Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I HATE double-switched doors

Tuxie

I'm pretty sick and tired of those double-switched doors that requires another teammate to open, whichever teammates I get matched up with are usually slow as all hell, they're wasting time killing random non-objective related enemies and dying half the level away while sticking their thumbs up their butts. They serve nothing but break up the flow of the game and they are all around terrible. They shouldn't even be in this game.

As a grand master, you should know why those were put there in the first place.  They weren't put there for your fun and benefit so you can just go and sonic through the mission.  They were put there so that people who weren't as fast as other (as fast as people like you and other vets who can just steamroll content) can actually kill/do something in a mission rather then always playing catch-up.

This is a Co-Op game, if you can solo the content well enough to where you don't need the Co-Op... why not select "Solo"?

Edited by achromos

At some point the idea would have been that it stops rushing.

However, since they're randomly placed and sometimes just don't exist, they end up being a bit archaic and pointless. They should only be there for boss doors or entrances to jails, because they serve no purpose anywhere else.

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Plays co-op game, complains about co-op.

It's not really coop. It's a forced pause.

I don't know if i'm just being an &#! , but if you are leaving everybody else behind in a co-op game, and then complain about them being slow, you are playing the game the wrong way. To be honest, i've spent thousands of hours on Warframe in 3+ Years, and i quite dislike people that rush missions, it's just not fun at all that way and i avoid people like that if possible.

2 minutes ago, Extroah said:

I don't know if i'm just being an &#! , but if you are leaving everybody else behind in a co-op game, and then complain about them being slow, you are playing the game the wrong way. To be honest, i've spent thousands of hours on Warframe in 3+ Years, and i quite dislike people that rush missions, it's just not fun at all that way and i avoid people like that if possible.

ooookay things got creepy.

are you my clone? :c

As a fellow rusher, I too would like some sort of way to by pass friendship doors.
I don't really mind the other lagging behind, I mind being held back or hindered because of the actions of other people (be it the devs or my team mates).

For all I care, my team mates can run around and kill every enemy while I blast off into the distance and complete the objective at hand.
The current enemy aim mechanics also means that sprinting, rolling, and jumping right past just about any horde of enemies is safer than taking them on in a real fight, if you're up against enemies that actually pose a threat. This makes rushing a attractive play style for the survivalist.

But I digress.

A quick idea for a solution could be an option to hack the door. Press X (on both terminals) to open. Hold X to hack.
Maybe a route of air ducts, or something, that bypass the door, could be implemented.

33 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Don't be hatin' on the friendship door now - DE needs some way to remind us that we're playing a co-op game. Be like me and play solo due to slow internet XD

Most of the time I am just either carrying them or wait for their pointless container-smashing. Wow, how cooperative, you got nothing but wasting your time in front of that useless door.

Remove it already, it's one of the source of grind, frustration and troll.

Edited by VCaptiion

I see the intention behind those doors. It's so slow people can participate in doing the objective of the mission. But they are not working properly at all.

They are randomly scattered across the map, so if rusher get blocked by one he have to wait the slow guy and then just goes on rushing. It won't help the slow guy, it's just annoyance for the rusher. They should be put only before the room with the objective (be it capture target, bossfight, sabotage target, etc.).

Edited by crazyN00b
typooo :C::C:C

Just now, crazyN00b said:

I see the intend behind those doors. It's so slow people can participate in doing the objective of the mission. But they are not working properly at all.

They are randomly scattered across the map, so if rusher get blocked by one he have to wait the slow guy and then just goes on rushing. It won't help the slow guy, it's just annoyance for the rusher. They should be put only before the room with the objective (be it capture target, bossfight, sabotage target, etc.).

It's better then nothing, it gives people a small chance to actually catch up once or twice in a mission.  After that, it's on them.

I don't understand why rushers run with pugs. If I see a non-endless mission type alert that I want to run, I solo it. I know that it'll get done faster that way, and likely with fewer alarms set off.

Endless mission types, on the other hand (with the possible exception of Survival, what with how much those rely on bad spawn mechanics), I'm all for having 1 to 3 extra meat shields rolling with me.

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's not really coop. It's a forced pause.

^This. You guys are ripping on OP for a boring game mechanic. It's not "co-op". They aren't puzzles or anything. If it was actually something with any thought involved I'd be singing a different tune, but it's literally wait for another person to press a button with you. It's not like the Lua Puzzles.

You know, this does bring up a good point: why do rushers play pug? I assume that if it is a non-endless mission, it's much easier and faster to solo it.

The only reason I can think of is to do fissure missions, so maybe that's it?

9 minutes ago, Fuemego said:

Waypoint and say "Plat".

P.S. This was not meant to be taken seriously, just some satire.

Nice one.

As a rusher I also dislike the friendship door. If I passed the group and have to wait like 30 seconds to a few minutes to just leave them in the dust again did it really matter? I don't spam the friendship door though so everybody keeps getting the message "Your teammate needs help opening a door." those guys are on another level. I just press it once and wait. . . . . .  : / . . . . . . guys? . . . . . . *sits on the ground and lets sentinel kill anything that walks by*. . . . . . . . guys? T_T

I do approve of them on sortie rescue missions though. I am more than capable of rescuing the target myself, but having a couple distractions in the room is nice sometimes. 

With how matchmaking is these days if a mission fails to load up twice in a row I just go solo. Sometimes after trying public twice i exit out, swap to solo, load up the mission and people randomly join xD .