Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AkKhata Syandana

blazingcobalt

xyVfu0d.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758376485&searchtext=

---

I finally sat down and worked on a syandana all by myself! I'm super proud of myself for getting this done since learning 3D has been a hurdle for me. (Malayu taught me a good chunk of it from when we collabed so I gotta say shout out to them.)

I always wanted a scarf that was just long, split in two, and was made of cloth. Something like this seemed pretty simple to do from a beginners standpoint so I gave it a shot.

So yeah any kinda feedback would be awesome! I know this thing probably has all sorts of flaws in it so I'm all ears. 

Edited by blazingcobalt

You know, this may be crazy, but the art style in the pic you actually posted here reminds me a lot of transistor. Just the border, and the colors, and lighting. Anybody see what I'm talking about?

Anyway, it looks interesting. I like the sort of "ragged" look it has. It feels unfinished, especially where it connects to the warframe. It looks too simplistic there, without much detail. But that's probably because it IS, in fact, unfinished.  :)

Keep working on it OP, I think it has real potential.

19 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You know, this may be crazy, but the art style in the pic you actually posted here reminds me a lot of transistor. Just the border, and the colors, and lighting. Anybody see what I'm talking about?

Anyway, it looks interesting. I like the sort of "ragged" look it has. It feels unfinished, especially where it connects to the warframe. It looks too simplistic there, without much detail. But that's probably because it IS, in fact, unfinished.  :)

Keep working on it OP, I think it has real potential.

Transistor was a great game. I can see what you mean in the patterns!

Hmm I can try to see what I can add to the connectors. My original idea was just a little thing so that way the focus is the scarf itself so I'm probably gonna keep it small.

1 hour ago, blazingcobalt said:

Yeah thats one of the things I was having a tough time with. I wanna keep a thin piece of a cloth but if I go too thin then it gets like this.

The method DE uses is to make the cloth's geometry uneven and rippled, so looking at it from the side wouldn't make it disappear. You could try doing that.

Love what you've done with the pattern work on the cloth, and I'm a sucker for dual attachment points.

A nice touch that can be added to the cloth is by taking an image of frayed cloth like this, converting it into black and white and screening it over your current transparency texture around the holes and torn edges.

Also some of thelines might be a bit too thin. The textures are going to be scaled down to half the resolution, so it might be good to compensate for that so details don't get lost

11 minutes ago, alexmach1 said:

The method DE uses is to make the cloth's geometry uneven and rippled, so looking at it from the side wouldn't make it disappear. You could try doing that.

Huh.. that makes sense. I'll get to work!

3 minutes ago, MaaYuu said:

Love what you've done with the pattern work on the cloth, and I'm a sucker for dual attachment points.

A nice touch that can be added to the cloth is by taking an image of frayed cloth like this, converting it into black and white and screening it over your current transparency texture around the holes and torn edges.

Also some of thelines might be a bit too thin. The textures are going to be scaled down to half the resolution, so it might be good to compensate for that so details don't get lost

Oh that's actually a really good point about the lines being too small. Thanks. c:

• 2 weeks later...