Night and day cycle on earth problem, can we repair this? :P

So after starchart 3.0 planet earth looks like this:

X6KJpB8.png

If you think you can clearly see what's going on with this.
So this is my small issue with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7RdCNnrHzw
I think that I got thumbs down because people don't know me and thinks that I'm serious about that and I'm complaining. No, this video was maded for fun, but at the same moment showing how misunderstanding can be Earth for some people.

I realy though it's maded that way after STARCHART 3.0 and how EARTH looks.
Can we change it, to remove misunderstandings?
Idea A:
When it's a day earth is all light. When it's a night earth is all dark.
Idea B:
Just make it all the time left side Light and right side Dark, light is day, dark is night.
Idea C:
Earth will reverse night and day every 4 hours, so the earth will always have one half day and another half night.

Edited by IfritKajiTora
Just now, Eredoc said:

Doesn't Earth already have a Night and day cycle every 4 hours?

Looks like you misunderstood what OP said. He went on the assumption, that, from the model of the earth, the side where the sun wouldn't get, it would be night.

Unfortunately, the planets are not that advanced in animation yet, but I see some potential in the idea. If it is going to be earth alone, that wouldn't work either, because every planet should have day and night cycles then and that, I assume, costs time in the creative department the development team doesn't want to focus on right now.

7 minutes ago, Proxykon said:

Unfortunately, the planets are not that advanced in animation yet, but I see some potential in the idea. If it is going to be earth alone, that wouldn't work either, because every planet should have day and night cycles then and that, I assume, costs time in the creative department the development team doesn't want to focus on right now.

They don't need to be animated. I'm preety sure that those planets are just a pictures.  They can just put two pictures on each planet with day and night cycle.
They can use IDEA A or C. That would be the best.

I was thinking about making a forum post about this, but it appears you beat me to the punch. Anyway I'd be all for the status of earths cycle being shown on the starchart, or have static day/night missions, as the state of day/night is a big factor when it comes to scanning the various plants on earth, it would be nice to know at a glance if it's day or night there without even needing to load into a mission. 

8 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

They don't need to be animated. I'm preety sure that those planets are just a pictures.  They can just put two pictures on each planet with day and night cycle.
They can use IDEA A or C. That would be the best.

Then I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean the planets per se, I was referring to the on-planet missions. Nighttime sky and lighting during nights need to be applied to most of the currently existing planets and their tilesets (aside from earth) because they also revolve around the sun.

You can use your idea with the day and night pictures of course, but I was referring to the change affecting all planets in the solar system, not just the earth.

Edited by Proxykon

I like Idea C the most, Idea B would be a decent compromise (would just need to mark it in writing in the UI), I wonder how far the devs can take the day/night cycle?

For casual players, the current 4 hour structure can be an issue, if they have limited time to play and farm for plant scans on Earth.

I got a better and simple solution for this day/night cycle issue:

Make it random. Instead of set hours to do night or day you just run a mission and it could randomly be Day or Night, eventually DE could even add more plants for Twilight and Dawn or something.