Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun Zephyr Rework w/ Pictures

(PSN)RenovaKunumaru

Hi there, thanks for stopping in ^^

Now, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just pointing out a logical flaw and I'll go on to get into your actual ideas in a bit:

19 hours ago, MMXAve said:

First of all I don't think that Zephyr particularly needs a rework, there are just a few things I noticed that could be better. She is a decent frame (and a pretty fun one) but she could perform slightly better.

So... again, this is in good nature, just really a question I have to ask, you don't think that introducing a whole new ability, combining two abilities together and adding an entire second function into her 4 counts as a rework? ^^ I count my version as a rework and all I'm doing is changing the mechanics of her existing abilities XD

Okay, now that it's out of my system...

In any case, let's take a look.

Gust isn't a bad one, a direct knock down with an additional effect to ensure you can use it on things like Bombards and Napalms to reduce their damage on projectiles they might have launched before you got to them. The downside of that, of course, is that she has complete protection from projectiles already with her 3, so... maybe? It's also a pretty exacting replica of Banshee's 1, and that's something we don't really want to do to our fellow 'least played in the game' frame.

Icarus Dive is actually a more thought out version than the two versions everyone keeps posting (either have every single impact be a Dive Bomb impact... blech... that would be slow and annoying as hell after the fiftieth time you had to go through the explosion animation just for clipping a door frame... or the one where it becomes Dive Bomb if you aim down... which could be good if there was an actual target on the floor when you do that, but without it it's as arbitrary as the current one, and offers no quick solution for players that want to use it for the CC in short jump-press methods like many do now, and that it's also pretty difficult to do on Console, so there's that). And while the execution of these abilities is better from Aim Glide, you haven't actually addressed the issues with these two abilities and what needs fixing on them at base, because that's kind of a thing that needs to happen.

And Tornado, as Renova pointed out, would be ridiculously powerful. Forget damage at all, as a CC ability being able to literally run around with Vauban's Vortexes attached to your hips would be about as powerful as it gets. I mean... talk about room nukes, you could cast, gather up forty or fifty spawns at once, drop them all in a dead end, and then tonkor them all into oblivion at once. With Turbulence and Zephyr's base mobility, this would be the ultimate cheese ability for almost any mode. Need Interception completing fast? Fly around and pick up all the enemies trying to access points and drag them away, don't even need to kill them, just do that and watch as nothing else spawns while you keep all the existing ones alive and well in some corner, CC'd completely. Defense, run around the pod whenever anything gets near and drop it all off where allies can pump them full of ammo, Infested anything do the same, the only thing that would stop you is a surprise Nullifier spawn, and if that's what it takes to stop you... then that's pretty bad design.

Then again, there's still not any address for what are, arguably, Tornado's most irritating functions... well, okay, some of them are, like the wandering off, the random durations and the unreliable enemy seeking, but you're doing it by literally making it over powered.

Wow... that came off as a whole pile of negatives...

I really didn't mean to do that, but I had to actually address the points you've made from a realistic standpoint. While these are more thought-out versions of the suggestions we've seen before, they really don't match up with what the goals of a Zephyr rework really are:

To whit, Zephyr needs to be buffed to return her to active play for more than just her Turbulence without breaking her for the community at large.

If you look up at my last wall-of-text comment higher on the previous page of this thread, you'll see that the basic abilities she has would actually be hugely useful and functional if their base mechanics were changed to better reflect their original design, but the limits of keeping these abilities as the original abilities would prevent them from becoming over powered.

There's plenty of room to buff Zephyr, we all appreciate that, just... be careful in what you add and how you add it in suggestions, because if you don't consider how these abilities will relate to the way we play Warframe, and relate to the other Warframe abilities in the same cost/function area, then there's no way those ideas will be considered by DE.

Thanks again for stopping by and sorry for coming across as a little harsh with both myself and Renova tearing through your thoughts, it's easy to forget that most people haven't seen most of their ideas in other threads and treat them as cumulative repetitions...

Edited by Thaylien
went over a page with this comment, giving better directions

18 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Hi there, thanks for stopping in ^^

Now, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just pointing out a logical flaw and I'll go on to get into your actual ideas in a bit:

So... again, this is in good nature, just really a question I have to ask, you don't think that introducing a whole new ability, combining two abilities together and adding an entire second function into her 4 counts as a rework? ^^ I count my version as a rework and all I'm doing is changing the mechanics of her existing abilities XD

What I actually meant by that is that she could in theory stay as she is. I don't think that she's underperforming. Of course my changes would be called a rework (the title of the reddit thread where I initially posted this had the word rework in it) :p

Okay, now that it's out of my system...

