The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to spend plat on?

(PSN)Exportforce

Question

Hello,

I bought myself the Nekro Prime Pack the other day and with that I got some plat but I wouldn't know where to spend it.

I guess the biggest QoL buy would be a bunch of slots for Warframes and weapons. But then the question is: How many slots are really needed as I know some weapons and warframes are kinda mandatory to have. Is there anything really useful and QoL to buy besides slots ? If yes, what and why ? 

Thanks for your input! :)

p.s.: How many slots would you need if you would buy slots to store EVERYTHING ? 

14 answers to this question

As you've already mentioned, slots are the best investment for plat. Make sure you get enough slots for for of every Frame, even the ones you don't like. Warframe is ever changing and some frames may go from you hating them to having a big change that draws you into it and having more fun (Excalibur, Volt & Saryn were like this for me). I'd say buy around 30 weapon slots (10 slots for each weapon type) and keep some platinum on hand in case you ever need more. You want a variety, because using the same three weapons all the time gets old fast. Branch out, explore what's out there, you might find something you really like even if it isn't meta.

After that... I sort of just keep plat on hand for deluxe skins. I buy every bundle, even if I don't actually end up using the skin at all (Loki Knave, it's a nice skin but I prefer the base Prime embellishments and helmet) just to have them. I'm weird like that, though.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Exportforce said:

Hello,

I bought myself the Nekro Prime Pack the other day and with that I got some plat but I wouldn't know where to spend it.

I guess the biggest QoL buy would be a bunch of slots for Warframes and weapons. But then the question is: How many slots are really needed as I know some weapons and warframes are kinda mandatory to have. Is there anything really useful and QoL to buy besides slots ? If yes, what and why ? 

Thanks for your input! :)

p.s.: How many slots would you need if you would buy slots to store EVERYTHING ? 

Here for the slot number

LAST UPDATED: SPECTERS OF THE RAIL (PS4)
Category Count Mastery
Warframes 41 246,000
Weapons 254 762,000
Companions 17 102,000
Sentinel Weapons 10 30,000
Archwings 5 30,000
Archwing Weapons 17 51,000
Missions 186 14,193
Junctions 13 13,000
Total 543 1,248,193[?]
Minus Exclusives 505 1,083,193[?]

But for what to buy with id say Cosmetic , slot ( of course ^.^ ) and sometimes stuff on sale when like reactor or catalyst come into sales if you use them a lot and trading.

What i dont advise to buy with plat : ressources , warframes ( unless you realy realy want it )  and weapons

Edited by trunks013

mate this is true story:
once upon the a new tenno got alot of slots and he thinks too him self well i will never ever need slots again 
ions of years have past  14 updates so far and when the tenno got nekros prime ordis sayed:

u dont have more slots do u wish too buy one for 20p
and the new tenno  now a masters was like

WTF i have no slots for real ..........

PS buy slots  buy cosmetics and keep plat for more cosmetics and later on more slots
moral of the story slots will end some day

Edited by venon23

do not buy weapons and warframes from the market, they're just not worth it! Just buy slots and stuff from the trade chat if you really want some older prime stuff...
spend rest on cosmetics that you like and save like 2k plat for future stuff
everything can be obtained for free so dont waste plat...
I personally spend plat only on stuff that you can not get by playing the game and I recommend that you do the same.

Buy slots, some sexeh cosmetics, the warframes that are ridiculously hard and boring to get (E.G Ivara) from the Market and buy the mandatory rank 10 mods. Serration, Hornet strike (Vitality, Redirection and Steel fiber if you haven't already maxed them) If you want a smeeta kavat too you should also try and buy the link health/shield mods at max level from trade chat.

Edited by (XB1)Alpherxium

you'll need a total of 30 warframe slots to have each warframe once (there are 41 warframes, if you include primes, but i dont see any reason to keep the base version if you get the prime)

for weapons its a bit harder to say, you may end up with more or less, depending on your prefered weapon choices

for sentinels, you propably wont need any more slots than the base ones, not all of the sentinels are worth using even.

same for archwing stuff, you can get by with the base slots, altho having a few more weapon slots may not hurt.

kubrows/kavats you might want to buy some stasis slots and eventually the kavat incubator upgrade, depends if you like the organic companions or not.

you might want to buy some orokin catalysts/reactors as these are hard to get early on and you will need some to rank up your syndicates. same goes for exilus adapters, hard to get early on, since you need 50k standing with simaris for the recipe and 2 forma for crafting one.

forma blueprints are rather easy to get nowadays, but you may want to rush them, once again, some are needed for syndicates too.

color palettes. this is a big one if you dont have any yet. i would recommend to get atleast the classic saturated since the normal locked classic is rather meh. if you are looking for a bit more than just this one color palette, you can get the bundle that includes it.

otherwise, i wouldn't really recommend any of the bundles.

buying any weapons is never worthwhile. they are all pretty expensive.

as for warframes, some are a bit hard to and it can be enjoyable to have a frame available early on if you really like it.

just inform yourself beforehand when a specific warframe sparks your interest if its hard to get or not. sometimes they are easy to farm or have a prime version available that is cheaper than the normal counterpart in the market. (and obviously it depends what missions you like, for example ivara can only be gotten from spy missions, but if you like spy its not a hard task to farm her)

Edited by Cash4Cookies

9 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Here for the slot number

Category Count Mastery
Warframes 41 246,000
Weapons 254 762,000
Companions 17 102,000
Archwings 5 30,000
Missions 186 14,193
Junctions 13 13,000
Total 543 1,248,193[?]

But for what to buy with id say Cosmetic , slot ( of course ^.^ ) and sometimes stuff on sale when like reactor or catalyst come into sales if you use them a lot and trading.

What i dont advise to buy with plat : ressources , warframes ( unless you realy realy want it )  and weapons

That's roughly 6k plat. Well not as much as I have, so I think I shouldn't keep totally everything xD

15 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Here for the slot number

Category Count Mastery
Warframes 41 246,000
Weapons 254 762,000
Companions 17 102,000
Archwings 5 30,000
Missions 186 14,193
Junctions 13 13,000
Total 543 1,248,193[?]

-1 Warframe slot

-2 weapon slots (and minus another two for the Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal since it's still undecided whether they'll ever come back)

For the items that shall not be named, I presume.