Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm gonna complain about shadow stalker

Riku0142

On 25/08/2016 at 0:05 AM, BornWithTeeth said:

Bruh. I have put three Forma on my Ack and Brunt.

Today.

I have put three Forma on my Ack and Brunt today. Right now, this ver moment in time, as I type this, see this ellipsis....that ellipsis was me drinking some beer, I am paused on the Dark Sector Survival node on ceres finalising my Ack and Brunt's fourth Forma, at which point we're done and I consider it finished.

Dark Sectors, bruh. They'll level the shiz out out of your melee weapons.

EDIT: Now, I'm not saying I'm drunk. But I've got Final Harbinger on the Ack and Brunt, and I'm playing some rocking eighties shiz, and it just...it just works, you know. Disco Death Blender.

POST-EDIT: 2000 Credits Cache can retreat in a hurried fashion before I describe said retreat with profanities!

EDIT-POST-EDIT: Yeargh pale ale and Forma. Combine pale ale and Forma for maximum results. It's what DE would recommend!*

*DE would not recommend this and would probably say no comment about alcohol and gaming.

On 25/08/2016 at 0:33 AM, BornWithTeeth said:

EDIT: Ahahahahahaha Stalker showed up on the Gabii Dark Sector, and in a drunken haze I death-blendered him to death in like two seconds flat with an unifnished yet three-forma'ed Ack and Brunt, melee only. DE pls buff Shadow Stalker, he does not elicit fear or competitiveness, I just feel sorry for the sad sack of [insert genitalia of preferred gender].

It went a bit like this, mate.

Just now, Riku0142 said:

Guess I didn't make it clear but I do, I always have my dread on me or some weapon thats not &#! for the sole purpose of being able to kill S#&$, issue with that is he resists the damage it deals after i get him to half health

so you bring a low rate of fire weapon that specializes in one damage type while lacking in others aaaaaand you don't get why he's not dying?

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It went a bit like this, mate.

was the the shadow stalker or normal stalker? Regular stalker is a joke at this point but the only thing I've got that can deal with shadow stalker on its own is my tigris prime which I don't want to carry around at all times.

2 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

so you bring a low rate of fire weapon that specializes in one damage type while lacking in others aaaaaand you don't get why he's not dying?

lol I know why hes not dying, I bring a silenced weapon becuase I'm doing spy missions and the best one of those that I've got is the Dread

3 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

He almost has the right tactic. Low rate of fire plus massive crit is an excellent way of fighting Shadow Stalker. It's just that you have to make sure you're packing a serious Elemental as well as pure Slash.

Shadow Stalker does not regenerate hitpoints, and his melee attacks are slow, so you can ground spin past him with melee.

@Riku0142

Nope, definitely Shadow Stalker.

I'm gonna be honest, mate, I consider old Stalker to be a bigger threat than Shadow Stalker.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 minute ago, Riku0142 said:

was the the shadow stalker or normal stalker? Regular stalker is a joke at this point but the only thing I've got that can deal with shadow stalker on its own is my tigris prime which I don't want to carry around at all times.

......why would he not be referencing the shadow stalker.......

BornWithTeeth

@BornWithTeeth

It's not that I'm trying to kill him or specifically making an effort to do so, I'm just getting sick of him deciding to show up at the worst possible times while I'm trying to level up so I'm not prepared to fight him. I'm sure it doesn't help that most of my weapons aren't fully built and all but if I've got even one of my other decent weapons with my like my vaykor marelok or even my dual toxocist I can deal with him no problem. But the fact that he just pops in to diddle me when I've got just the one weapon that actually does any damage is a pain.

7 minutes ago, Riku0142 said:

BornWithTeeth

@BornWithTeeth

It's not that I'm trying to kill him or specifically making an effort to do so, I'm just getting sick of him deciding to show up at the worst possible times while I'm trying to level up so I'm not prepared to fight him. I'm sure it doesn't help that most of my weapons aren't fully built and all but if I've got even one of my other decent weapons with my like my vaykor marelok or even my dual toxocist I can deal with him no problem. But the fact that he just pops in to diddle me when I've got just the one weapon that actually does any damage is a pain.

Hmmm. What's your highest ranked Focus school, and what Focus abilities do you have unlocked?

How mobile are you when you fight the Shadow Stalker? Are you careful to maintain a decent range between you, but not so far that he will respond by teleporting you to him for a finisher?

Do you use lots of bullet jumps? Do you watch how he times his abilities?

Tips for fighting the Shadow Stalker:

- You're more mobile than he is, by far. Kite him around and take potshots at him. He hits hard, but moves slow. If he hits you, back off and regenerate a bit. It's ok to turn it into a drawn out slugging match. There's no shame in saving a slot in your Gear wheel for health restores, just in case you mess up and get hit.

- Avoid melee, with one exception. 

- Do not use high DPS weapons to initiate. Instead, use high damage per shot weapons against him, i.e. Tigris, Vaykor Marelok, Tonkor, bows. Avoid rapid fire cycling weapons, especially to begin with, as those will cause his Sentient armour to adapt faster. If you have a Soma and a Vaykor Marelok, use the pistol first.

- Carry at least two different elemental loadouts. Try to have Radiation, Viral, and Corrosive, as well as a blend of Slash, Impact, and Puncture, across your Primary, Secondary, Melee, and Companion arms. Watch for the icons over his health track, they'll indicate which damage types he's resistant to. I strongly recommend packing a totally different elemental loadout on your Sentinel, just to give you that extra damage vector.

- Shadow Stalker says "YOURRR TENNO POWERSSS ARE UUUSELESSSSSSSSS......!!!!" He's wrong. Your Warframe powers are useless. Your Tenno powers, on the other hand, might be very useful. I am, of course, talking about Focus. The Stalker cannot Dispel Focus abilities. Now, the direct actives may not be a lot of use against him, but the passives might just save your life. Vazarin's active can bring you and your companion back to full health, and lend you a little temporary damage resistance. Unairu can buff your armour and make it harder for him to swipe you to death. Madurai can help you deal more damage and hopefully drive him off sooner. I have not yet tested Zenurik's Umbra Lance ability against him. However, the most potent Focus ability to use against him is Naramon's melee tree.

- This, the Naramon critical hit tree, is the exception I mentioned above. If you have Naramon's enhanced criticals and critical hit stealth active, then you can absolutely go toe to toe with the Stalker. Two warnings: (1) His armour will still be in effect, so you'll be whittling him to death. It might take upwards of ten seconds of whaling on him, and that's a long time to be in melee with a single opponent. (2) The Stalker won't be able to see you, so he won't be able to use his fancy targeted kockdown and damage combos on you. He will still, however, know that he's being attacked, and he'll respond by flailing blindly with War. If he catches you with it, it'll still do godly damage, so even with Shadow Step active you can't just face-tank his swings. Stay mobile, hit him from the flanks and behind, don't be afraid to unload a few shotgun rounds into him while you disengage and re-engage.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmm. What's your highest ranked Focus school, and what Focus abilities do you have unlocked?

How mobile are you when you fight the Shadow Stalker? Are you careful to maintain a decent range between you, but not so far that he will respond by teleporting you to him for a finisher?

Do you use lots of bullet jumps? Do you watch how he times his abilities?

Tips for fighting the Shadow Stalker:

Reveal hidden contents

- You're more mobile than he is, by far. Kite him around and take potshots at him. He hits hard, but moves slow. If he hits you, back off and regenerate a bit. It's ok to turn it into a drawn out slugging match.

- Avoid melee, with one exception. 

- Do not use high DPS weapons to initiate. Instead, use high damage per shot weapons against him, i.e. Tigris, Vaykor Marelok, Tonkor, bows. Avoid rapid fire cycling weapons, especially to begin with, as those will cause his Sentient armour to adapt faster. If you have a Soma and a Vaykor Marelok, use the pistol first.

- Carry at least two different elemental loadouts. Try to have Radiation, Viral, and Corrosive, as well as a blend of Slash, Impact, and Puncture, across your Primary, Secondary, Melee, and Companion arms. Watch for the icons over his health track, they'll indicate which damage types he's resistant to. I strongly recommend packing a totally different elemental loadout on your Sentinel, just to give you that extra damage vector.

- Shadow Stalker says "YOURRR TENNO POWERSSS ARE UUUSELESSSSSSSSS......!!!!" He's wrong. Your Warframe powers are useless. Your Tenno powers, on the other hand, might be very useful. I am, of course, talking about Focus. The Stalker cannot Dispel Focus abilities. Now, the direct actives may not be a lot of use against him, but the passives might just save your life. Vazarin's active can bring you and your companion back to full health, and lend you a little temporary damage resistance. Unairu can buff your armour and make it harder for him to swipe you to death. Madurai can help you deal more damage and hopefully drive him off sooner. I have not yet tested Zenurik's Umbra Lance ability against him. However, the most potent Focus ability to use against him is Naramon's melee tree.

- This, the Naramon critical hit tree, is the exception I mentioned above. If you have Naramon's enhanced criticals and critical hit stealth active, then you can absolutely go toe to toe with the Stalker. Two warnings: (1) His armour will still be in effect, so you'll be whittling him to death. It might take upwards of ten seconds of whaling on him, and that's a long time to be in melee with a single opponent. (2) The Stalker won't be able to see you, so he won't be able to use his fancy targeted kockdown and damage combos on you. He will still, however, know that he's being attacked, and he'll respond by flailing blindly with War. If he catches you with it, it'll still do godly damage, so even with Shadow Step active you can't just face-tank his swings. Stay mobile, hit him from the flanks and behind, don't be afraid to unload a few shotgun rounds into him while you disengage and re-engage.

Fighting him isn't the issue like I said in the first post he doesn't hit me and I don't die to him unless I just give up trying to kill him, I know how to fight him and and highest focus is madurai I think. Like I said though the issue is that I can't deal enough damage to him when he shows up I've got a couple weapons that can deal with him no problem, mainly my tigris prime cuz its damage is dumb and my soma prime because its just about fully built (i say just about because past me was an idiot and did not forma it well). Since I like to level on spy missions I usually just bring my Dread or Despair but neither of them can deal with him on their on in their current state of not having forma in them. I've got no plat so I can't just solve that problem by throwing money at them and I'm currently in the process of building my stuff up because again past me was an idiot and didn't bother doing any of that earlier.

Add "fade out time" to the resistance. Done....

kinda similar to "toughness" in Cosmic break damage system

example

100dmg weapon repeatedly fire

100-100-60-60-60-40-40-40-30-30-25-25-25-25-25....

100dmg weapon fires after toughness faded out

100-------5 seconds------100-------5 seconds-------100

The devs have said assassins do not take your equipment level into account. The reason they seem to attack more when you are leveling stuff is Confirmation Bias. You don't remember the the times you melt him in seconds as well as you do the times you get frustrated by him. 

I've met Shadow Stalker five times this week (and gotten five Dread bp >.< ) I find that the most reliable way to kill him is going melee and blocking.

When I have my beloved four formaed Tipedo the poor bugger just dies in a couple of seconds but one time I was leveling some other melee weapon (mid-ranked) and the outcome just took a little longer.  My advice would be to make sure you have a couple of damage types on it whenever possible as he can only adapt to one at a time now.

That applies to any weapon type not just melee.

The biggest trouble is when he chooses to appear at the same time as the sentients, which he manages to do with alarming regularity.

I have encountered Shadow Stalker 2 times when I was leveling Titania. He seems to not recognize Razorwing as I was able to slice and dice him without disspelling it. 

My tip is to rank up your mastery to get more points in new weapons,  which increases the chances of beating him. 

20 minutes ago, Sabreracer said:

I've met Shadow Stalker five times this week (and gotten five Dread bp >.< ) I find that the most reliable way to kill him is going melee and blocking.

When I have my beloved four formaed Tipedo the poor bugger just dies in a couple of seconds but one time I was leveling some other melee weapon (mid-ranked) and the outcome just took a little longer.

Were you using long range melees such as polearms? I find that you can whittle Shadow Stalker to death more efficiently with them due to long range and fast helicopter blade swings - just go around him singing 'Ring around the Rosie' while spamming quick melee :3

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

20 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

if you're willing to take the risk and deal with a stalker hunting you without something that can adequately kill him quickly, that's your fault. it's the outcome of your decision. that's all there is to it. if you wanna be patient and still be able to protect yourself, then good. if not, one literally loses all grounds to launch a complaint because you chose to bring inferior gear.

