The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male vs. Female Operators - the odds

Deshiel

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

I thought they all sounded high or depressed, except for the Falcon XD

Raven definitely sounds a bit depressive, which actually makes sense given the whole backstory of the characters. Falcon just...I dunno comes off as a pretty bratty teenager.

5 minutes ago, Senigata said:

Raven definitely sounds a bit depressive, which actually makes sense given the whole backstory of the characters. Falcon just...I dunno comes off as a pretty bratty teenager.

"My warframe...is STRONG!"

"Attack us, and we will COUNTER!"

"MOVE and STRIKE, we have to win THIS!"

It does sound bratty, I agree. Might want to try out the Raven's voice after this, though that means I don't get to be an 80's superhero :p

"My warframe...is STRONG!"

"Attack us, and we will COUNTER!"

"MOVE and STRIKE, we have to win THIS!"

It does sound bratty, I agree. Might want to try out the Raven's voice after this, though that means I don't get to be an 80's superhero :p

Raven's "I hope we're ready for this" sounds so damn tired. But she also has some fun lines, and is generelly more subdued. Of course for me the voice has to fit the face and Falcon just doesn't work with it imo.

1 minute ago, Senigata said:

Raven's "I hope we're ready for this" sounds so damn tired. But she also has some fun lines, and is generelly more subdued. Of course for me the voice has to fit the face and Falcon just doesn't work with it imo.

This makes me want to find out all thier lines for comparison.

2 hours ago, Beggining said:

When I'm doing pub runs, I never see those Operator Apparitions. Maybe people just don't want to spoil the quest, or because it ends much too quickly to be of any use XD (most only use them for pasives, anyway)

I am strongly against this, since we are talking about children.

Depending on what age the tenno are. If they're in their teen years yes. Teen girls of growing age do have boobs varying in sizes.

I use the female operator because going from effeminate to beefcake is jarring. Specially after all those cutscenes. If the operator didn't always default to female maybe we'd have more variation. And maybe they'd be more visible if focus wasn't ONLY useful for activating your passives.

And wtf is all this about sexy 12 year olds? They're a 1000 years old. They're wayyyyyy up there in age of consent. They could have also been purpose bred by the orokin to look like children forever. The only argument you could give to the contrary is the death dimension damaged their brain when it made them into murder gods so they can't consent to some Tenno on Tenno after hour sessions.

Also op your pitch coulda used some subterfuge. Asking about a titty-slider betrays your motives.

6 minutes ago, Senigata said:

I thought if you didn't beat Second Dream you can't actually see the apparitions. Just like you have no Lua on the Star Chart until then.

Wish it was true. Imagine the wave of threads chasing ghosts and wild bugs :D

2 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

You are making him look bad. His statement was pure biology. :/

Eh, that's true. I apologize, @DrakoKnight48, I just don't want to be sucked into this kind of thread is all.

And if we're really considering a breast slider, there's a lot more option to differenciate between males and females. A breast slider would be really low on DE's priorities.

I really don't want to get into arguments regarding teen girls and their breasts.

Its not an argument. Its a fact. Girls DO in fact grow breast over time once they hit puberty. Its not creepy to inform people of a natural process all growing females go through. I get it though. Talking about the human body is hush hush topic people don't wanna hear, but it happens whether the people in this thread acknowledge it or not. Its still a fact. 

I really do not bother noticing either way, too busy focusing on the enemy and thinking about what do to next.

Nevertheless, I'd rather have a choice in Focus Projection to reflect the Schools more than the Operators:

And once there are more options for Operators, I'd be fine seeing a new node or Relay on Lua that players can show off their Operators.

Just now, Beggining said:

Eh, that's true. I apologize, @DrakoKnight48, I just don't want to be sucked into this kind of thread is all.

And if we're really considering a breast slider, there's a lot more option to differenciate between males and females. A breast slider would be really low on DE's priorities.

Its cool. We don't have to talk about it. I just wanted to inform the people in this thread who blew the fact teens have breast in different sizes is all. Have a nice day.  