In any case, let's take a look.

Gust isn't a bad one, a direct knock down with an additional effect to ensure you can use it on things like Bombards and Napalms to reduce their damage on projectiles they might have launched before you got to them. The downside of that, of course, is that she has complete protection from projectiles already with her 3, so... maybe? It's also a pretty exacting replica of Banshee's 1, and that's something we don't really want to do to our fellow 'least played in the game' frame.

I guess you could say that the major difference between Gust and Turbulence would be the distance at which they work. But I guess you are right. One other idea I have is that Gust would actually be a sphere that travels between enemies dealing damage and picking up item drops (with a restriction on how many it can pick up). Once the duration ends it returns to Zephyr.

Icarus Dive is actually a more thought out version than the two versions everyone keeps posting (either have every single impact be a Dive Bomb impact... blech... that would be slow and annoying as hell after the fiftieth time you had to go through the explosion animation just for clipping a door frame... or the one where it becomes Dive Bomb if you aim down... which could be good if there was an actual target on the floor when you do that, but without it it's as arbitrary as the current one, and offers no quick solution for players that want to use it for the CC in short jump-press methods like many do now, and that it's also pretty difficult to do on Console, so there's that). And while the execution of these abilities is better from Aim Glide, you haven't actually addressed the issues with these two abilities and what needs fixing on them at base, because that's kind of a thing that needs to happen.

I didn't really think about any damage values or numbers to be honest. I solely focused on the execution of the skills. I think Tail Wind is overall a decent movement ability and if you think about it the Impact damage and knockdown from Dive Bomb makes sense. She is landing with super high velocity after all. The only thing I really miss is the fact that you can't really aim where you want to land - which could be negated by combining it with Aim Glide.

And Tornado, as Renova pointed out, would be ridiculously powerful. Forget damage at all, as a CC ability being able to literally run around with Vauban's Vortexes attached to your hips would be about as powerful as it gets. I mean... talk about room nukes, you could cast, gather up forty or fifty spawns at once, drop them all in a dead end, and then tonkor them all into oblivion at once. With Turbulence and Zephyr's base mobility, this would be the ultimate cheese ability for almost any mode. Need Interception completing fast? Fly around and pick up all the enemies trying to access points and drag them away, don't even need to kill them, just do that and watch as nothing else spawns while you keep all the existing ones alive and well in some corner, CC'd completely. Defense, run around the pod whenever anything gets near and drop it all off where allies can pump them full of ammo, Infested anything do the same, the only thing that would stop you is a surprise Nullifier spawn, and if that's what it takes to stop you... then that's pretty bad design.

In that case scrap the idea of rotating tornadoes but keep the idea of Dive Bombing into them to make them explode. I don't think anyone considers them OP right now (the tornadoes that is) but building up some synergy with Dive Bomb (or in that case my new Icarus Dive) would be pretty cool.

Then again, there's still not any address for what are, arguably, Tornado's most irritating functions... well, okay, some of them are, like the wandering off, the random durations and the unreliable enemy seeking, but you're doing it by literally making it over powered.

Yeah I guess I kinda overdid it with that, didn't I? :p If we keep the idea of Gust being a sphere that travels between enemies we could actually make it so Gust "marks" enemies that should be focused by the tornadoes. This would actually be a really cool idea, since it would reinforce the idea of Zephyr >controlling< the winds.

Wow... that came off as a whole pile of negatives...

Nah, it's cool :p

I really didn't mean to do that, but I had to actually address the points you've made from a realistic standpoint. While these are more thought-out versions of the suggestions we've seen before, they really don't match up with what the goals of a Zephyr rework really are:

To whit, Zephyr needs to be buffed to return her to active play for more than just her Turbulence without breaking her for the community at large.

I agree, which is why I'm trying to give her abilities some synergy. Obviously this is a delicate matter.

If you look up at my last wall-of-text comment higher on the previous page of this thread, you'll see that the basic abilities she has would actually be hugely useful and functional if their base mechanics were changed to better reflect their original design, but the limits of keeping these abilities as the original abilities would prevent them from becoming over powered.

