The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: How Do You Feel About Nullifiers?

Rhekemi

5 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

They've said they read our feedback, and with Nulifiers there's so much of it, I find it hard to see how they'd avoid it if they wanted to.

I can and do.

But yes, it'd be cool if we could drop the debate as this wasn't the point of the topic.

I appreciate your view--I just believe you're wrong, just as you believe I'm wrong/not facing reality.

Time, ultimately, will tell.

Is like the government saying "we care about you, and we are reading you opinions/claimings and we are doing our best for your confort"

But in the end DE only read that feedbacks, and will do nothing after.

When i said "DE dont read feedbacks" i mean "DE will never change Nullifiers"

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

On 9/6/2016 at 2:22 PM, _Vortus_ said:

The sample size of  player initiated polls are to small to gather any meaningful data.    Only a small portion of players visit the forums enough to see polls.  Nowhere near enough to provide a good idea of the feelings of the player base.   The players that do visit the forum aside from the regulars are often upset about something and come to rant, vent or complain.   So, sorry, but not going to bother voting unless polls for things that might be game changing and used as anecdotal evidence are exposed to the player base via messages in the news feed on Ordis and/or in game messages. 

If you took a poll on every aspect if the game, a majority of the results would be overly critical and cynical.

22 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Sorry for my bad english

No worries. I understand you fine, and look at it this way: many who speak, write, and read English fluently can't do the same in another language, me included.

At least you're bi-lingual. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you took a poll on every aspect if the game, a majority of the results would be overly critical and cynical.

Answers to some questions probably would be.   Though not all I think.    But well thought out A, B, C, D, E or F answers allow gauging the feel for a particular issue.   The OP's poll isn't a bad one, probably could use a few more options.    Its the number of players it's reaching that I have an issue with.     If 85% answered a specific way, then the results could be looked at like 85% of the players polled have "this" view.   No perspective on the numbers of players in Warframe vs the numbers polled and the number that even saw the poll.   Potentially skewing results similar to those politicians use to show things in a better light for them. 

Null Auras completely remove fun from the game. When they show up and start turning off Warframe abilities, it effectively reduces the game mechanics to a parkour shooter and invalidates the players choice of frame making it completely irrelevant (aside of a few frames that have weapon summoning abilities which don't count because its no different then just swapping to weapons anyway). Without the frames of war, this game becomes nothing more then a military shooter with better jumping and parkour built into it. Null Auras completely remove the mechanics that make Warframe the game actually stand out and be different from the other competitive shooter products on the market (ex CoD, Battlefield, Ect..) The problem only exacerbates when these auras stack and mix together and work as damage shields against the players which makes even the gun mechanics less fun too.

Lets think about Borderlands for a moment as an example, when you compare Warframes Null Auras forcing weapon-only use and stacking Null Shields to Borderlands bullet-sponge enemies, what becomes the real mechanical difference? Other then wasting a flood of ammo to drop your foes it doesn't feel fun to stand there for prolonged periods of time waiting for enemies to eventually fall over. It's one of the things that made Borderlands well... boring.  Just like bullet sponges, Warframes Null Auras turn fun and exciting parkour with aerial gun and powers combat into a standing in one place with a machine gun waiting and looking at your watch simulator.

DE should find more interesting ways to introduce challenge to the players then turning off the thing that makes Warframe special. All null auras do is kill the games fun.

37 minutes ago, Khlamydia said:

and invalidates the players choice of frame making it completely irrelevant

This just isn't true. Unless you are specifically talking about Valkyr the rest of the buff based frames perform just fine with using any of the run, slide, bullet jump in and shoot or melee followed by instant recasting of buff. That's on top of the option to just shoot them from outside the bubble which no matter the weapon fire rate is the boring way to do it. Nullifiers are not a problem.