Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the old void back now please?

_-Malicious-Melodi-_

Its been a couple of months, i think most people hate the new prime farming crap....

- It now takes 4 keys for the chance at 1 good item rather than 1 like it used to.

- Griefing is now more rampant than ever.

- Every time a new prime comes out, we have to farm the new keys before we can even have a chance.

- You brought BACK drop chances after specifically removing them previously in void runs.

- Obtaining Prime parts is now significantly more difficult due to artificially inflating the amount of grind to obtain the...

In your attempt to encourage "Cooperation" and "Team play" with this new void system, you have made it much much worse... i personally hate running in public missions, i don't like the people, the rushers, the stat junkies... i hate public missions because they give me a headache more times than not. I prefer to solo because i can take my time and gather more resources as i see fit... but now, in order to have any chance and not waste relics, you essentially force 4 man teams. THIS is unfair. Grind is BAD, Forcing team play is BAD... you have done both with "void tears"... give us back the old void.

1 minute ago, (XB1)LexaHex said:

Just don't play with randoms, make a squad with clan mates, friends, or find one in recruiting

Aside from not having any that are active for the most part, i still prefer to solo because it allows me to farm resources at the same time... All pubs do is Rush for the objective, then rush to the end... then whine and complain about now having any resources to build prime weapons and frames. 

2 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I simply ask myself why they don't give us both. Those who like it go farm void tears and those who prefer he old void can go back there and do those missions for their loot.

I can agree to that as long as all the prime parts are obtainable from both rather than split.

3 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Aside from not having any that are active for the most part, i still prefer to solo because it allows me to farm resources at the same time... 

So you used to solo t4d up to 20 waves at least for a 5% drop chance and you were ok with that? Really? I also don't have active friends so I get your point, but even without farm buddies, I got all the new primes in 3 days (only playing at night, college and work during the day...), so your argument is not really valid here, since it's actually easier to get the primes even if you are not really a team player (just like me).

- It still only takes one relic for a CHANCE at your target reward and the table for relics is significantly more narrowed to facilitate faster prime part accumulation.

- Griefing is harassment by definition and is punishable, rather than complaining about these problem players deliberately working against you, you should report them.

- Having to get the new relics for each new prime entry means that players who still want a chance at vaulted equipment still have the opportunity to obtain it.

- Drop chances were never removed from void runs, you always had a chance at the rewards you wanted; now everything is more targeted and you have better odds during each individual mission to acquire what you want.

- The grind to obtain prime parts is, after careful calculations and number crunching, actually significantly reduced on an aggregate basis. Especially with a group of friends to farm with.

Cooperation and team play have been tremendously more encouraged as a result of the new system and with each player and relic given the chance for each member of the group to individually obtain a desired reward, it has become significantly easier for newer players to obtain desired prime parts while only providing the slightest increase in work for older players who had a large collection of keys under the old system. At the cost of perhaps the most minor of conceivable inconveniences, newer players on an individual basis and all players from a big-picture perspective, have all been given a far easier method of farming for desired prime parts.

Missions under the old system that I needed an entire team to complete I now have opportunities to complete solo for the specific part I need. And with a team the missions have become even easier as we can all put our efforts together to better provide one or all of the group members with better prime part opportunities.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Hey guys, just popping in to remind you guys to remain respectful! Telling someone to leave or go away because they engage in behaviour you don't agree with isn't an acceptable approach. If you think someone is being non-constructive or breaking the rules, please report and ignore them. On that note, I had to remove 3 comments because they all centered around an abrasive remark.

Thanks to all of you who have remained civil! 

6 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

So you used to solo t4d up to 20 waves at least for a 5% drop chance and you were ok with that? Really? I also don't have active friends so I get your point, but even without farm buddies, I got all the new primes in 3 days (only playing at night, college and work during the day...), so your argument is not really valid here, since it's actually easier to get the primes even if you are not really a team player (just like me).

I used to solo Void defense up to about 60 waves from time to time.... thats a chance at 12 prime parts.... Now, a Void tear defense up to any wave number would give you 1 prime part. With how it is now... Soloing will get you 1 prime part... 4 people would get you 1 out of 4 possible rewards, meaning running with a team has a higher efficiency... soloing should have the same chance as a full team.

