Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Builds

PMR25

Question

basically looking for some Melee builds as im a player who uses melee the most heck all the time so now i want to know what builds people are using and not anything specific like just something i can use that can let me join the missions no matter who or what is happening, i myself have a decent amount of melee's Orthos with 1 forma is my go 2 i also like Broken-War i have other but anything without forma won't be that gud i also being limited i use Elemental Builds and have set up for all factions along with plans to go that route on primary/secondary

another question i had is what is the longevity of primaries when even at maxed setup the ammo will run out is it dependant on the missions your doing ?

7 answers to this question

Melee is pretty straightforward to build for a new player. Pressure point, Fury and add Reach if you need it for the weapon. Then add elements with any extra points. If you add True Steel swap Fury for Berserker.

Long term you're looking for a weapon with at least 15% base crit chance, with the mods Primed Pressure Point, Blood Rush, Body Count, Organ Shatter and two elements for your target. Then add Primed Fury, Primed Reach and/or Berserker as needed.

Channeling and using a Killing Blow mod will depend on what frame you're using and what else you're doing, but it can be worthwhile, especially if you use electric or an electric combo since you can swap Stormbringer for Focus Energy to reduce channeling costs. If you get your hands on a Life Strike mod and want to use it, I suggest NOT ranking it up. Typically high end damage will fill your health very quickly so ranking up the mod just makes channeled attacks cost more.

For normal content like alerts and the star chart you shouldn't have ammo problems with most primary weapons if you're picking your targets. There are a few exceptions obviously but if you don't pick up ammo or you're spraying and praying then you're boned and it's your fault. :P

Secondaries often have very small max ammo pools, like 210 for some automatics. These can get you into trouble if you are trying to use them as your main weapon and you're not moving around enough.

(PROTIP: Team ammo restore packs.)

Edited by VKhaun

Typical Melee Build: http://goo.gl/sePasI

I would Recommend you only Forma V's into melee weapons and keep only one -- on the weapon as this will allow you to freely change element types.

I tend to use Primed Reach on majority of weapons. It's a conditional mod that can double or triple your damage output by striking 2 or 3 targets each hit when you may otherwise strike only 1. You might also consider Life Strike or True Steel.

Avg Damage per Hit is generally the most important stat for Melee.

In terms of Primary/Secondary ammo consumption heavily depends on trigger discipline. head-shot rate, modding and frame buffs. If you're solo you will eventually have ammo problems on an endless mission with RoF based weapons no matter what you do however in a well designed group you can take some of the bigger bullet hose weapons well past lvl 300 without using a single ammo pad. Swapping from primary to secondary before your ammo count is at half is generally a great way to keep efficient. Don't wait till you run out as you may move to another room by then and end up leaving a lot of pickups behind.

14 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I tend to use Primed Reach on majority of weapons. It's a conditional mod that can double or triple your damage output by striking 2 or 3 targets each hit when you may otherwise strike only 1. You might also consider Life Strike or True Steel.

I agree with this. Just keep in mind that Channeling costs are paid per target hit. If you're rolling with Life Strike and Primed Reach, channeling your hits and getting dog piled by infested you're going to blow out your energy really fast unless you have a strategy in place to keep it going.

Edited by VKhaun

On 3 September 2016 at 2:07 PM, PMR25 said:

another question i had is what is the longevity of primaries when even at maxed setup the ammo will run out is it dependant on the missions your doing ?

Depends on your Mod setup, available Mods, etc. If you find that you're running out of ammo regularly, consider looking for and equipping Ammo Mutations and Ammo Scavenger Auras. Otherwise, switch to your secondary or melee until you've gathered enough ammo.

What most players do, however, is bring Team Ammo Restore gear items.