12 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Its not an argument. Its a fact. Girls DO in fact grow breast over time once they hit puberty. Its not creepy to inform people of a natural process all growing females go through. I get it though. Talking about the human body is hush hush topic people don't wanna hear, but it happens whether the people in this thread acknowledge it or not. Its still a fact. 

10 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Its cool. We don't have to talk about it. I just wanted to inform the people in this thread who blew the fact teens have breast in different sizes is all. Have a nice day.  

Thanks, I appreciate that. The whole thing just seem so insignificant compared to other forms of customization, so I chose to avoid this.

Have a nice day as well :)

5 hours ago, Beggining said:

When I'm doing pub runs, I never see those Operator Apparitions. Maybe people just don't want to spoil the quest, or because it ends much too quickly to be of any use XD (most only use them for pasives, anyway)

I am strongly against this, since we are talking about children.

^ I always hide when activating my focus skill if there're people below mr 7

5 hours ago, Senigata said:

Everyone one I know uses a female Operator (myself included), mostly because during The Second Dream, the model that came out of the pod looked like the definitely slimmer model of the female Operator compared to the male one, which is actually where you can recognize the gender pretty well if you don't go overboard with the clothes.

I don't follow this logic. All the immortal teens bodies are relatively slim. They were teens at the time. Not seeing how slim body automatically equals a female teen.

But okay.

The Operator being female also works well for the whole "I want to protect her!" crowd, especially given that scene from The Second Dream with the 'frame moving on it's own.

I wouldn't overestimate the size of that crowd, and the 'frame moving on its own couldn't happen if the operator was male? I'm honestly not sure why the last bit works better for a female operator.

Muscle loss from basically being in a coma, atrophy, means every Tenno, male and female, was helpless and needed protection from their 'frame in that moment.

Since there's no romantic relationship trope involved, there's no reason why it would look better with a 'frame saving a female operator. I mention the romantic relationship trope because stories (and video games are stories) rely on it unfailingly. Guy saves girl is often used to dramatic effect.

Since the relationship between 'frame and operator is a symbotic one, the scene is just as rich, meaningful, moving and effective with whatever gender we choose.

5 hours ago, Vesiga said:

I never pay attention to what other operators look like. Don't really care.

This. In the moment, and especially early on, I'd look at the operator but not actually care what gender it was.

5 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

wait

there are people that care if other peoples operator is male or female?

Pretty much. It was just something new to see. Interesting to see how people crafted their Tenno, but not actually caring what gender they chose.

I wonder if DE will add something so we can actually see other player's Operators outside of them hitting 5. Maybe during team play we could have the other Operator say something instead of our own. I mean what else is the costumization good for if not to show it off?

All Tenno-related recent updates, as well as TWW trailers, seem to hint at more operator interaction, and mobility. But that'll be a far cry from going on missions as Tenno, at least I think so.

3 hours ago, Senigata said:

I thought if you didn't beat Second Dream you can't actually see the apparitions. Just like you have no Lua on the Star Chart until then.

Nope. Players who'd blitzed through the Second Dream before I'd started on it back then effectively spoiled what was inside our warframes for me. Some people did stop using it when I'd jokingly complained. Since then, if I play with lower MR players, I try not to hit focus if I can help it...but if I can't, I use it.

Since I chose Madurai, I pop focus primarily to heal and restore shields due to the immunity phase.

29 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

I wouldn't overestimate the size of that crowd, and the 'frame moving on its own couldn't happen if the operator was male? I'm honestly not sure why the last bit works better for a female operator.

Muscle loss from basically being in a coma, atrophy, means every Tenno, male and female, was helpless and needed protection from their 'frame in that moment.

Since there's no romantic relationship trope involved, there's no reason why it would look better with a 'frame saving a female operator. I mention the romantic relationship trope because stories (and video games are stories) rely on it unfailingly. Guy saves girl is often used to dramatic effect.

I will say that the Operator is weak, frail, and passive. These are traits that are traditionally assigned to female gender roles, so unconsciously, we might feel that a female fits the role 'better'.