27 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Its been a couple of months, i think most people hate the new prime farming crap....

From what I have seen, quite the opposite.

27 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

It now takes 4 keys for the chance at 1 good item rather than 1 like it used to.

Remember all keyshares which gave you worthless junk? All hour long survivals giving you Lex bp and formas on every C?

28 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Griefing is now more rampant than ever.

Erm, what?

29 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Every time a new prime comes out, we have to farm the new keys before we can even have a chance.

Yup, stockpiles of keys are gone. Now you can stockpiles medallions. And unlike keys relics have much better reward tables.

31 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

You brought BACK drop chances after specifically removing them previously in void runs.

What drop chances?

31 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Obtaining Prime parts is now significantly more difficult due to artificially inflating the amount of grind to obtain the...

Actually, it's much, much easier. I usually got new Primes at least few months after their release. I got Nekros within a week

34 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

In your attempt to encourage "Cooperation" and "Team play" with this new void system, you have made it much much worse... i personally hate running in public missions, i don't like the people, the rushers, the stat junkies... i hate public missions because they give me a headache more times than not. I prefer to solo because i can take my time and gather more resources as i see fit...

I have hard time picturing farming anything but Argon in old void...

35 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

but now, in order to have any chance and not waste relics, you essentially force 4 man teams. THIS is unfair. Grind is BAD, Forcing team play is BAD... you have done both with "void tears"... give us back the old void.

Before I was forced to do T3Surv and T4D, modes I hated with passion

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

So you get asked for a source to your blanket statement, and claim he's not being constructive to your destructive post?

The old void isn't coming back, they already confirmed that many times. Either accept it, or quit playing if it bothers you that much.

Always wondered which source all these doom preachers use for their claims. 

25 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

- It now takes 4 keys for the chance at 1 good item rather than 1 like it used to.

- Griefing is now more rampant than ever.

- Every time a new prime comes out, we have to farm the new keys before we can even have a chance.

- You brought BACK drop chances after specifically removing them previously in void runs.

- Obtaining Prime parts is now significantly more difficult due to artificially inflating the amount of grind to obtain the...

In your attempt to encourage "Cooperation" and "Team play" with this new void system, you have made it much much worse... i personally hate running in public missions, i don't like the people, the rushers, the stat junkies... i hate public missions because they give me a headache more times than not. I prefer to solo because i can take my time and gather more resources as i see fit... but now, in order to have any chance and not waste relics, you essentially force 4 man teams. THIS is unfair. Grind is BAD, Forcing team play is BAD... you have done both with "void tears"... give us back the old void.

/sign.

I think a mix of two types Void would be good. T4 Def Surv and trapping with old functions must urgently forth namely IN THE Void and then Prime halt with random parts made from the whole range.

Edited by (PS4)greensmaragd

Just now, Teloch said:

Always wondered which source all these doom preachers use for their claims. 

If you dont have anything constructive to add... dont comment... I dont need a source to say people dislike the new void because the simple fact of the matter is its true. People hate grind, as you can tell by all the people complaining about Nitain and Oxium... 

4 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

If you dont have anything constructive to add... dont comment... I dont need a source to say people dislike the new void because the simple fact of the matter is its true. People hate grind, as you can tell by all the people complaining about Nitain and Oxium... 

People complain about everything. Where is the proof that the MAJORITY of the community hates it?

But meh...

Just have enough courage to say it straight: "I personally hate the new system; I am unable to accept it in any form or to adapt to it, and that is why I demand DE to bring back the good ol' void farm even though there were reasons that led to its removal at the first place"

Edited by Teloch

10 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

And you assumed that from what source?

i too wish to know from what sources you draw this information from OP.

because if its just from the forums, or Reddit, then you have VASTLY BIASED info. IMO, happy people dont need to comment because they are happy with what is out there and content with the content. again IMO, the people who got their jimmy's russled, are the vocal minority here 

Personally, im pretty happy with the content. is is still a grind?-yes    is the game still fun-for me, yes    is the grind still there? yes, but it has been displaced elsewhere, but at least now we can manipulate the RNG a bit into our favor

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

Alright, story time.