While they would be useful I still think it's absolutely necessary to combine Tail Wind and Dive Bomb. It's like with Rest/Rage or Pacify/Provoke. While I have to admit that Equinox works on a completely different style of play there is some common ground. Rest and Rage both work similarly but have a different effect. I feel like the same goes for Tail Wind (going up or forward) and Dive Bomb (going down). Fusing them into one skill is (in my opinion at least) a must have.

There's plenty of room to buff Zephyr, we all appreciate that, just... be careful in what you add and how you add it in suggestions, because if you don't consider how these abilities will relate to the way we play Warframe, and relate to the other Warframe abilities in the same cost/function area, then there's no way those ideas will be considered by DE.

Right - as I said my idea was solely based on execution and not about damage values, etc. While I agree that the new 4 would be OP I think that my other suggestions bring in some fresh wind (pun intended).

Thanks again for stopping by and sorry for coming across as a little harsh with both myself and Renova tearing through your thoughts, it's easy to forget that most people haven't seen most of their ideas in other threads and treat them as cumulative repetitions...

Thanks for having me and yeah I didn't really bother to read everything yesterday. As I said Baro caught my attention. :p

To sum up my ideas right now for those that don't want to read a WoT:

1) Gust

A sphere that moves between enemies damaging them and either:

A) collects loot which it then returns to Zephyr

B) marks enemies for her tornadoes to focus (or at least the nearest tornado, so they don't all focus on one)

(Synergy with tornadoes)

2) Icarus Dive

As before: Use it on the ground to propel yourself into the air. Use in the air to propel forward. Use while Aim Gliding to Dive Bomb.

(Synergy with tornadoes: Dive Bomb into a tornado to make it explode)

3) Turbulence as before

4) Eye of the Storm

No more rotation, just fix the way the tornadoes behave. Can now target a specific target by marking with her 1 or can be blown up by bombing with her 2.

Hello people, thought I'd come back to see this thread and add some if I could, so many walls of texts :surprised: um yeah, think I'll just add these small ideas I had instead of reading all that, maybe I'll go through it when I don't have work to do.

Bullet jumps:

• increases duration for tailwind
  • increases range on divebomb (for when you want to CC)
  • increases range for turbulence
  • reduces cost for tornado

Tailwind: 

• tailwind resets parkour (so you can bullet jump again and stuff)
  • tailwind now increases power on Divebomb (for when you want to deal some damage)
  • chance to knock down enemies you pass

Divebomb:

• clears status on Zephyr, maybe applies it to enemies caught in divebomb (just a thought with that one as secondary use)

Turbulence:

• increases aimglide time

Tornado: 

• I have no clue what to do with it.

On 1/15/2017 at 6:39 AM, TheGoodNamesGotTaken said:

Hello people, thought I'd come back to see this thread and add some if I could, so many walls of texts :surprised: um yeah, think I'll just add these small ideas I had instead of reading all that, maybe I'll go through it when I don't have work to do.

There are a lot of text walls, but the results of much of the conversation have been summed up in the OP. Renova has updated his concepts as the ideas have been hashed out over time.

You know, it's taken a while, but I've finally figured out why I'm actually fighting quite so hard for a mechanical rework instead of an ability rework. I've mentioned it before, and everyone here has some of this too, but I've played a lot of Zephyr.

But that's actually not the point, the point is that I've played a lot of Warframe.

I can see Zephyr's kit for what it could, and should, be not because of my time playing the frame, but my time overall in game.

In the same way that a new player might manage to get a Tonkor built quite early on in their career (thanks to power-levelling themselves and buying gear). That player will be able to handle quite a lot of content, able to unlock nearly every node on the star chart in fact, thanks to the raw damage it does. Unfortunately if they want to go past twenty minutes, or twenty waves, for example, they would struggle because they don't have the battle experience to know how the game actually works. But an experienced player can take a Mk-1 Paris, forma it five times, mod it for the specific enemy type, and then take it to Sortie level and be killing level 100 enemies with it, not because the weapon can do any more damage than a Tonkor, not even close, but because they can survive at that level regardless of their weapons and know how to use a well-modded weapon in the right context to be able to deal with the different enemy types.

Zephyr is the same, to me.

A player that knows how this game works, how powerful it is to just turn off ranged damage and have great evasion, how good an instant radial knock down is for helping deal damage and helping slow crowds down, how confident an instant escape from being surrounded can make you, and how great an area-denial CC can be... that player can see Zephyr's kit and know that, with a good weapon to kill with, they can take on pretty much any level of play.

