damage buff ability from a companion is highly redundant. Our Warframes and weapons can already reach crazy numbers in terms of damage.

However, most people would prefer to not miss out on that Rare mod that dropped in the last round of an Defense because the game does not give enough time to run around and loot. And that is why majority of the people use Carrier.

Smeeta is actually able to compete with Carrier. People are willing to let go of Carrier's convenience for more resources.

Also, if majority of players prefer Carrier or Smeeta and you feel that they are ignorant about other companions, then maybe, just maybe, you are the one who has got the wrong idea.

Edited by DEADSHOT456
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remember to fix this DE, TY. Relic Drop in Interceptions mission broken (Cinxia, Ceres as far as I know.)

2 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

smeeta gave lots of resources, and OFC we all expected some tweak in that to make it a little more, not crazy

but they just might have said 'ow you know what, we're removing that part all together, screw you guys for having anything' 

 

Yeah, I feel Sentinels and Kubrow should be another option to boost game enjoyment. Or if you are a looter types, then you would go for Dig Kubrow or Drop Kavat. However, I don't know what DE's stand on helpful pet, and having Sentinel is actually worth having against not just another Carrier.

Nothing is wrong with Carriers, but from the bottom of my guts, I feel Digital Extremem should revert some changes/game balance on Sentinels like Shade and Carrier, therefore increasing the play-ability. Or changes a bit of details from the least used Sentinel or Kubrow to GREATLY improve people playing those Sentinel.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unbelievable 

right when i was thinking 'ow you know, they're slowly going in the right direction'
nope : lets piss in the face of our entire player base
 

obnoxiously stupid decisions like this is why I and so many others have left the game for months or longer

and the way they're going about it, they're gonna lose more players.

if you wanted to shoot yourself in the foot, you just did it, among other times before >_>

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes

  • Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

 

@ [DE]Megan

What was the rationale behind setting the Smeeta resource drop rate as high as it was in the first place?  Without data to support an opinion it seemed pretty high when it was implemented.

Thank you

 *Edit: Added hyperlink to individual addressed

Edited by Ironelle
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

Please remember to fix this DE, TY. Relic Drop in Interceptions mission broken (Cinxia, Ceres as far as I know.)

Yeah, I feel Sentinels and Kubrow should be another option to boost game enjoyment. Or if you are a looter types, then you would go for Dig Kubrow or Drop Kavat. However, I don't know what DE's stand on helpful pet, and having Sentinel is actually worth having against not just another Carrier.

Nothing is wrong with Carriers, but from the bottom of my guts, I feel Digital Extremem should revert some changes/game balance on Sentinels like Shade and Carrier, therefore increasing the play-ability. Or changes a bit of details from the least used Sentinel or Kubrow to GREATLY improve people playing those Sentinel.

theres literaly no use for ANYTHING other then a carrier , again
the vacuum mod is so invaluable to me and so many people for so long, and everything that the carrier can offer me
it can heal me, refill my shield, revive itself, shield me while am reviving someone + i actualy put a lot of effort into his wep as well so he can kill quite decently too

theres no use of any other sentinel, what so ever.
and the only thing that was a bit usefull to me, was the smeeta kavat up untill now, it pushed me just a tiny bit to not go with my carrier 100% of the time, but to actualy take the kavat with me, for fun and some help in resources, mostly argon/neural sensors since they're a pain the &#!, argons decay and i burn neurals so fast i dont even know anymore, at the very least, i always use em for crafting a forma
 

i have a wyrm prime for so long, i wont ever use it as it is, because carrier is so much more valuable to me, i can actualy focus on the fight, while carrier is keeping me in it and picking up stuff for me, stuff that tends to glitch in between walls and whatnot, that i couldnt get to, in any way.

am beyond angry.

i was just giving em credit that they're slowly improving their decisions for their playerbase, about to get some of my old friends back in...
 

and then this.

 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

Conclave changes and farm nerfs, because it's Friday. 

When there is nothing left, they will try to nerf that too. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type. 

So when I tell DE profits from purposely making OP stuff and nerfing when the hype is gone I get warning points... Well, I WON'T say it then.

There might be tons of other reasons.

EDIT: I feel like it's time to end my Kavabrow's misery  ;_;

dG0h8W4.png 

Edited by Sannidor
feels
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

theres literaly no use for ANYTHING other then a carrier , again
the vacuum mod is so invaluable to me and so many people for so long, and everything that the carrier can offer me
it can heal me, refill my shield, revive itself, shield me while am reviving someone + i actualy put a lot of effort into his wep as well so he can kill quite decently too

theres no use of any other sentinel, what so ever.
and the only thing that was a bit usefull to me, was the smeeta kavat up untill now, it pushed me just a tiny bit to not go with my carrier 100% of the time, but to actualy take the kavat with me, for fun and some help in resources, mostly argon/neural sensors since they're a pain the &#!, argons decay and i burn neurals so fast i dont even know anymore, at the very least, i always use em for crafting a forma
 

i have a wyrm prime for so long, i wont ever use it as it is, because carrier is so much more valuable to me, i can actualy focus on the fight, while carrier is keeping me in it and picking up stuff for me, stuff that tends to glitch in between walls and whatnot, that i couldnt get to, in any way.

am beyond angry.

i was just giving em credit that they're slowly improving their decisions for their playerbase, about to get some of my old friends back in...
 

and then this.

