Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Art] Nekros Prime (somehow) disappointed

Burnthesteak87

56WxpUh.jpg

[On the LEFT: my own color schemes. MIDDLE and RIGHT: Front and Back of standard coloration]

Can we talk about the Nekros Prime's look?
► Its color scheme doesn't match standard Nekros coloration (we already know this from other Primes).
Its albedo maps brighten up the color too much.
The helmet's color scheme clashes hard with the rest of the body, it heavily hinders for alternative colorations.
► Its whole design is extremely uninspired.
Check the original Nekros: it transmits a unique feeling; meanwhile Nekros Prime looks like a jumble of details, prime trinkets, design choices out of context (what happened to its chest? It doesn't fit the whole design at all).
Look how those Leg Decorative Rings are bad looking. Check the silhouette and how artificial they look.
Conflict with other contents: the chest decoration totally ruins every chance of putting on a Sigil or Chestpieces
Maybe it can be fixed by making it removable like Oberon's or Volt's custom Shoulders.

For a game that keeps alive with its Graphics and Prime Accesses, I am honestly surprised.
Also ingame there isn't a system to check the content you want to create or buy.
If I had a chance at trying my color schemes on Nekros Prime and checking the model, I wouldn't have spent time farming for it.

...I'm back on my Standard Nekros waiting for a PBR update...

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I don't think he looks bad but it does look like there was an aesthetic change between normie and prime frames here.  Norm nekro looks vaguely like a dessicated corpse with the mortos bindings furthering that look.  Prime looks more like a freshly murdered corpse that was the victim of an animal attack (namely the ripped open chest which if anything is a design style i'd expect on valkyr) if there was actually a lore reason behind it, the difference would be neat but atm it's just a bit distracting from a design standpoint.

1 hour ago, Kenshin98 said:

Looks is subjective. you think it's bad and others thing it's cool.....nothing new here. DE never changed how a warframe looks, afaik 

Are you missing the point, not arguing and drawing conclusions to get upvotes? Nothing new?
Come on...

I'm not talking of tastes, I'm talking about Design Choices.
I'm pretty aware that things are to stay as they're now, but however, thinking about Prime Access costs and the Core of Warframe...

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Nekros Prime uninspired? Sorry?

It not only does the job of transmitting death in an unique and quite creepy way, it also follows Nekros own design. To say that Nekros design is good and the Prime is bad when it actually builds on the base is quite... Weird, to say the least.

The color scheme doesn't match? Of course not. The values are thought for the BP textures, not the PBR textures. I would not be surprised at the slightest if the Art team adjusted the values when the update comes.

They're not going to change the design anyways, nor cut the chest mesh at all. Nor it should be (you know, no one likes clipping right? That's what would happen with that chest piece then...)

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

They're not going to change the design anyways, nor cut the chest mesh at all. Nor it should be (you know, no one likes clipping right? That's what would happen with that chest piece then...)

Good morning.
After they sold the Prime Access, changing the content wouldn't be so correct.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

3 hours ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

Are you missing the point, not arguing and drawing conclusions to get upvotes? Nothing new?
Come on...

I'm not talking of tastes, I'm talking about Design Choices.
I'm pretty aware that things are to stay as they're now, but however, thinking about Prime Access costs and the Core of Warframe...

So what you're saying is that they can do better? That my friend is subjective :p 

its still you opinion, unless you're saying you got into the minds of DE art team and you saw that they have a much better looking design (still your opinion though) but they chose this one? 

Just give up dude, or wait for a deluxe skin 

57 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

So what you're saying is that they can do better? That my friend is subjective :p 

its still you opinion, unless you're saying you got into the minds of DE art team and you saw that they have a much better looking design (still your opinion though) but they chose this one? 

Just give up dude, or wait for a deluxe skin 

What argument is this?
This is not a whine post.
This thread of mine is a Feedback Thread where I claim the Art is taking a bizarre direction and I argued it by taking in precise examples.

Now If you have the tools to argue about it, is a matter, but if you come here saying first obvious and after abstract things, cool looking phrases to catch up upvotes, I don't really know what else to say.