Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on limbo and his rework

gluih

I've recently picked up limbo and so far I feel his problem is that being in the rift plane doesn't really have an advantage. Instead you just can't interact with anything. Now this is more or less great if you just want to get through a level, but you could really do the same thing better by using a stealth frame. And then whenever you want to actually do something, like hacking a console, you have to give up the advantage of being invulnerable. Protecting a defense target is possible, but you then still have to pull over every single enemy.

Being in the rift plane should give limbo a huge advantage over the enemy/ whenever they are in the rift plane they should be very confused.

My idea is to have moments, where the rift plane and the rest of the world collide. Whenever a collision happens, players would be able to interact with the other side. So let's say every 5 second, there would be a short window that allows to activate consoles or to shoot enemies. For the rest of the time, warframes that are in the rift plane would also be invisible to enemies.
The big advantage for limbo and his allies would then be to have these moments to attack the enemies, while they can't attack him. This would also allow for some more interesting stealth gameplay.
There would also be the option to have the time between the collisions based on power duration. So if you want to play limbo more aggressive, you could go for a low duration build and if you mostly want to avoid enemies, you could for a build with high duration.

Some other minor tweaks would also be nice. For example having to wait for level 3 to get rift walk is kind of bad, especially because banish doesn't really do anything useful without being able to enter the rift yourself. The only reason I see to have rift walk as the 2 and banish as the 1 is that banish is used more often, so it is nice when it costs less.
There could also be a cost reduction for his abilities whenever the 2 planes are close to each other.

I mainly like the idea of the collisions for the chance to interact with things out in the world without leaving the rift. Not sure how the whole "i shoot you but you can't shoot me" would go but it does sound appealing. Balanced? Not sure, though having it be duration-based seems quite fair (considering low-duration Limbos would be outside the rift more often).

20 minutes ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

I mainly like the idea of the collisions for the chance to interact with things out in the world without leaving the rift. Not sure how the whole "i shoot you but you can't shoot me" would go but it does sound appealing. Balanced? Not sure, though having it be duration-based seems quite fair (considering low-duration Limbos would be outside the rift more often).

I think it would be balanced, considering that you would only be able to attack every few seconds. There are much more efficient ways to deal with enemies and it would still be a worse stealth mechanic in a way.