Zephyr's kit, as we know, affects every enemy the same way, regardless of level. Well, if it worked the way it was supposed to, especially with some of the changes we've suggested here. That is, in effect, insane. It would, if you think about it, put her on the same utility tier as some of the greatest functioning frames in game, because she wouldn't have junk abilities. Nidus was nerfed back only three or so weeks after his release because DE's data told us that his kit was too good, that it needed at least a balance pass to prevent it from being consistently called OP. Every ability he has is worth something; direct damage, with scaling volume, instant single-shot CC, damage resistance or damage buff, depending on choice of target, and a CC 4 that also heals yourself and allies. There isn't a situation where any of these abilities aren't useful.

Likewise with Zephyr, an instant mobility cast at any location that is quicker deployed and used that Warp, and can move in more directions than Speed, a radial instant CC that opens enemies to ground finishers and can scale its damage, ranged damage negation (as in, Loki's 4 for personal use), and a CC 4 that can inflict any potential status proc in the game, multiple times, and moves around to capture more and more enemies as they arrive...

What's not to love about that potential? It's incredible.

But only, pretty much, if you're experienced enough to use it.

My tl;dr point to all this is...

Maybe we should consider putting all of these ideas through another layer of thought; yes we want to fix and buff Zephyr, but we also want to explain to anyone that hasn't played her, and especially those that haven't played the game as long as we have, just why these changes are so important.

There's a really high skill cap to Warframe, and Zephyr, surprisingly, is nearer the top of that than the bottom because of how... passively effective her abilities appear to be.

Let's take into account that not everyone is at the point, so far in game, that they will see the same advantages from an ability that we do.

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

You know, it's taken a while, but I've finally figured out why I'm actually fighting quite so hard for a mechanical rework instead of an ability rework. I've mentioned it before, and everyone here has some of this too, but I've played a lot of Zephyr.

But that's actually not the point, the point is that I've played a lot of Warframe.

I can see Zephyr's kit for what it could, and should, be not because of my time playing the frame, but my time overall in game.

In the same way that a new player might manage to get a Tonkor built quite early on in their career (thanks to power-levelling themselves and buying gear). That player will be able to handle quite a lot of content, able to unlock nearly every node on the star chart in fact, thanks to the raw damage it does. Unfortunately if they want to go past twenty minutes, or twenty waves, for example, they would struggle because they don't have the battle experience to know how the game actually works. But an experienced player can take a Mk-1 Paris, forma it five times, mod it for the specific enemy type, and then take it to Sortie level and be killing level 100 enemies with it, not because the weapon can do any more damage than a Tonkor, not even close, but because they can survive at that level regardless of their weapons and know how to use a well-modded weapon in the right context to be able to deal with the different enemy types.

Zephyr is the same, to me.

A player that knows how this game works, how powerful it is to just turn off ranged damage and have great evasion, how good an instant radial knock down is for helping deal damage and helping slow crowds down, how confident an instant escape from being surrounded can make you, and how great an area-denial CC can be... that player can see Zephyr's kit and know that, with a good weapon to kill with, they can take on pretty much any level of play.

Zephyr's kit, as we know, affects every enemy the same way, regardless of level. Well, if it worked the way it was supposed to, especially with some of the changes we've suggested here. That is, in effect, insane. It would, if you think about it, put her on the same utility tier as some of the greatest functioning frames in game, because she wouldn't have junk abilities. Nidus was nerfed back only three or so weeks after his release because DE's data told us that his kit was too good, that it needed at least a balance pass to prevent it from being consistently called OP. Every ability he has is worth something; direct damage, with scaling volume, instant single-shot CC, damage resistance or damage buff, depending on choice of target, and a CC 4 that also heals yourself and allies. There isn't a situation where any of these abilities aren't useful.

Likewise with Zephyr, an instant mobility cast at any location that is quicker deployed and used that Warp, and can move in more directions than Speed, a radial instant CC that opens enemies to ground finishers and can scale its damage, ranged damage negation (as in, Loki's 4 for personal use), and a CC 4 that can inflict any potential status proc in the game, multiple times, and moves around to capture more and more enemies as they arrive...

What's not to love about that potential? It's incredible.

But only, pretty much, if you're experienced enough to use it.

My tl;dr point to all this is...

Maybe we should consider putting all of these ideas through another layer of thought; yes we want to fix and buff Zephyr, but we also want to explain to anyone that hasn't played her, and especially those that haven't played the game as long as we have, just why these changes are so important.

There's a really high skill cap to Warframe, and Zephyr, surprisingly, is nearer the top of that than the bottom because of how... passively effective her abilities appear to be.