 

Ah you express your rage and anger in all it *******.

 Seriously, though Helios was my first Sentinel, got Shade after, found out Shade got changed(worst than Huras Kubrow, that bad).

Got the other Sentinel, they allright, but feel they are not their, their abilities need reworks/reboost while Carrier got changed from room pickup to close proximity pickup.

Overall, I didn't loose my anger about this topic of Sentinel, I saw Kavat release, didn't get lucky with Kavat (RNG, no ty). So you are quite lucky to have Smeeta Kavat, but I hope you understand where this game is going, DE will likely change (weaken) stronger things rather than reinforcing (buff) frames.

Overall, I can not agree this habit is a good idea to the game, as you are pretty much shaping viable games to a standard (which I've seen most game become too clear not my taste (like you literally have to spend one week to level up). Well I hope otherwise and had some hope that DE would turn around and pursuit their current unused frames into considerable WarFrame with Sentinel or Kubrow/Kavat that do some special things that can enhance game play.  

PS, Good Luck inviting your friends into WarFrame, I can tell you because this is a Play Free Ninja Space game, it has it grind and discouraging times.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its time to move on and leave Warframe with its beloved DEVS alone

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chance at max rank for charm taking place is 28% chance every 27 seconds. There are 6 different buffs. So assuming the chance of charm happening EVERY 27 seconds was 100%, then it would take you 2 minutes and 42 seconds to see each buff once. The chance of getting the rare resource can obviously happen multiple times in a row, just as every ability can, so that balances out over time (assuming DE made everything have the same chance to happen). So that 2 minutes 42 seconds for the rare resource to pop up ALSO now has to factor in the fact that the ability has a 28% chance to even occur (again can fail 10 times in a row but can also succeed 10 times so that balances out as well). 28% chance is roughly 1 in every 4 times. Which means that ON AVERAGE, the Smeeta after this change now will produce ONE RARE RESOURCE every 10 minutes and 48 seconds.

If anyone honestly thinks that is an acceptable amount they are out of their damn mind. It'd be better to bring a damn carrier because i'd be willing to bet over the course of an 11 minute run, he'll grab 1 extra rare resource for me. Bulls$$t nerf. At least tweak something for a better response if it doesn't work how you want it to. This basically just deleted it from the list of abilities.
GG DE first time you have truly ever disappointed me.
~Az

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Conclave changes and farm nerfs, because it's Friday. 

When there is nothing left, they will try to nerf that too. 

Less incentive for me to stick around, I do Sortie, get it over with, get Synd rep and get out or die trying. Right now would love to have DE to release War Within on planned date and "Get Back Focus on Things that Make WarFrame Awesome to Play Often".

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch down just a single drop on the smeeta charm, makes the ability hardly worth it to have in the rotation on charm, it's just filler now. Could have tried lowering from 3-6 drops to 1-4 drops or something and see how it went, then tweak it some more later. DE has never seemed to master the incremental change.

So Carrier is back to the way to go now. You might actually miss picking up a resource with the smeeta (actually you're prone to miss quite a bit) so Carrier will now net you more resources overall than Charm. Smeeta's still good for trace farming i guess (adarza is already better for crits and combat). All I can say is glad i've been using the smeeta since it was released to stock up, You knew they weren't going to leave it that powerful but down from 12 Sensors to 1 or 6 Celss/nuerodes to 1 is quite a drop.

Edited by Shockwave-
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Azlen said:

The chance at max rank for charm taking place is 28% chance every 27 seconds. There are 6 different buffs. So assuming the chance of charm happening EVERY 27 seconds was 100%, then it would take you 2 minutes and 42 seconds to see each buff once. The chance of getting the rare resource can obviously happen multiple times in a row, just as every ability can, so that balances out over time (assuming DE made everything have the same chance to happen). So that 2 minutes 42 seconds for the rare resource to pop up ALSO now has to factor in the fact that the ability has a 28% chance to even occur (again can fail 10 times in a row but can also succeed 10 times so that balances out as well). 28% chance is roughly 1 in every 4 times. Which means that ON AVERAGE, the Smeeta after this change now will produce ONE RARE RESOURCE every 10 minutes and 48 seconds.

If anyone honestly thinks that is an acceptable amount they are out of their damn mind. It'd be better to bring a damn carrier because i'd be willing to bet over the course of an 11 minute run, he'll grab 1 extra rare resource for me. Bulls$$t nerf. At least tweak something for a better response if it doesn't work how you want it to. This basically just deleted it from the list of abilities.
GG DE first time you have truly ever disappointed me.
~Az

You should check out some other sad changes that has taken place way before 2016. DE has made some "great decision" and really "terrible/awful" but it happen. If you are interested, you should know where to look.

