Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should some Glyphs obtainable without the use of plat?

Kiyomaru-EN-

I never gave much thought about profile icons until the release of glyphs, because before that, they just didn't matter. Okay, they still don't, but that's beside the point. I always have been wondering if you should make some icons obtainable without the use of plat, since spending 10-15 plat a piece is just a bit iffy for one single picture.

What I'd suggest would be allow players to earn the basic Warframe and Prime Icons when they reclaim the corresponding frame from the foundry, and make the others accessible through alerts or something. That way you can still pay plat if you really want to get one, without doing anything or you can just get a nice additional reward from building a warframe.

What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Maxitotito said:

I think the kuria one is obtainable that way, and the prime ones are obtained for (or was?) buying the PA.

Glyph themselves are part of fashionframe, sadly it obviously would cost some plat at the end

That's true, but aren't helmets also fashionframe, which you can get through alerts?

11 minutes ago, Extroah said:

I'd be happy if there would be more of them or if you could "faceshot" your Frame and make it a Glyph.

That seems like an interesting idea too.

10 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

there's some of them that are part of giveaways from some youtubers, like mogamu's glyphs

you just need to get one functional code somewhere

I heard about that, but I'd rather had a something directly Warframe related. I mean, it's nice that you can show your support for your favorite youtuber that covers Warframe a lot, but it doesn't do much for me personally.

1 minute ago, The-Tective said:

Some Glyphs are for free. The one you have for example^^

I know, that but you only have 5 base ones which are pretty boring you ask me. I'd love to be able to rock a Trinity Prime, or even a Inaros Anubis Helmet.

18 minutes ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

spending 10-15 plat a piece is just a bit iffy for one single picture

Look at it from different perspective. Profile picture is "cosmetic" item, so something to please your eyes while playing. Unlike syandanas or armour (that costs much more) you see it all the time regardless of chosen frame. And it costs roughly the same as some popular yet easily available mods that you can sell and buy it (aura mods, stances...).

1 minute ago, jazonw33d said:

i would like to have my clan emblem as glyph...i dont care for some random youtubers glyph, i want my own since i already payed the plat for it to upload it.

I guess that's only fair, and would also be nice for your fellow clanmates if they could show that off, though since you already have access to the shoulder badges - which also cost plat IIRC - they might not bother to add that mechanic.

1 hour ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

What I'd suggest would be allow players to earn the Prime Icons when they reclaim the corresponding frame from the foundry,

I agree with everything you said but this, when I found out prime profile pics were a PA only thing (rather than a time limited plat buy during Prime Access of that frame) I found it understandable as it indicates those who support the game regularly or at least once. 

I'm not saying it has to be restricted to those who buy Prime Access but it's not something that makes or breaks your gameplay either, it's just something cool you can have if you support the game by buying PA.

The regular warframe glyph unlocks and alert glyphs sound very good imo.

Edited by Madway7

Just now, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

The Glyph I am currently using is free from finding all 59 kurias. (Unless Forums hasn't updated to match the one I got from finding all of them.)

That has already been stated, but that's only 6 that you can get for "free". I am not really counting the Youtuber Glyphs, because there is no reliable way to get them, at least not to my knowledge.

Just now, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

That has already been stated, but that's only 6 that you can get for "free". I am not really counting the Youtuber Glyphs, because there is no reliable way to get them, at least not to my knowledge.

Ah, my apologies, it is late and I only skimmed over the replies.

5 hours ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

I know, that but you only have 5 base ones which are pretty boring you ask me. I'd love to be able to rock a Trinity Prime, or even a Inaros Anubis Helmet.

I don't really see the problem.  All of the glyphs are really, really cheap.  You can get yourself either of the Anubis ones for 15p.  That's less than a buck even if you buy undiscounted plat.

Trinity Prime's glyph, you could only have gotten from buying the Trinity Prime Access though.  I think that's fine, because it's such a small thing, and it gives some exclusivity to the big spenders in this game.

5 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

I don't really see the problem.  All of the glyphs are really, really cheap.  You can get yourself either of the Anubis ones for 15p.  That's less than a buck even if you buy undiscounted plat.

Trinity Prime's glyph, you could only have gotten from buying the Trinity Prime Access though.  I think that's fine, because it's such a small thing, and it gives some exclusivity to the big spenders in this game.

Cheap they might be, but honestly, it would make getting the warframes more rewarding if you could unlock their standard helmets as Glyphs. Especially since spending 15 plat for one is a bit stingy since that could get me 3/4 of a Forma. I know stupid argument, but that's how I feel about it.

I didn't know that "Primed Glyphs" were part of the PA packs, so thank you for all that have mentioned that. They can stay exclusive, but still I am all for being able to get them for doing stuff in the game and not only throwing plat in the devs pockets.