Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Mirage Rework

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys! I wanted to give a rework concept for Mirage. Now, I can already smell the hate and hear the Simulors being prepared to shoot me. But honestly, she needs a change. She used to be my favorite Warframe. I love her theme I think she is absolutely gorgeous and she is extremely powerful. There is just one issue: She's boring. Two of her skills might as well be her passives and she doesn't really do any "illusive tricks".

1. Hall of Mirrors: Same as it is now, but recasting the ability will cause the mirror images to explode (doesn't deal damage, simply blinds enemies in an unmodified ten meter range). Mirage will be granted a 50% movement and maneuver bonus for 110% of Hall of Mirror's remaining time. Now a twist, aiming at an enemy and holding the ability (for like 0.5 seconds) will cause Mirage to create an illusionary copy of that enemy that disguises her. She is not invisible and bumping into an enemy will break the illusion. This allows a degree of stealth capabilities for Mirage.

2. Sleight of Hand: I already did one for this. Basically make the enemies actively seek out traps (akin to Titania's Lantern) and activate them.

3. Eclipse: This one is kinda hard. If Eclipse is active, recasting Hall of Mirrors in light will double the blind radius. Recasting in darkness will create a dazzling display of smoke and colors that reduce enemy accuracy in a fifteen meter range and detonates any nearby Sleight of Hand trap. Illusionary copies of enemies cannot be created while Eclipse is active. Eclipse can be manually deactivated by holding down the ability button for 0.5 seconds.

4. Prism: Casting Prism while Hall of Mirrors is active will instead create five Prisms (one for you and your clones). Each Prism will have 1/5 of the whole Prism's stats (range and damage) but will move two times faster and have a shorter casting animation 

Thoughts? :)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

8 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Thoughts? :)

Some nice ideas! I finally picked up Mirage about a week ago and I'm really enjoying her, her style is very much unlike other frames. But I am finding some of her gameplay a little lackluster, mostly because her 1 and 3 are just straight-up buffs that you basically just have to pay attention to to keep them on for all the time you can. While Mirage doesn't need any big changes, a synergy-focused updated would do her wonders. These are good suggestions.

Just change the augment so that with it, you're allowed to recast. IMO Blind would be too redundant. Why cast 4 when I can cast 1? Even if the range is shorter it's still cheaper to cast (and you usually just blind enemies that get too close.

IMO Sleight of Hand needs a complete rework.

For the others, they're fine. I love that I can have 5 disco balls with that.

she dont need a rework or buff DE need too focus in warframes that are realy outclassed like zephyr and hidro or limbo 
zephyr have nice stats but only one good ability the first 2 are killed by parkour 2.0  and we now have a frame that can fly  and her 4 is a piss off ...
hidro lacks of something  cast animation faster better targeting system dono is bady
and limbo have so much potential and DE screw him up since the realese

and DE should pick the dam theme for oberon or make him a paladin or make him a druid u can never have this 2 classes in dam same char and make him work 100%
because the conter them selfs but yea my personal idea is make him a druid cuz of the name he have  and later on create a paladin warframe  

15 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Some nice ideas! I finally picked up Mirage about a week ago and I'm really enjoying her, her style is very much unlike other frames. But I am finding some of her gameplay a little lackluster, mostly because her 1 and 3 are just straight-up buffs that you basically just have to pay attention to to keep them on for all the time you can. While Mirage doesn't need any big changes, a synergy-focused updated would do her wonders. These are good suggestions.

Thank you :3

6 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Just change the augment so that with it, you're allowed to recast. IMO Blind would be too redundant. Why cast 4 when I can cast 1? Even if the range is shorter it's still cheaper to cast (and you usually just blind enemies that get too close.

IMO Sleight of Hand needs a complete rework.

For the others, they're fine. I love that I can have 5 disco balls with that.

It's not redundant considering all four of Frost's abilities freeze and three of Ember's light things on fire.

3 minutes ago, venon23 said:

she dont need a rework or buff DE need too focus in warframes that are realy outclassed like zephyr and hidro or limbo 
zephyr have nice stats but only one good ability the first 2 are killed by parkour 2.0  and we now have a frame that can fly  and her 4 is a piss off ...
hidro lacks of something  cast animation faster better targeting system dono is bady
and limbo have so much potential and DE screw him up since the realese

and DE should pick the dam theme for oberon or make him a paladin or make him a druid u can never have this 2 classes in dam same char and make him work 100%
because the conter them selfs but yea my personal idea is make him a druid cuz of the name he have  and later on create a paladin warframe  

Yes she does. She eventually will get one.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Thank you :3

It's not redundant considering all four of Frost's abilities freeze and three of Ember's light things on fire.