Let's take into account that not everyone is at the point, so far in game, that they will see the same advantages from an ability that we do.

Nicely reflected.
It's kind of funny, (sorry for the semi-off-topic), I guess this is similar to how I spot newer and/or bad players here on the forums when they speak of someone like Ash, just because of a simple phrase: "Smoke Screen's stagger effect is useless"... I can't count the amount of times that quick stagger has saved me from a tough situation! People are just way too reliant on longlasting uber-CCs and megadamage to notice how useful quick staggers and knockdowns are. With overall (not just frame-specific) experience, you truly do appreciate the small things more.

In the case of Zephyr, with the improvements of the OP, I can totally see how it would make her not only insanely useful (from an oldtimer's PoV at least), but also far more fun and functional. She doesn't need an overcomplicated rework, just fixing her current kit to truly FUNCTION, is all.

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Nicely reflected.
It's kind of funny, (sorry for the semi-off-topic), I guess this is similar to how I spot newer and/or bad players here on the forums when they speak of someone like Ash, just because of a simple phrase: "Smoke Screen's stagger effect is useless"... I can't count the amount of times that quick stagger has saved me from a tough situation! People are just way too reliant on longlasting uber-CCs and megadamage to notice how useful quick staggers and knockdowns are. With overall (not just frame-specific) experience, you truly do appreciate the small things more.

In the case of Zephyr, with the improvements of the OP, I can totally see how it would make her not only insanely useful (from an oldtimer's PoV at least), but also far more fun and functional. She doesn't need an overcomplicated rework, just fixing her current kit to truly FUNCTION, is all.

Yes, it truly is ashame that people's creativity and experimentation with utilizing functions within a warframes skill set is limited to YouTube.

Speaking of which, I just thought of an amazing technique for when DE fixes Dive Bomb. Instead of Using Vortex, having the Penta Tether mod fired from the sky will trap enemies into a single location and Divebombs. Looking forward to the future of Zephyr.

• 2 months later...

Its been a long time since I've posted here but I was curious @Thaylien with the recent "balance" changes do you think that the lost functionality of the Telos Boltace can be givento Zephyr on her kit?

I know we all like the idea of a Gale should we have a new slot for an ability. Not what I'm advocating, but I'd be a shame to lose such a great ability when there's a wind caster frame ready to harness it.

5 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I know we all like the idea of a Gale should we have a new slot for an ability.

Well the function was considered too strong when it was spam fodder on a weapon, maybe making it a cast for energy would be worth it... How about the on-ground function of Dive Bomb? That could be worth it.

If I think about it, this would be along the lines of making Dive Bomb into a more damaging cast, rather than a more CC cast... On ground you perform a radial slash of air that damages all enemies in a sphere around Zephyr with damage affected by melee mods and power strength as per usual... hmm... damage type affected by balance of melee's damage types? Take a primarily impact weapon and it deals impact damage, take a primarily elemental weapon and it deals that elemental type and so on? Could be interesting, and could play in to Zephyr's talent of adopting modded elemental damage into her Tornado.

That way, we'd have a solid base to work with on the ground, it would only deal damage and not replace the Bomb's portion of the ability, which is the CC and scaling height damage, so-ooooooo... Yeah, this could work, right?

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Well the function was considered too strong when it was spam fodder on a weapon, maybe making it a cast for energy would be worth it... How about the on-ground function of Dive Bomb? That could be worth it.

If I think about it, this would be along the lines of making Dive Bomb into a more damaging cast, rather than a more CC cast... On ground you perform a radial slash of air that damages all enemies in a sphere around Zephyr with damage affected by melee mods and power strength as per usual... hmm... damage type affected by balance of melee's damage types? Take a primarily impact weapon and it deals impact damage, take a primarily elemental weapon and it deals that elemental type and so on? Could be interesting, and could play in to Zephyr's talent of adopting modded elemental damage into her Tornado.

That way, we'd have a solid base to work with on the ground, it would only deal damage and not replace the Bomb's portion of the ability, which is the CC and scaling height damage, so-ooooooo... Yeah, this could work, right?

You were thinking the exact same thing as I was. Should we make a separate thread in general about this?

What do you guys think? @Caelward @Karav @Zephyr-Prime ? Does this fit her theme?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You were thinking the exact same thing as I was. Should we make a separate thread in general about this?

What do you guys think? @Caelward @Karav @Zephyr-Prime ? Does this fit her theme?

