The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male vs. Female Operators - the odds

Deshiel

1 minute ago, Haspitas said:

Ah then I might have misinterpreted the your last sentence as a suggestion, my bad.

Though I think the only way we can actually see people play more female operators (Or in my case, be able to tell their gender at all) is to have an increase in customization choices such as Suit Patterns, Hair Styles, Make up etc. 

I usualy assume that one is either male or female by the voice bank they chose.

More wardrobe is always a good idea, but at this point you only see them when they use the focus skill and that doesn't last long unless you pump the core power with focus points. Maybe they will make some more interatcive ways for Opies :)

Just now, Deshiel said:

I usualy assume that one is either male or female by the voice bank they chose.

More wardrobe is always a good idea, but at this point you only see them when they use the focus skill and that doesn't last long unless you pump the core power with focus points. Maybe they will make some more interatcive ways for Opies :)

Interaction between our operators in a good fashion (Maybe like a Social Hub?) is a good way to help, I agree.

Why would we have a bobs slider in a game where Your operator is a kid...  very unneeded and just vulgar. And While it can increase the female operator population, it would be for a very wrong reason.

No thank, I would like to have my operators Boob slider free.

Edited by Midrib

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I would also put forward the suggestion that anyone who defends their position in a debate or argument by saying the equivalent of "Ha, see how easily triggered you are!" should be required to sit down and think for a little while about how that actually affects their position and makes them look to other observers.

Wonderful, more, misinterpretation and antagonizing.

2 minutes ago, Haspitas said:

Interaction between our operators in a good fashion (Maybe like a Social Hub?) is a good way to help, I agree.

You know what might be cool and sort of doable and realistic? The operators could be shown on the main window screen on your orbiter. Right now you see the landing crafts of the people that join your team. But maybe we could see the operators too, star trek "on screen" style. Somehow posed around the frame of the window to see them and still view the landing crafts aswel. Or perhaps they could appear as holos on your ship.

36 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Corrent me if I am mistaken, but right now the only way to identify the gender of friendly operator is to witness them in thier apparation form during missions,

One more question. Do you think that a breast slider in customisation would increase the female operators in population or would it remain the same?

I am not sure whether I find it more offensive that you are asking for a Breast slider for underage characters, or that you refused to use spellcheck.

Everyone one I know uses a female Operator (myself included), mostly because during The Second Dream, the model that came out of the pod looked like the definitely slimmer model of the female Operator compared to the male one, which is actually where you can recognize the gender pretty well if you don't go overboard with the clothes.

Edited by Senigata

For the record, I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with a bust slider for Operators, although it would be awkward if that was the only form of body customization we had. Not aiming this at anyone in particular, just wanted to throw it out there.

There are young teen girls that have large breasts, like your Ariel Winters. It's a real bodytype, not just some pervy fantasy. To say that it's vulgar or should be excluded on principle alone is no different from any other kind of bodyshaming.

Just now, Senigata said:

Everyone one know uses a female Operator (me included), mostly because during The Second Dream, the model that came out of the pod looked like the definitely slimmer model of the female Operator compared to the male one, which is actually where you can recognize the gender pretty well if you don't go overboard with the clothes.

Yes we all had female model when second dream launched. But that was forced and people customised the tenno afterwards to thier liking and preference. :)

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

There are young teen girls that have large breasts, like your Ariel Winters. It's a real bodytype, not just some pervy fantasy. To say that it's vulgar or should be excluded on principle alone is no different from any other kind of bodyshaming.

That is true, but that doesn't make it any less messed up.

Just now, Deshiel said:

Yes we all had female model when second dream launched. But that was forced and people customised the tenno afterwards to thier liking and preference. :)

Eh, I find the idea of a little girl controlling something massive like a Rhino pretty funny. But yeah it should always be customizeable.

3 minutes ago, Senigata said:

Eh, I find the idea of a little girl controlling something massive like a Rhino pretty funny. But yeah it should always be customizeable.

You can always give the little girl some man* voice to make it all more realistic. :) :) Well atleast in this game you can give her Heron (voicebank)

Edited by Deshiel

Just now, Deshiel said:

You can always give the little girl some man* voice to make it all more realistic. :) :) Well atleast in this game you can give her Heron (voicebank)

I think I'll stay with Raven. Gives me the woobie feels most of the time.

14 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Wonderful, more, misinterpretation and antagonizing.

You know what might be cool and sort of doable and realistic? The operators could be shown on the main window screen on your orbiter. Right now you see the landing crafts of the people that join your team. But maybe we could see the operators too, star trek "on screen" style. Somehow posed around the frame of the window to see them and still view the landing crafts aswel. Or perhaps they could appear as holos on your ship.

The Window Screen suggestion seems to be doable though I don't think there is enough space in the ship for holograms.

For the sub-topic which seems to be discussed alot, the Bust Slider.

Alot of games have Bust or Breast sliders, it's normal. The thing about it is that those game only allow Adult characters to have this option, as a sort of eye candy for men and just more customization for women. The thing here is that while adding the slider wouldn't effect women players much, it would however have an ethical effect on men as in "Why do you want to make under-aged girls have large breasts?" or "Needless Fan-service" etc.

Though i'm actually neutral as I don't really care much for the operators themselves. But DE adding an option like this could give the game and the company a bad reputation as many countries look down upon such things (As no matter how we think, there's alot of people who would scream "PEDOPHILE" at even the slightest things)

Edited by Haspitas

Just now, Senigata said:

I think I'll stay with Raven. Gives me the woobie feels most of the time.

I meant it as a joke :)

6 minutes ago, Thunderblunder66 said:

That is true, but that doesn't make it any less messed up.

Only thing that is messed up is you still reacting to that misunderstanding in the first page. This thread is not about wanton for boob slider. Never was.  >:(

I use a female operator. Mainly because I use a majority of the female frames. Plus I generally use females in games anyway. Whether it be for aesthetics (men get quite the shaft when it comes to customization in games. I.e. Pokemon X and Y, male clothing is so uninspired) or function. Don't care. That being said, no. I'm completely against a boob slider. The Tenno we play as are children. If they were to implement a boob slider then that would open up a nasty can of worms and, undoubtedly, "trigger" quite a few people. Now if the Tenno we played as were adults, sure boob it up, but no. That's not the case.

I mean think of it this way. What if Pokemon had a boob slider? Yeah. A bunch of 10 year olds with giant %$#... Ugh I need to wash my mouth out.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

I use a female operator. Mainly because I use a majority of the female frames. Plus I generally use females in games anyway. Whether it be for aesthetics (men get quite the shaft when it comes to customization in games. I.e. Pokemon X and Y, male clothing is so uninspired) or function. Don't care. That being said, no. I'm completely against a boob slider. The Tenno we play as are children. If they were to implement a boob slider then that would open up a nasty can of worms and, undoubtedly, "trigger" quite a few people. Now if the Tenno we played as were adults, sure boob it up, but no. That's not the case.

I mean think of it this way. What if Pokemon had a boob slider? Yeah. A bunch of 10 year olds with giant %$#... Ugh I need to wash my mouth out.

Lawlz You sir said what I felt in Pokemon. Started over after beating the game because male clothes were so linear. GIRLS HAD IT ALLLLLLLL! But seriously look at Dawn and May they do have some boobage unlike Misty.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145