Yes she does. She eventually will get one.

in the next 2 years for sure ya but not now since u have tons of warframes in bad spot

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Well, in my opinion, she does. It wouldn't harm her one bit. If Excalibur, the swordsman, can blind, then why can't Mirage have a little tweak to Hall of Mirrors? She manipulates the spectrum of light. 

And so I bring back Prism. Why cast 4 if I can cast 1. Damage is negligible already, since I can dish out more with HoM.

30 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

And so I bring back Prism. Why cast 4 if I can cast 1. Damage is negligible already, since I can dish out more with HoM.

Because Prism:

1. Doesn't deprive you of extra fire power and protection

2. Has a much larger, modifiable area of effect

3. Can blind enemies from afar. So Mirage doesn't risk being annihilated. 

No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's a great tweak. I literally didn't nerf her, rather gave her more buffs and more variety in regards to playstyle. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Because Prism:

1. Doesn't deprive you of extra fire power and protection

2. Has a much larger area of effect

3. Can blind enemies from afar. So Mirage doesn't risk being annihilated 

Few things can kill you while you have both HoM and Eclipse on. These few are Toxin/Slash DoT or Bombards/Napalms.

HoM already takes enemy aggro away from you and Eclipse gives you 95% Damage reduction (using maxed Transient Fortitude and Intensify). People usually blind when HoM is almost out of time. But if you make it recastable + blind, there really is no use for Prism.

If you are putting the blind on the copies (not a mirage main, pls don't mind me too much, I just like giving ideas) why keep it on the ult?

Prism, if cast in the darkness, or in light, should do different things...

Maybe ash smoke on affected enemies when cast from darkness that reduces aim and decreases armor/sheilds/damage reduction auras, and burning burning fire when cast from the light that sets an enemy ablaze (burning radiation), and causes others near them to panic or attack them. When it bursts, it spreads smaller affects

Iv wanted a shadow frame for a long time, but mirage is the closest thing there is....

I really like your ideas, Mirage is my favorite Warframe.

Hall of Mirrors & Sleight of hand are awesome, Eclipse is a little hard to picture, and having the clones spawn Prisms sounds like something like Augments would do, she is a Glass cannon and is pretty versatile and thats why i like her,  but thats just my two cents.

9 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

If you are putting the blind on the copies (not a mirage main, pls don't mind me too much, I just like giving ideas) why keep it on the ult?

Prism, if cast in the darkness, or in light, should do different things...

Maybe ash smoke on affected enemies when cast from darkness that reduces aim and decreases armor/sheilds/damage reduction auras, and burning burning fire when cast from the light that sets an enemy ablaze (burning radiation), and causes others near them to panic or attack them. When it bursts, it spreads smaller affects

Iv wanted a shadow frame for a long time, but mirage is the closest thing there is....

Your idea of Prisms effects cast in different lights is also very interesting.

57 minutes ago, The_Trainee said:

I really like your ideas, Mirage is my favorite Warframe.

Hall of Mirrors & Sleight of hand are awesome, Eclipse is a little hard to picture, and having the clones spawn Prisms sounds like something like Augments would do, she is a Glass cannon and is pretty versatile and thats why i like her,  but thats just my two cents.

Thank you! <3

I also like the Conclave augment for Prism: Prism Guard. Having Prism orbit above you as you move is awesome. What a normal Prism Augment would do is that every time it bounces off a surface, it emits a flash that is half of your modified, exploding blind. But that's just my opinion :3

8 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Thank you! <3

I also like the Conclave augment for Prism: Prism Guard. Having Prism orbit above you as you move is awesome. What a normal Prism Augment would do is that every time it bounces off a surface, it emits a flash that is half of your modified, exploding blind. But that's just my opinion :3

Yes, the conclave Augment is awesome, i with those were available for PVE.

And that prisms Augment is pretty clever, i tend to aim it at walls in narrow corridors anyway so it keeps ricocheting within that small space making it useful on most ship based tile sets.

9 hours ago, The_Trainee said:

Idk...it's mainly an idea on how to expand on what it already does, while leaving the blind to the mirrors. someone somewhere said it does extra damage if cast in light, so I went with that

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit