The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer: Congratulations, you've murdered your lore (again)

Bibliothekar

1 minute ago, Bibliothekar said:

So, this week, Baro has (amongst other things) earrings for our operator. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd when nobody except the Lotus know we even exist? So yeah, DE has murdered their own lore again for the sake of selling us stuff ...

Uhm... there could be various reasons for this:

Maybe he has customers among the humans wandering the relay too?

But basically I understand what you mean... I wish the lore wasn't so inconsistent sometimes.

Same with AladV and the cure for infestation...you know where the ps4 or xbone community to destroy the cure- and in a later event he shows up fully cured for them.

4 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

So, this week, Baro has (amongst other things) earrings for our operator. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd when nobody except the Lotus know we even exist? So yeah, DE has murdered their own lore again for the sake of selling us stuff ...

Yeah they are soooooooo greedy, they let you play their game for free, with more content that most aaas out there, with 0 need to spend money on platinum because it can be obtained for free...

Then they sell earrings, wow this is awful, how greedy are they, selling earrings, pff what would be next DLCs?

1 minute ago, mstriker said:

Yeah they are soooooooo greedy, they let you play their game for free, with more content that most aaas out there, with 0 need to spend money on platinum because it can be obtained for free...

Then they sell earrings, wow this is awful, how greedy are they, selling earrings, pff what would be next DLCs?

Op didn't say that they were greedy----

They just said "for the sake of selling us stuff"... that might refer to them wanting a certain exchange in ducats and credits...

And.... this has nothing to do with platin / real money . to begin with ...so...well.

Also: be careful with that sarcasm, will ya. I heard that mods are allergic to it.

Welp

Apparently, Baro removed them off the list.

Ripperino.

Nvm they brought them back. /offtopic

On topic, yea I can see concern spoiler wise: should just show the earpiece or silhouette of Tenno for those have not done Second Dream.

Edited by Fionntan
grammar

3 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Op didn't say that they were greedy----

They just said "for the sake of selling us stuff"... that might refer to them wanting a certain exchange in ducats and credits...

And.... this has nothing to do with platin / real money . to begin with ...so...well.

Also: be careful with that sarcasm, will ya. I heard that mods are allergic to it.

Lol ir sounded like;

"They are trying to sell us everything, this is becoming a cash grab"

11 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Same with AladV and the cure for infestation...you know where the ps4 or xbone community to destroy the cure- and in a later event he shows up fully cured for them.

I was never sure he was fully cured anyway since he still had the glowy scars, just a bit reduced.  As it currently stands with the new starchart (lore from the point of view of a player starting today) you meet Alad V on Jupiter rambling about his Zanuka Project, you see him slightly Infested looking during Second Dream and then you meet him fully Infested on Eris.  A new player never sees the event that offered him a cure and the last version they see as they progress through the starchart is the fully Infested version that drops Mesa.

2 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

Aren't there constantly broadcasts on the relay of Tenno screaming about how they feel after discovering that they are broken children and not actually magical ninja robots?

I'm sure relay chat is on an encrypted frequency or something, but Baro is a resourceful fellow.

There's a (sad) meta commentary on games, gamers and the roles we play in games, in the whole Operator thing. It'd be worthy of exploring, were it not so depressingly well presented.

But kudos to DE here. The sad symbolism was well done: that mute operator, silent on its throne. Participant vicarious in the violent actions of another, over whom it wields complete control and thus voluntarily enacts this violence though neither avatar nor operator understand a motive for so doing...

Slow. Clap.

Well done, DE. Well done indeed. Their revelation our own sad, soulful mirror full of unwelcome insight...

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

I was never sure he was fully cured anyway since he still had the glowy scars, just a bit reduced.  As it currently stands with the new starchart (lore from the point of view of a player starting today) you meet Alad V on Jupiter rambling about his Zanuka Project, you see him slightly Infested looking during Second Dream and then you meet him fully Infested on Eris.  A new player never sees the event that offered him a cure and the last version they see as they progress through the starchart is the fully Infested version that drops Mesa.

True... it's just utterly confusing.

I'd rather see them create a quest tree with all the old events implemented somehow-  I know that they said that they would do this during 2015...- they said so in the first dev stream of 2015. It's past mid 2016 now and nothing happened. I wish they would give this some priority... But they can't please everyone-I know that--- and I guess most average warframe players just want new weapons, new warframes, new whatever......

Uhhh I am feeling salty. Am I salty? I can't tell.

21 minutes ago, Krivasran said:

What if he's just selling earrings? Does his having them explicitly mean he *knows* there are operators? Does he know if there is a person in the warframe or not? If a crazy ninja shows up wanting to buy Jewelry you conveniently have to sell to other people are you going to ask questions?

Well to be fair people kind of expect you to have ears before they try to pawn off earrings so it is exceptionally odd in Baro's given he carries a "select" stock at every appearance.

Also if you look closely at when the terms warframe and tenno are bandied about you could in a conspiracy theory fashion say that the only ones who didn't know about the tenno were us, in a multi year running joke sort of way.

The whole reason the operators had to be moved was because the sentients and the stalker knew. Vor suspected and Alad V probably knows now as well. Not hard to think others have figured it out as well what with the moon popping back into existence and a bunch of empty somatic link chambers being left behind. Oh and the fact that we regularly summon the operators in combat Its not a stretch to think it is common knowledge at this point. 

Edited by xRufus7x

Just now, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Said before and I'll say it again, cosmetics for ducats is Incredibly generous.

as for lore, they are just Orokin artefacts he found in the void, he knows we coolect that stuff.

Usually the kind that's involved with brutally excessive murder but fair enough.

Aaaaand riding in through the Northern Gate is our White Knight for this evening. Please put your hands together for @mstriker and give him a warm welcome, ladies and gentlemen.

34 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Maybe he has customers among the humans wandering the relay too?

4 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

There are more people in the Relays aside from the Suits of Mass Destruction.

I'd agree there if they put some NPCs next to him when he spawns. Then again, DE seems to care as much about the relays as the dojos, seeing how long it took them to put the non-Syndicate NPCs back in Kronia and Orcus.

8 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Also if you look closely at when the terms warframe and tenno are bandied about you could in a conspiracy theory fashion say that the only ones who didn't know about the tenno were us, in a multi year running joke sort of way.

Didn't look at it that way so far ... huh.

Edited by Bibliothekar

4 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

I'd agree there if they put some NPCs next to him when he spawns. Then again, DE seems to care as much about the relays as the dojos, seeing how long it took them to put the non-Syndicate NPCs back in Kronia and Orcus.

They didnt put a finger in the Relays ever since Simaris, I believe. Those force fields in the second floor is just a reminder that I must keep glitching into the geometry to get behind it as a protest.

Also, didnt they say they are going to take a look at the Dojos on Pax West when a player asked?