Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaurata Chroma Skin & Alt Helm (WIP)

Dako_Shark

Hey guys! Got it up on the workshop now!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764104891
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764100768

^^
-----
This is gonna be a long first post. Geeze. Haha. So I ended up making a helm to go with the skin! I think I'm very nearly done everything before I post it to the workshop for more feedback! Though a bit more tweaking first. Seriously though, that profile view, unf. XD Turned out so nice.

i67yGPC.png

This one has a few earlier tint-masks, I changed some since then!
oStWoji.png

-----

Got a name in mind! The Inaurata Chroma Skin, inaurata is latin for Gilded, and I think it suits the skin. But we'll see when it gets closer to posting. So far that'll be the placeholder name!

-----

Small Update!

Hey guys! I think the base stuff is in a good spot, so don't think I'll be changing too much of that around! Right now I'm just trying to work on the wings, and I do need a name! So if anyone has any ideas gimme them! ^^ 

Also figured out the tint-masks I think! Still tweaking the diffuse maps though. And the wings are... Kinda WIP. I like them but it's REALLY hard to know what they'll look like in game, since the Tennogen previewer doesn't add the bloom and energy pan.

Spoiler

3AFT3am.png

QchtCS3.png
Z3jG6eL.png

Spoiler

A little example of the tintmasks. ^^

N81dFh3.png

-----

I'm currently trying to figure out a name for it. But I am horrible at trying to find a fancy and interesting names. It really reminds me of a more knightly type, so was going to try to aim for that for the name.

Spoiler

THIS IS STILL HEAVILY WIP
2RTF3MO.png.

And example of the colour scheme I was aiming for, from an earlier test of the tint masks.
TWoTFyC.png

Still working on it and stuff, albeit slowly. I wanna try to add a bit more texture and stuff to everything so the other original helms might be able to fit a bit better. Also for those that have every tried to mess with Chroma skins, it's a pain in the balls to get it to look anywhere decent cause his mesh is far from flat. Also normal maps are a paaaain.

There's also an issue I'm getting with those dumb one pixel lines between the the colour masks. -.-

I don't know if this'll go anywhere in the long run! But I enjoy poking at it. Just thought everyone might wanna check it out.

Edited by Dako_Shark
Updates!

On 9/9/2016 at 3:26 PM, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Niceeeeeee dragon knight I'm guessing ?

Yeah! At first I was just kinda messing around but it ended up turning out more Knightly than anything. ^^ I was trying to figure out a good name for it, was thinking something knightly would work.

On 9/9/2016 at 3:40 PM, lukinu_u said:

Wow, that's look nice.

It will perfect with a mix of knight helmet and crown as alt-hemet *-*

Thanks! I might have to try to poke at an alt helm later. Right now the focus is really on getting the normal maps looking okay, and trying to figure out how I wanna work with the texturing, everything seems very smooth right now, which may or may not be good. Haha.

On 9/9/2016 at 3:49 PM, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

thank god a Chroma skin that actually looks good 

Hopefully you´ll do a helmet as well

Aww, thanks! I might try to poke at an alt-helm! I've never actually done any 3d modeling to that degree, so I'd have to poke around and see if I can work something out. ^^ 

On 9/9/2016 at 6:04 PM, KWANi said:

+1 upvote for thong  ;)

HAHA, yeah, I mean, Chroma really has the best butt outta all the frames. :V If I say so myself.

On 9/12/2016 at 11:18 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

me like

;D great details 

Thank ya!

3 hours ago, Ledrif said:

TBH One of the better skins out there for Chroma.
I'd vote for this in a heartbeat! Man I really hope you get around to finishing it.

Haha. Thank ya. ^^ I've been working on it again today and I made a big step in getting the tint masks working proper!

-----

On a different note! I'm thinking there isn't any major changes needed to the base stuff. So might just continue working on finer details. Currently trying to get the wings to look good. XD 

Just now, Dako_Shark said:

Thank ya!

Haha. Thank ya. ^^ I've been working on it again today and I made a big step in getting the tint masks working proper!

-----

On a different note! I'm thinking there isn't any major changes needed to the base stuff. So might just continue working on finer details. Currently trying to get the wings to look good. XD 

i have zero idea how the tint/masking thing works ....

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Looks like it's going well so far, but I'll withhold judgement until I see the finished product. 

So far, though, I like the theme you seem to be going for. Hope it turns out well because I haven't like almost any of the other Chroma skins that have been suggested.

Also, good luck making an alt helm. 

Yeah. I noticed that Chroma really doesn't have to many skins, but it's probably because of the massive hassle of doing his pelt as well.

I'm still not sure if I'll be an alt helm, but maybe!

17 minutes ago, Slander630 said:

As soon as you can get it up on the workshop, you'll have my vote, this looks gorgeous! 

Glad to see people like what I'm doing with it. ^^ As soon as I figure out a good name I'll be working to get it onto the workshop. 

Definitely better than the other chroma skins I've seen so far.

If that thing ends up on the workshop, I'd vote yes in a heartbeat.

If it actually ends up ingame, you'll be getting my money.

Please, please remember that a warframe has 5 colors when you start separating them for the final schemes.

Hey guys! Another small updated. Decided to poke at a possible Alt Helm. XD Kinda just 3d doodling here so I might just scrap it, but yeah! Might flatten things out in places to add the filigree and stuff if it becomes the alt helm. But otherwise. Yeah. XD Just random!

Spoiler

F3rqpEs.png

Edited by Dako_Shark

21 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

The skin is amazing but I dont really like the Atl Helmet.

Yeah. I understand that it's not everyones cup of tea.

14 hours ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

To me, the textures look a lil bit cartoonish.

Hmm. That's a good complaint. I was worried it was a bit too simplistic compared to the original skins.