The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male vs. Female Operators - the odds

Deshiel

4 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

I never pay attention to what other operators look like. Don't really care.

I wonder if DE will add something so we can actually see other player's Operators outside of them hitting 5. Maybe during team play we could have the other Operator say something instead of our own. I mean what else is the costumization good for if not to show it off?

5 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

I never pay attention to what other operators look like. Don't really care.

nice.

1 minute ago, Senigata said:

I wonder if DE will add something so we can actually see other player's Operators outside of them hitting 5. Maybe during team play we could have the other Operator say something instead of our own. I mean what else is the costumization good for if not to show it off?

They could atleast make emotes that make them reappear without the use of the focus button huh? :)

Edited by Deshiel

Just now, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I think we need more, better, "normal" looking female hair styles just to boost the female Operator userbase. While I appreciate the... "outgoing" approach to making the Operator hairstyles look more punk and edgy, they all only seem to cater to male Operators better.

Yeah some of the hairstyles are too cyber-hobo for me. Thats probably just my opinion tho.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I think we need more, better, "normal" looking female hair styles just to boost the female Operator userbase. While I appreciate the... "outgoing" approach to making the Operator hairstyles look more punk and edgy, they all only seem to cater to male Operators better.

I think there are only 2 really female looking styles and one of them looks a bit weird because the fringe has this weird almost balding look to it.

Edited by Senigata

10 minutes ago, Senigata said:

Relays would be nice. Dojo too

23 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

They could atleast make emotes that make them reappear without the use of the focus button huh? :)

This is already coming. It leaked a while ago, and they quickly patched it out. Probably coming with full functionality in The War Within once the role of Operator is expanded.

HgAY8qx.jpgX3bqz3v.jpgLga4NX7.jpg

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

This is already coming. It leaked a while ago, and they quickly patched it out. Probably coming with full functionality in The War Within once the role of Operator is expanded.

Reveal hidden contents

HgAY8qx.jpgX3bqz3v.jpgLga4NX7.jpg

Thats good to know. Thanks for telling me.

But I dont see anything suspishus in the screenshots you posted.

I think a more SFW aspect to differentiate between male and female operators are facial structures. I feel like the face area of the operators should be a clear indication since it's more...appropriate than "breasts sliders" (I swear with every game I played that had breast sliders or mammary physics, there were more female players, obviously for the wrong reasons [ESPECIALLY IF CLOTHING OPTIONS WERE OFF-THE-CHARTS IN TERMS OF FREEDOM], but I'm getting off-topic). Other ways are:

• Outfits
  • Hairstyles
  • Voices (The two sets implemented are fine, one can't be greedy for more voice variety)

Also might be a bit "nit-picky" but like a gender selector would be nice, just had the boys section with their respective hairs and voices and the female section with their respective hairs and voices.

Just now, Deshiel said:

Thats good to know. Thanks for telling me.

But I dont see anything suspishus in the screenshots you posted.

There's an ellipses (...) button below the gestures in the first screenshot.

Clicking it opens up the menu in the second screenshot that mimics the Gesture screen but with Operator phrases on it instead (the only one available is Enemy Marked).

Selecting that phrase prompts the Operator to pop up and declare 'Target marked!' (third screenshot) which was fully voiced, proving that it's definitely not some placeholder or random test. It was fully functional.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Clicking it opens up the menu in the second screenshot that mimics the Gesture screen but with Operator phrases on it instead (the only one available is Enemy Marked).

Selecting that phrase prompts the Operator to pop up and declare 'Target marked!' (third screenshot) which was fully voiced, proving that it's definitely not some placeholder or random test. It was fully functional.

Oh I see thanks for the clarification. :)

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

Does this mean we will be able to play as our operator? ;O

3 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I think a more SFW aspect to differentiate between male and female operators are facial structures. I feel like the face area of the operators should be a clear indication since it's more...appropriate than "breasts sliders" (I swear with every game I played that had breast sliders or mammary physics, there were more female players, obviously for the wrong reasons [ESPECIALLY IF CLOTHING OPTIONS WERE OFF-THE-CHARTS IN TERMS OF FREEDOM], but I'm getting off-topic). Other ways are:

• Outfits
  • Hairstyles
  • Voices (The two sets implemented are fine, one can't be greedy for more voice variety)

Also might be a bit "nit-picky" but like a gender selector would be nice, just had the boys section with their respective hairs and voices and the female section with their respective hairs and voices.

Well choosing the face DOES also choose the body, which is clearly the big difference between male or female. And I think some of new face options got the hang of looking female pretty well.

Spoiler

warframe0003nlawl.jpg

Some of the first faces might need some tweaking though.

6 minutes ago, Senigata said:

Well choosing the face DOES also choose the body, which is clearly the big difference between male or female. And I think some of new face options got the hang of looking female pretty well.

Hide contents

warframe0003nlawl.jpg

Some of the first faces might need some tweaking though.

No they're perfect~ Just gotta master the use of the face slider and secondary face slider~

C8hWhq0.jpg

10 minutes ago, Zarozian said:

Does this mean we will be able to play as our operator? ;O

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

You know what's interesting? When you look at the Operator costumes in the market, they're previewed on two standing Operators, right? Big deal, you might think, it's just some placeholder generic standing animation. But if you compare it to all the other generic neutral standing animations, it's not quite the same. Why on earth would they make a brand new standing animation for the store preview...?

6 minutes ago, Zarozian said:

No they're perfect~ Just gotta master the use of the face slider and secondary face slider~

Too bad we didn't have those sliders from the beginning, that really helped  though.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

You know what's interesting? When you look at the Operator costumes in the market, they're previewed on two standing Operators, right? Big deal, you might think, it's just some placeholder generic standing animation. But if you compare it to all the other generic neutral standing animations, it's not quite the same. Why on earth would they make a brand new standing animation for the store preview...?

The thing with a walking Operator though is that we can't jump around with them like in a Warframe so navigation in the Dojo and even Relais would be way slower I'd assume.

5 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Creating a static pose with DEV tools is something you can do in a mater of minutes. So I wouldn't give much weight to them standing there. But if those poses are parts of some real operator  exclusive animation sets then yeah.

2 minutes ago, Senigata said:

Too bad we didn't have those sliders from the beginning, that really helped  though.

The thing with a walking Operator though is that we can't jump around with them like in a Warframe so navigation in the Dojo and even Relais would be way slower I'd assume.

I bet that every operator has a potential to do what they want, literally as in with endless possibilities. So they could fly for example.