Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attempt at an Excalibur Helmet *feedback appreciated :)*

EpicBred

5 hours ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

I'm basically saying, if you wanna make a helm similar to him, it should be the classic one. As a side note, Saryn's default helm.

I don't want to make a helm similar to raidriars. His just inspired me to do the arthus helmet

On 18.9.2016 at 11:09 AM, Vlada91 said:

Here's an example how to look more like frame and not from lord of the rings :smile: 

ZRYel1D.jpg

That actually looks really cool, I didn't expect someone to interpret my model like this :D However, yours is pretty reptile like, and I cant imagine it fitting excaliburs model and skin at all. But It probably fits quite awesome on Ash or Chroma. What I imagined on my model was very simpel in terms of texture and coloration, e.g. the front face plate and three spikes would just be the primary color

2 hours ago, EpicBred said:

That actually looks really cool, I didn't expect someone to interpret my model like this :D However, yours is pretty reptile like, and I cant imagine it fitting excaliburs model and skin at all. But It probably fits quite awesome on Ash or Chroma. What I imagined on my model was very simpel in terms of texture and coloration, e.g. the front face plate and three spikes would just be the primary color

Yeah maybe you're right :smile: 

7 hours ago, EpicBred said:

I agree. UNLESS, you're making a skin for Excal. (Hint, hint, wink, wink)

On 9/6/2016 at 7:49 PM, EpicBred said:

I pictured this Helmet in my head for quite a long time now, so when I recently discovered Sculptris, I gave it a try! I am completely new at 3D modelling and I have nearly no experience at it. That´s why I am asking you for tips and feedback now :) I plan on naming it "Arthus", because it looks like a crown and that name fits Excaliburs theme

6kPlXhI.png

Sauron. That's what initially pops into my head, followed closely by the Lich King, Ner'zhul/Arthas. I suggest tilting the front a little upward, or have a pair of the spikes come around the front like how the Promethean Knight (Halo 4)'s helmet, or the Lich King's, does it. 

I'd suggest adding a lot of little intricate details, and perhaps have the top make use of the spikes coming around in a scale-plate style.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Edit 1: Textured, adapted variant looks too organic due to the eyes and would suit Chroma more than Excalibur. Suggesting you reserve that version for Chroma and give it horns, and try to rebuild the original depiction with the suggestions in here.