I have been summoned!

Anyways, I am not entirely sure about going damage as she is agile and defensive enough to make use of her weapons more effectively than she would damage powers unless they ignored LoS. Instead I would suggest that it instead does a 100% proc of the melee weapon several times, this way the skill is more flexible with what it does. So you can mod for something like slash and/or gas if you want to go damage, corrosive for softening, ect. Also since the range of divebomb is pretty underwhelming, I would also add a targeting based leap to the skill as well, also it makes it feel more like a divebomb that way.

*Dive Bombs back into topic

I don't really see how it could fit into her kit. If you mean something like what Thaylien suggests, then it's not even really a Boltace effect anymore. It's just an area-effect slash attack, something some of us suggested quite a bit time ago anyways. So yeah, if you put it like that, it could work, but I personally would prefer it to be an utility ability (knockdown, ragdoll, status effect or some sort of debuff?) rather than damaging one, which is what I think Dive Bomb should be shifted to.

Oh, and thanks for calling me in. It's nice to know that somebody cares about my opinion ;)

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

On 3/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I have never used the Telos Boltace, but from what I've seen, I think it could work. I'm not sure how different this ability would be from a dive bomb with a short hop though. Balanced poorly, there would still be no reason to use dive-bomb in midair or at all. Personally, I'd like to see whatever we add to a grounded dive-bomb grant a certain amount of spacing (Think HotS Brightwing Emerald Wind) to help synergize with turbulence, but that's just me.

• 3 weeks later...

This is off-topic, but since when Turbulence no longer has a slight recast delay? I haven't played in awhile, but recently I decided to play Zephyr for a bit, and I instantly noticed that you can recast Turbulence the exact moment it runs out, where in the past it used to have about 1,5 second delay. When did that happen?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

This is off-topic, but since when Turbulence no longer has a slight recast delay? I haven't played in awhile, but recently I decided to play Zephyr for a bit, and I instantly noticed that you can recast Turbulence the exact moment it runs out, where in the past it used to have about 1,5 second delay. When did that happen?

I haven't noticed it. I'm usually in the air spamming the button when it ends.

No worries with the off topic though. I just enjoy having conversation about my favorite frame regardless.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Xx_Weasle_xX said:

Yeah that will last all of one or two weeks.

Console will never get that buff. He will be nerfed again before we even get him in Octavia update. Or when he gets his rework again.

*Sigh*

We will have that version. The cutoff build is already set and they're submitting to cert this week.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

*Sigh*

We will have that version. The cutoff build is already set and they're submitting to cert this week.

Sigh all you want, sure they said that, but

If I am playing Octavia update next Wednesday I will come eat crow.

But I will not need utensils because, news flash I will not be playing Octavia next week.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Xx_Weasle_xX said:

Zephyr is my most used and fav frame.

I think she is fine. But you all seem to want her nerfed.

Reworks = nerfs you know.

Frost, Excalibur, Valkyr and Saryn say hi. Excalibur and Valkyr were tuned down a bit after like a year or so, but they are still much more powerful than they were before the rework. Saryn is arguable for some people, but she can last much longer inro high level missions than she ever could before. She only lost her insta nuking power, but gained a lot more.

Also Volt's rework doesn't seem at all like a nerf, although I don't really play him, so maybe I'm wrong?

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

@(PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame Don't feed him, he's absolutely convinced that any kind of thread we put here will either be ignored or used to make a nerf. Something about him being a former games designer himself... as if his company ever worked the way Digital Extremes is working...

You won't get through to him.

Back on your earlier question though: the 'cooldown' was apparently a bug, it got fixed out in update 17.5 and was listed as 'power in use' error will no longer appear between casts. Which I think means DE is pretending the one second delay shouldn't have been there at all. 

But nice to see this thread back ^^

Edited by Thaylien
Questions answered

5 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Back on your earlier question though: the 'cooldown' was apparently a bug, it got fixed out in update 17.5 and was listed as 'power in use' error will no longer appear between casts. Which I think means DE is pretending the one second delay shouldn't have been there at all. 

But nice to see this thread back ^^

Hmmm, weird... I was still playing quite a bit back then. I stopped sometime around Titania release, only coming back for events and other limited time stuff, but didn't notice that change until just now. Maybe I just haven't played Zephyr much after 17.5, or I was so used to the delay, that I didn't even try to cast it before, which also would be weird, because I noticed it in the first mission this time.

Well, anyways, thanks for the answer!