It's the season of salt that has rose over WarFrame once again, 50% of Salt Storm, yuck.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Azlen

Good points.  What does the other side look like?  I ask out of ignorance.  At what rate does rare resources drop from a kill?  What is a reasonble kill rate for most frames (hard to answer, I know)? 

Thanks

Edit: Poor grammar.

Edited by Ironelle
Poor grammar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"

Ah you express your rage and anger in all it *******.

 Seriously, though Helios was my first Sentinel, got Shade after, found out Shade got changed(worst than Huras Kubrow, that bad).

Got the other Sentinel, they allright, but feel they are not their, their abilities need reworks/reboost while Carrier got changed from room pickup to close proximity pickup.

Overall, I didn't loose my anger about this topic of Sentinel, I saw Kavat release, didn't get lucky with Kavat (RNG, no ty). So you are quite lucky to have Smeeta Kavat, but I hope you understand where this game is going, DE will likely change (weaken) stronger things rather than reinforcing (buff) frames.

Overall, I can not agree this habit is a good idea to the game, as you are pretty much shaping viable games to a standard (which I've seen most game become too clear not my taste (like you literally have to spend one week to level up). Well I hope otherwise and had some hope that DE would turn around and pursuit their current unused frames into considerable WarFrame with Sentinel or Kubrow/Kavat that do some special things that can enhance game play.  

PS, Good Luck inviting your friends into WarFrame, I can tell you because this is a Play Free Ninja Space game, it has it grind and discouraging times.

 

"

i am angry, am unbelievable angry, because this isnt the first time this has happened 
this happened so many times, that it forced me to leave, because of how absurdly they destroy things
they have made a game, that has UNMATCHED potential. but they keep killing it. for every half of a good thing, they do 10 that are completely horrable
instead of fixing the problem, for each problem they make 2 new ones instead.

sentinels havent had any love, since i first started playing, to this day. the only usefull one in reality is carrier. beyond that, theres nothing but MR fodder

i truly want to love this game, i would want everyone to play it...
but when you keep intentionaly cutting the branch that you stand on, ALL THE TIME. i cant...

i have so much passion for it, but at this point this is becoming sadistic... as much as they 'show' that they interact with players and feedback, i feel times over, that they couldnt give care any less for us


am so saddened by all of this, i left once and came back to give it another chance

but if i leave this time, i will never come back. 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Smeeta's Charm ability, specifically the Resource related Charm, to give a single Resource pickup rather than a random stack of resources that may not be the appropriate size for the chosen Resource type

wtf megan...

come on...
now everyone will revert and use carrier again...
why nerf kavats... 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vyra said:

wtf megan...

come on...
now everyone will revert and use carrier again...
why nerf kavats... 

exactly, everyone will use carrier forever and ever
the worst thing is, there is so many new players who worked their butt off trying to get it, to help them boost their miserable resources so that they can actualy make things and progress
but all of their effort just got kicked in the face

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N7_Lotus said:

Very nice

very nice what is very nice the cat can give previously some 10 neural sensors or what ever resource was on the planet and now 1 ,plz nothing is nice

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vyra said:

wtf megan...

come on...
now everyone will revert and use carrier again...
why nerf kavats... 

Because Smeeta still has 6 more stupidly powerful buffs? C'mon people, Smeeta is more than a resource dispenser, 50 neural sensors while AFK-ing is not balanced at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eldritchkitty said:

To everyone freaking out over the tiny Smeeta nerf..  No,  just no.. it hasn't made it suddenly useless, it's just no longer crazy. 

That particular ability went from useful to useless. Most missions you will not get a single resource if you do the math. On some missions you might get 1. I'd rather have it not the rotation at all and get double pickups more often. 1 resource.... rather use carrier as it will not only get me that extra resource ever so often but aslo some extra plastds and polymers that I might miss, some endo/mods that might have dropped behind me, etc. When added up that ability was what compensated to losing out on some pickups over carrier, now ti doesn't. It's a big nerf from 12 Sensors to 1 or 6 Cells to 1. Should have made it 1-3 drops instead of 3-6.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LucyEven said:

exactly, everyone will use carrier forever and ever
the worst thing is, there is so many new players who worked their butt off trying to get it, to help them boost their miserable resources so that they can actualy make things and progress
but all of their effort just got kicked in the face

I worked hard to ( get )  and upgrade my kavat and i build almost everything around it.. now they kick in my face by nerfing my lovely feral companion .. 

@Megan please read the feedback you see we loved the kavats , give back old charm please.. if you truly love cats you will give back our meow charms!!!

Edited by Vyra
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the palatine hammer skin gonna get fixed on other hammers, right now you hold it with the back facing forward

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...