Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elements?

Dexter96

so I've noticed somebody talking about elemental damage and how it afects the enemies.

I was wondering if this was true and if someone can tell me what do those "freeze damage", "fire damage" and "electric damage" mean.

Also any added effects like stun, slow, dot?

I'm not too sure either but:

Freeze Damage: Extra damage for the enemies' shield.

Fire Damage: Extra damage for unarmoured and unshielded enemies. Such as the infested, or an enemy with depleted shields.

Electrical Damage: "Stun" effect and shield bypass. {not so sure about the bypass but felt that way}

Puncture Damage: Extra damage for the enemies taking cover.

Armour-Piercing Damage: self-explanatory.

Edited by CapricaSix

so I've noticed somebody talking about elemental damage and how it afects the enemies.

I was wondering if this was true and if someone can tell me what do those "freeze damage", "fire damage" and "electric damage" mean.

Also any added effects like stun, slow, dot?

https://forums.warfr...nemies-and-you/

Fire staggers infested only. Lightning staggers corpus only. Freeze slows any enemy it hits by what looks like 50%(practical benefit:Slowed ancients charge speed and hand/foot movement slows also. Since their forearms/hands/shins/feet are their weak point...)

Fire does 2x damage vs infested(bad vs other two), lightning does 2x damage vs corpus(bad vs grineer, awful vs infested), AP does 1.5x damage vs armored grineer and 20x against corpus crewman heads(and ignores any armor reduction from anything. Always flat damage). Freeze does 2x damage vs shields.

There is also a damage related stagger. This is just doing WTF lots of damage in a short time and has nothing to do with elements.

Edited by KGeddon