The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: How Do You Feel About Nullifiers?

Rhekemi

The recent spate of threads, feedback, debate and arguments produced an exchange here that interested me.

After the last few pages, where members discussed how useful (or not useful) the small sample size collected was, figured we might just collect the raw data (to the best of our ability) on how folks feel about nullies. 

Poll link here.

P.S.: The point of this thread is not to debate, decry or justify their existence or purpose. It's to collect data.

As of 7:27 PM, Eastern Time, 9/7/2016, these are the votes:

1811a40fc6e54486aaf322ab2e08a279.jpeg  

Edited by Rhekemi

They actually keep groups on their toes.  You just can't pop a bubble and run off.  And even with that threat people still run off chasing spawns and end up loosing the match, and trust me I've sat back and watched a lot of mission failures because of this.  I think they're right on target and don't need to be changed.  Heck, even when you do pop a bubble and run off you can still loose, I've witnessed that too....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I feel this is silly since nullifiers aren't going to be removed even if this thread were overwhelming negative towards them.

The point of the thread is neither to drum up overwhelming negativity and demand they're removed, nor to find a majority of positive thoughts and secure their place in Warframe forever.

It's to find out how people feel about them based on actual numbers.

If that is silly or pointless to you, not reading or posting within the thread is a viable solution. (And it's exactly what I do in similar situations.)

1 minute ago, Rhekemi said:

The point of the thread is neither to drum up overwhelming negativity and demand they're removed, nor to find a majority of positive thoughts and secure their place in Warframe forever.

It's to find out how people feel about them based on actual numbers.

If that is silly or pointless to you, not reading or posting within the thread is a viable solution. (And it's exactly what I do in similar situations.)

*shrug*

You asked how we feel and I replied.

Nothing more.

im ok with them, but a couple of things i think they could do better with them are: make their bubble a deploy-able unit (like the inflatable wall of the Grineer)so its not a walking death sentence so to speak and make it a LoS kind of thing so it doesnt clip through walls/floors and turn off abilities without being seen, and it should have HP so semi auto or low firerate weapons arent effed 

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

You'll experience this with the next console update.

Nullifiers spawn with no bubble, although the bubble goes up shortly after they spawn.

last i checked i never see a nullifier spawn so i cant stop them getting to my bubbles or my teammates bubbles so it wont change it one bit 

ya i know i can leave the bubble and kill them but when theres 3 out of nowhere and im the only one actually in the bubble it will go away then whatever objective its guarding 

Edited by (XB1)chosen432

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

*shrug*

You asked how we feel and I replied.

Nothing more.

Well, I asked how you feel about nullifiers. You seemed to tell me how you felt about this topic polling the community about nullifiers. Not quite the same, but no worries. Please vote or do not vote as you see fit. 

Loathe them. I feel they turn Warframe into a generic third person shooter, and their prevalence in so many missions is now making the game into an experience I can get from a dozen better games. They are actively making me play the game considerably less than I once did.

From the Reddit Cross Post (I didnt post this; I dont Reddit). This says everything that needs to be said about Nullifiers (thanks  WNxOmnicide whoever you are):

They are nto really any more difficult than anything else... if you have your full "serious" loadout, nothing threatens you until the enemies scale high enough to all threaten you

I think nullifiers and scrambulas etc are lazy design.

The entire game, and DE's entire business model is based around the idea of "oh that warframe has cool POWERS, let me buy it so i can USE those POWERS"

When you can only make the game more challenging by ...nullifying... the players choice of warframe, in a game called warframe... yeah. Especially when new enemy spawn mechanics result in a bubble spawning directly on top of you.

If we are only focusing on gunplay, there are many games that have spent many more resources developing gunplay.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

Although I'm largely okay with nullifiers, I have 2 issues with them:

1. Semi-auto users get screwed over, as automatic weapons are much more effective at bringing down a nullifier shield

2. I feel like melee weapons should also reduce nullifier shields by more than projectile weapons, as meleeing a shield is much more risky.

Edited by Snowman486

Excellent, a data set with some more meaningful numbers and a more accurate portrayal of the argument as a whole.

I voted that I support Nullifiers, but believe there is room for improvement. I've argued many times that I feel specifically that Aggressive Support options should hard counter Nullifiers, being equipment such as Snipers (barring the Lanka and not including Bows), Thrown/Gun Melee, and the Banshee Warframe, as game-design wise this would make sense, as the Aggressive Support role defeats the role of the Nullifier, which is Manipulative Defense.

Thanks Rhekemi