Once upon a time, Saryn Prime was released, her shiny chassis had a ~5.5% chance to drop from Rotation C of T3Survival. Me and my friend farmed for around 6 hours before I burned out, I went and bought it, while this friend of mine continued to farm, he did nothing but t3 survivals, up to 1 hour or more. It took him around 16 hours to get the thing.

I farmed the entire Nekros Prime set TWICE along with the Relics in <4 Hours.

End of the story.

LOOK people... YOU ARE NOT GETTING A DANG SOURCE.... STOP ASKING.... now that thats out of the way... the only people who want "proof" of something are people who have nothing constructive to add... this post is not for you... you may leave. 

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

People complain about everything. Where is the proof that the MAJORITY of the community hates it?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

i too wish to know from what sources you draw this information from OP.

because if its just from the forums, or Reddit, then you have VASTLY BIASED info. IMO, happy people dont need to comment because they are happy with what is out there and content with the content. again IMO, the people who got their jimmy's russled, are the vocal minority here 

Personally, im pretty happy with the content. is is still a grind?-yes    is the game still fun-for me, yes    is the grind still there? yes, but it has been displaced elsewhere, but at least now we can manipulate the RNG a bit into our favor

9 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

I used to solo Void defense up to about 60 waves from time to time.... thats a chance at 12 prime parts.... Now, a Void tear defense up to any wave number would give you 1 prime part. With how it is now... Soloing will get you 1 prime part... 4 people would get you 1 out of 4 possible rewards, meaning running with a team has a higher efficiency... soloing should have the same chance as a full team.

No, you used to get 12 crap, the new prime that you want drops on rotation C with only 5% drop chance. That 3 5% for... (how long did you spend on those missions?) Now, you havê 4 10% chances for a 5min mission... 

Personally I prefer the new system to the old one. I don't have a good hosting connection, so a lot of the time if I wanted an item from a long-form T4 mission (like Interception or Defense) I had to either go it alone (extremely boring with bursts of excessive stress depending on fate) or sit for what felt like hours in Recruiting waiting for someone to host a match, pray I get in and hang on to them by offering to run my massive hoard of keys if we can just stay as a group.

Now I just pick a mission type I want, run the relic I want and roll with what I get. It may be less chance per run to get what I want without a coordinated team, but if I want to zero in on one item with laser focus.. Recruiting is always there. Waiting for a group of 4 Radiants is less of a mad scramble for me than trying to squeeze into a T4D. As an added bonus I don't have to deal with staring at the same room for six hours trying to get one part.

3 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

proof makes the world go round friend. its how murderers get convicted and others get exonerated. if you have no proof or actual resources for info, you have no leg to stand on and have no right making such claims here

Just now, Praxxor said:

Alright, story time.

Once upon a time, Saryn Prime was released, her shiny chassis had a ~5.5% chance to drop from Rotation C of T3Survival. Me and my friend farmed for around 6 hours before I burned out, I went and bought it, while this friend of mine continued to farm, he did nothing but t3 survivals, up to 1 hour or more. It took him around 16 hours to get the thing.

I farmed the entire Nekros Prime set TWICE along with the Relics in <4 Hours.

End of the story.

Whoopdy freaking do... its all RNG now... you got lucky.

LOOK people... YOU ARE NOT GETTING A DANG SOURCE.... STOP ASKING.... now that thats out of the way... the only people who want "proof" of something are people who have nothing constructive to add... this post is not for you... you may leave. 

if you took the time to read entire post, you may see some actual constructive work. see the rest of my original posting below. i went ahead and quoted it for you so you can rad it with ease

Just now, PureIcarus said:

Whoopdy freaking do... its all RNG now... you got lucky.

Twice? With both relics and parts?

Also I farmed the Galatine and the Tigris in around that time.

I mean sure, I might have been a little lucky, but with all the parts? The chances of that are very low since like half of my friends list has a similar story to tell.