The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request Permission To Modify The User Client.

Ganwybas

Dear developers, please give users the right to modify the soundtrack of the game ,as well as the visual part,objects,textures. Of course only for themselves. This will give the game's creative potential,and will increase the interest,as in other popular games.

Edited by JDante

I don't really see what's wrong with some simple aesthetic modding :/ I mean, a lot of steam games like L4D2 (which actuay has an in-game add-on manager for skins) or TF2 (which even adds some user-made content into the game market) allow for a lot of aesthetic modding such as custom sounds, models and skins. I don't see what's so evil and bad about allowing a little bit of customization, even if something like this isn't exactly a priority. Hell, later down the line, DE can even let players make community skins for stuff and share the revenue like the TF2 system.

EDIT: The OP might want to change the title to "Please allow aesthetic modding by players" or something, right now the topic makes me think of hax and stuff...

Edited by Madotsuki

I don't really see what's wrong with some simple aesthetic modding :/ I mean, a lot of steam games like L4D2 (which actuay has an in-game add-on manager for skins) or TF2 (which even adds some user-made content into the game market) allow for a lot of aesthetic modding such as custom sounds, models and skins. I don't see what's so evil and bad about allowing a little bit of customization, even if something like this isn't exactly a priority. Hell, later down the line, DE can even let players make community skins for stuff and share the revenue like the TF2 system.

I wouldn't mind if it was user-submited mods that would be voted by players and would need approval by the developers and later implemented in the game.

Oh, lawd, spare us the obviousness.

Then why did you say:

I wouldn't mind if it was user-submited mods that would be voted by players and would need approval by the developers and later implemented in the game.

This would suggest that people other than the person changing his client would take notice.

And then there's the first two posts:

uuuum...no

seems like a bad idea

It is safe to assume these posters don't realise it's client-side only.

Stop trying to be cool, this is the internet.

this is the internet.

You should name yourself, Capt. obvious now. You're taking it too far.

Either way, client-side mods are developed, scripted and implemented by users. What I'm referring to is user-submitted content, much like in Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 workshop, that is chosen by the community and developers themselves.

"Hurr durr I can be a troll too." Just give up.

As to the subject of the thread: if it's a minimal amount of work for DE, then this could be kind of neat. On the other hand, you would be ruining all the lovely work done by DE's artists... ;)

"Hurr durr I can be a troll too." Just give up.

As to the subject of the thread: if it's a minimal amount of work for DE, then this could be kind of neat. On the other hand, you would be ruining all the lovely work done by DE's artists... ;)

Nice and logic message. At all.

Notice: destroy work artist?) do you see rule34 site?))) 

And i dont think what all concept art for waframe done by 1 art desiner. Its wrong,old based waframe just legasy from Dark Sector game) and new disener work is pathetic. Vaoban is best fact)) 

And Its just matter of time for various mods are gettin spam the game. DE must control this moment.

But players just want what lex have more strong sound,aklato,etc. 

Just for guns) and may be some little warframe visual part changing.A think all players remove backparts from trinity ))) 

That is called modding. Either way, it's not going to make the game popular.

Say this to The Elder Scroll Series )) World of Tanks etc.

Ist personal choise,modifed or not.

And mostly  this is question to the developers. 

There's many games that have benefited from user made content. If you played vanilla WoW you know how far their UI has come. This is mostly because of player made content that blizzard then added into the stock game. Having some small forms of modding shouldn't hurt anyone. Things like  UI changes/additions and possibly skins don't affect other players but can improve your own experience greatly.

I highly doubt you'll ever be allowed to do anything like that. However, as far as user-made content goes...let's just say remember the DEvs talking about user-made levels in the live stream?

I'd be all for this idea, I'd love to mod away Excal's head horn, or throw in my own helmets/armors, or give the grineer back their bunny ears.

I would also like to have a community hub  added to the game to try out other people's mods

And Would really love design contests for user created content to be added to the regular vanilla game, talk about an explosion of available frame skins.....

I seriously see no downside to these kinds of changes, as long as they remain aesthetic only, no changing weapon damage rates, or exploit based mods please.

So +1 all around

F2P game generally monetize on skin/cosmetic.  Allowing 3rd party to create and distribute texture pack/mod would hurt the developper.

Furthermore, allowing code acces client-base could make hacking more easy.  Atm, the game work on a pier-to-pier connexion model.  The host is running the ''server'' of the game for the other player.  If the host play around with his client-side code, it could affect other player if he is the host.

+1 Warframe Nexus mod manager

F2P game generally monetize on skin/cosmetic.  Allowing 3rd party to create and distribute texture pack/mod would hurt the developper.

Furthermore, allowing code acces client-base could make hacking more easy.  Atm, the game work on a pier-to-pier connexion model.  The host is running the ''server'' of the game for the other player.  If the host play around with his client-side code, it could affect other player if he is the host.

world of tanks?

team fortress 2?

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Then why did you say:

This would suggest that people other than the person changing his client would take notice.

And then there's the first two posts:

It is safe to assume these posters don't realise it's client-side only.

Stop trying to be cool, this is the internet.

i do know its client side dumbS#&$ im not a noob unlike you