The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird Encounter >.<

Fuemego

Well, I just came across a person in trade selling a Primed Ravage R7 for 25p, and being the overly kind person that I am, I pmed them. I told them that what they're selling can go for more plat and they got mad at me, asking me if I thought plat was most important to them in the game, then stating "so wrong, bye". I'm kinda confused as to why I was given that reaction, because in the first place the person was selling something for plat then called me a "cheap az" because I wouldn't go higher then 25. Can I be enlightened to why this occurred? xD

1 minute ago, Fuemego said:

Well, I just came across a person in trade selling a Primed Ravage R7 for 25p, and being the overly kind person that I am, I pmed them. I told them that what they're selling can go for more plat and they got mad at me, asking me if I thought plat was most important to them in the game, then stating "so wrong, bye". I'm kinda confused as to why I was given that reaction, because in the first place the person was selling something for plat then called me a "cheap az" because I wouldn't go higher then 25. Can I be enlightened to why this occurred? xD

Probably a new player (they like to offer low prices so they look like they know what they're doing), or someone who was affected by the new system. It's easier to rank up mods now, but I'm sure primed mods still go for a lot of plat.

7 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Probably a new player (they like to offer low prices so they look like they know what they're doing), or someone who was affected by the new system. It's easier to rank up mods now, but I'm sure primed mods still go for a lot of plat.

This person was MR 22...

Pretty proud too, stating they are a devoted member of WF since 2013 here on the forums. I also found a post in which they said they had 50 sets of a frame and were happy that DE was removing that prime frame so they could sell their plat. >.< But that's none of my business....

Edited by Fuemego

9 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Some people like me are just nice I sold 2 prime parts for 40 plat together just to give a random that plat so he could buy slots for his warframes that were done.

Well, unlike you kind sir/madam, this person didn't seem nice or else I believe they'd tell me that. A little, "I know, just giving it to people who don't seem to be able to buy it," would've been nice.

Edited by Fuemego

12 minutes ago, Fuemego said:

Seems so xD, even when you're trying to be nice to them.

Dude this is completely unrelated but, i can't stop reading your name in an exotic italian accent...

Fuemego~

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem
Goddamit you made me smile in public like an idiot. Burrying my face on my backpack.

It's kinda weird that majority of douchebags in the game are mostly found at the trade chat.

I've had my fair share of encounters like that, then they proceed to ignore me after they throw a single insult at me so i won't get any chance to reply with a counter argument. lmao

2 minutes ago, EpicRC said:

It's kinda weird that majority of douchebags in the game are mostly found at the trade chat.

I've had my fair share of encounters like that, then they proceed to ignore me after they throw a single insult at me so i won't get any chance to reply with a counter argument. lmao

Trading in trade chat is like RNG, you have like a 10% chance of finding a good trade/a good person.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Hey not everyone is trying to scam noobs in trade chat lol some people are just really generous.

Or we are drowning in mods new players really need. If have given a fair share of streamlines, flows and continuities along with serration for free to new players. 

seems primed mods are getting cheaper because of this new endo system. Tried to sell a maxed primed continuity for the usually 500-or 600 but kept getting offers of 300 or less. Eventually sold it for 300. That guy though, I have no idea what his problem was, I can get being generous but I think selling stuff that low can sometimes hurt the trading economy.

On September 7, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Fuemego said:

Are you saying that the majority of trade chat is a scam?

Unfortunately... Yes.

Ive done my fair share of trading, and after all this time I've noticed how many people act in trade.

Buyers: Want the lowest price possible and anything higher than the price they ask for is "scummy" even if the price their asking for is ridiculously low.

Sellers: want the highest possible value. Anything lower than what they demand and they won't even bother responding to you. Just take a look at the Frost and Ember set values if you don't believe me.

Tge thing is I understand. When buying you want the lowest price. When selling you want the highest value, it's natural. The issue with the majority of Warframes trade chat is that there's next to no haggling. No one knows what bartering and counter offers are. I like to strike a mutual deal. When selling something and I put a price most people, if they don't accept it, put, "nty." To which I respond, "counter offer." And there are two responses that come out of this.

"What?"

or

"I dunno what it's worth."

*face palm*

Its beyond frustrating and because no one BARTERS most trades usually end up with extreme prices or ridiculously low prices from the naive or generous. There's no middle ground and it hurts to see. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Unfortunately... Yes.

Ive done my fair share of trading, and after all this time I've noticed how many people act in trade.

Buyers: Want the lowest price possible and anything higher than the price they ask for is "scummy" even if the price their asking for is ridiculously low.

Sellers: want the highest possible value. Anything lower than what they demand and they won't even bother responding to you. Just take a look at the Frost and Ember set values if you don't believe me.

Tge thing is I understand. When buying you want the lowest price. When selling you want the highest value, it's natural. The issue with the majority of Warframes trade chat is that there's next to no haggling. No one knows what bartering and counter offers are. I like to strike a mutual deal. When selling something and I put a price most people, if they don't accept it, put, "nty." To which I respond, "counter offer." And there are two responses that come out of this.

"What?"

or

"I dunno what it's worth."

*face palm*

Its beyond frustrating and because no one BARTERS most trades usually end up with extreme prices or ridiculously low prices from the naive or generous. There's no middle ground and it hurts to see. 

I don't think this would be under "scamming", but I agree fully with you.