The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer: Congratulations, you've murdered your lore (again)

Bibliothekar

3 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

So am I the only one who thought he was clearly aware of transference during the Inaros quest? Why is it now that people rage about this?

I didn't really get that vibe.  Unless the tenno using inaros was actually named inaros he could've just as easily been referring to the warframe as the operator instead of them being two seperate beings which is implied by the earrings and the vast body shape difference between a warframe's head and well anything else.

Actually, I think people here are forgetting that Baro Ki'Teer already knows about the Somatic Link, and thus likely the actual truth behind Warframes from the Sands Of Inaros quest: at one point he accuses the Tenno of using the Somatic Link to make him hear the female voice narrating the story of Inaros.  

Edited by LGear

Just now, LGear said:

Actually, I think people here are forgetting that Baro Ki'Teer already knows about the Somatic Link, and thus likely the actual truth behind Warframes from the Sands Of Inaros quest: at one point accuses the Tenno of using the Somatic Link to make him hear the female voice narrating the story of Inaros.  

While that means he could be aware of transference that doesn't neccessarily mean he's aware that a tenno and a warframe are two physically seperate beings.  Transference itself was no huge secret, how it was militarily applied by the orokin would potentially mean that the particular of tenno and warframe was kept top secret even from lesser ranked orokin on grounds of preventing PR damage control. 

They wouldn't want the reputation of their nice gilded empire being defended by human experiment victims/child soldiers and that alone would be enough to make the tenno warframe relationship a closely guarded secret.

11 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

So, this week, Baro has (amongst other things) earrings for our operator. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd when nobody except the Lotus know we even exist? So yeah, DE has murdered their own lore again for the sake of selling us stuff ...

Image result for eddie murphy gif

Didn't know he even had lore.  Thought he was nothing more than a poor man's Xur.

8 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No, because what makes you think he only retrieves and offers stuff he knows the Tenno can use in combat? You think he wouldn't try to sell ear rings to the people he suspects are inside the "suits"?

Yeah, I thought so.

When I use 'focus' in solo, the enemies seem to ignore my apparition and kept attacking my frame. So maybe when we use 'focus', it just looks like we're bursting out a wave of energy. Not sure how other Tenno could see us, though :|

38 minutes ago, Beggining said:

When I use 'focus' in solo, the enemies seem to ignore my apparition and kept attacking my frame. So maybe when we use 'focus', it just looks like we're bursting out a wave of energy. Not sure how other Tenno could see us, though :|

I still think the entire implementation of the Focus abilities is ... weird. "Hey, nobody is supposed to know about you. Let's have you pop out like a Jack-(or Jill-)in-the-box about every 5 minutes." And how does our operator get to us when we do? Or is it just their Force ghost we see? Still too many open questions there ...

1 hour ago, AcceI said:

Didn't know he even had lore.  Thought he was nothing more than a poor man's Xur.

He does have a bit of background story in the Inaros quest, yes. But I meant it more generally. ;)

46 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

I still think the entire implementation of the Focus abilities is ... weird. "Hey, nobody is supposed to know about you. Let's have you pop out like a Jack-(or Jill-)in-the-box about every 5 minutes." And how does our operator get to us when we do? Or is it just their Force ghost we see? Still too many open questions there ...

I agree with the whole implementation thing: it's rather inconsistent that our enemies ignore our apparitions, yet others who hadn't completed the Second Dream can see it, plain as day. Operators are just a mess when it comes to implementation.

2 hours ago, AcceI said:

Didn't know he even had lore. Thought he was nothing more than a poor man's Xur.

He literally SELLS his lore, bro. Baro's a jerk like that.

I think Baro allways knew. You just can't collect things in the Void, sell said things to murderous ninja robots, and not know things. 

Of course, you all know what that means for us, don't you? As a Trader, what is more valuable than information.  So now they all know what we really are.