I never said not bringing "adequate" gear, or rather mods, was not unwise. Just that as far as I'm concerned there is no consequence, and therefore no point, in bothering with it. I also mentioned that this observation was only based on my personal experience, since a sufficient MR allows pretty decent modding even on unranked weapons. I didn't say lower MR players should do the same and go at it with their pants down. I'd also like to point out that "inferior" gear is mostly irrelevant when it comes to the Stalker. Unless he spawns in a high level mission, you just need enough different damage types to counter one precise mechanic, damage output is not that important. The guy himself is not much of a threat once that is taken into consideration. I fought him with unranked primary and secondary weapons more than once, and other than the fight taking varying amounts of time depending on his level range, it was in no way more "difficult" than facing him with a fully ranked gear. Just tedious sometimes. I don't remember ever facing SS with an unranked frame without any mods like Vitality though. I wonder if that would make a difference? Probably at low-to-mid levels I guess?

Also with 1.5% spawnrate, the wait can be quite long, and doesn't make it feel much like a "hunt" IMO. But again, that's just me, I totally understand the importance and agree with the "always be prepared" approach. Saved my hide more than once. Just not with SS.

10 hours ago, Beggining said:

Were you using long range melees such as polearms? I find that you can whittle Shadow Stalker to death more efficiently with them due to long range and fast helicopter blade swings - just go around him singing 'Ring around the Rosie' while spamming quick melee :3

I usually equip my melee so I can block rather than QM but ones with a greater reach as well as fast attacks are my preferred types.  Especially if I can proc Berserker on them.

1 minute ago, Sabreracer said:

I usually equip my melee so I can block rather than QM but ones with a greater reach as well as fast attacks are my preferred types.  Especially if I can proc Berserker on them.

Yeah, blocking is essential if you're going to go toe-to-toe against the Stalker (dat War damage tho) but some weapons are a lot more manageable in quick melees, such as the Orthos Prime.

Also, super fast helicopter blade spins FTW!

On 9/8/2016 at 0:20 PM, Riku0142 said:

and slaughtering me

You actually LOSE to this idiot?!

I have potatoes on less than a quarter of my weapons. I use randomizer, and get lots of frames and weapons that have mediocre setups. And Shad Stalk can barely touch me

The thing about Shad Stalk is that he's slow, predictable, and has almost no ranged options. Unless you get trapped under his prism he can do nothing against a Tenno on the move. The answer is simple: kite, kite like a man. Chip him away to nothing while cackling like a giant troll. Yes, Shad Stalk can adapt to four different damage types, but he gains his fourth resistance at 15% health and runs away at 10% health. That's not a lot of damage you need to do after that fourth resistance

Edited by TARINunit9

10 hours ago, Marthrym said:

I never said not bringing "adequate" gear, or rather mods, was not unwise. Just that as far as I'm concerned there is no consequence, and therefore no point, in bothering with it. I also mentioned that this observation was only based on my personal experience, since a sufficient MR allows pretty decent modding even on unranked weapons. I didn't say lower MR players should do the same and go at it with their pants down. I'd also like to point out that "inferior" gear is mostly irrelevant when it comes to the Stalker. Unless he spawns in a high level mission, you just need enough different damage types to counter one precise mechanic, damage output is not that important. The guy himself is not much of a threat once that is taken into consideration. I fought him with unranked primary and secondary weapons more than once, and other than the fight taking varying amounts of time depending on his level range, it was in no way more "difficult" than facing him with a fully ranked gear. Just tedious sometimes. I don't remember ever facing SS with an unranked frame without any mods like Vitality though. I wonder if that would make a difference? Probably at low-to-mid levels I guess?

Also with 1.5% spawnrate, the wait can be quite long, and doesn't make it feel much like a "hunt" IMO. But again, that's just me, I totally understand the importance and agree with the "always be prepared" approach. Saved my hide more than once. Just not with SS.

exactly. so in this regard, stalker is just fine n dandy. people often forget that you're not meant to win at everything forever. This is WarFrame, not PowerThirst.