Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does the mod algorithm work?

Beairre

I'm asking about the code which one, drops the mod, second rolls for it's attributes. Number of times I have seen that doing missions fast would drop only white and green mods, while taking a long time on a mission, and exploring everything also drop some blue stuff...

I have no idea honestly, but it that would be true, then to get good mods you would have to explore every route. Then again that might be random chance of a random generated number.

I'm asking about the code which one, drops the mod, second rolls for it's attributes. Number of times I have seen that doing missions fast would drop only white and green mods, while taking a long time on a mission, and exploring everything also drop some blue stuff...

I have no idea honestly, but it that would be true, then to get good mods you would have to explore every route. Then again that might be random chance of a random generated number.

I've wondered this myself, but honestly I get so many mods on a daily basis that I don't notice.

Weapon specific mods have code that is different from type specific mods. That is all that has been said.

Bosses have a higher chance of dropping mods. That's all I know.